Ophthalmologist (eyes)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Hermine Sulayan on Mar 4th, 2015

I consider myself very lucky to have Dr. Boyer taking care of me.

Review Dr. David Boyer, MD - Ophthalmologist, Otolaryngologist show details Review Dr. David Boyer, MD - Ophthalmologist, Otolaryngologist
by Lee Harriet on Nov 3rd, 2013

I have one of left eye lens cloudy by Cataract suffering so long time since 2007. Separated is eyelids droopy blepharoplasty - ptosis and Nasal Repair Rhinoplasty. I'll need to be removed one eye lens cloudy as soon again visit in Good Samaritan Hospital. Just will completed Cataract surgery, I revolve to Encino Hospital Medical Center to consulting request Dr. Sean Younai MD, FACS, treatment for deviated septum both Rhinoplasty or Septoplasty. May which is arrange to step-1 Nasal Repair Rhinoplasty, step-2 Cataract, step-3 Eyelids droopy blepharoplasty and Facial Sulptra by Dr. Michael Persky.

Review Dr. David Boyer, MD show details Review Dr. David Boyer, MD
by Lee Harriet on Nov 3rd, 2013

Dear David Boyer I have one of eye left lens cloud by cataract since 8 years later I'll need to be removed lens cloud, is separated eyelids droopy blepharoplasty ptosis and nasal repairs Rhinoplasty before facial plastic surgery by Los Angles Dr. Michael Persky, MD. Written by Lee Harriet

Jun 8th, 2011

wonderful staffvery kind doctortakes time to explain thingsvery compassionateeasily accessable

wonderful dr. show details wonderful dr.
by WORRIED MOM on Feb 4th, 2011

MY EXPERIENCE IS BITTER SWEET WITH DR BOYER IM GLAD HE FOUND THE PROMBLEM WITH MY DAUGHTER ON TIME BUT, ITS BEEN KIND A HARD FOR MY DAUGHTER LIVING WITH THIS DEASES. BUT EVERYONE HAS BEEN VERY NICE STARTING WITH THE DRS AT HIS OFFICE, AND STAFF VERY HELPFUL.

Good guy who knows his business show details Good guy who knows his business
Dec 16th, 2010

I would recommend Dr. Boyer. He seemed very competent and friendly.

visionimpaired show details visionimpaired
Apr 9th, 2009

David Boer is the best retina doc west of the Mississippi. Ask any doctor who'd they go to if needed? yeah, it's a wait, well. the docotrs are the best. Left eye is blind - that's the Barry Kerman, Jules Stein eye. Switched to Boyer after THEY had him assist of my first detached retina. After 15 years with Dr. Boyer and 3 more detached retinas and probably 8 surgeries, my right eye is 20/60 corrected.

A wonderful man! show details A wonderful man!
by Cory Maryott on Feb 11th, 2009

When i was 15 and struck in the eye with a tennis ball i was horrified. Initially thinking i was blind, my vision steadly began fading back in.The ER i went to recomended Dr. Boyer, and the Dr. even came into the office on a sunday for my case. Upon meeting us, he told my father that he too has a son my age, and would want the Dr. to come in on a Sunday for him as well.Dr. Boyer was always comforting and gentle and did everything he could to assist my condition.He seems very knowledgeable and many other eye doctors i have met after have heard of him.I definitely recommend him to anyone!

Excellent dr./horrible staff show details Excellent dr./horrible staff
by Laura Gangl on Aug 12th, 2008

Yes I finally found a great retina-vitreous specialist- but to get an appointment is like going thru the Pentagon EACH TIME. I had an ER and I requested a call back from Boyer or his partner. I NEVER got a reply. I was told by dr. this is common occurrence and he is AWARE his staff is so bad, so he gave me his personal cell #. But to be aware and do NOTHING about it... I had a 2nd ER situation and could not SEE anything.. could only call the # from directory assistance... couldn't see the cell # ; so all I got was horrible attitude from this "Rudy" and then "Ericka" Heather is very kind. And I was running late for a DT appt and Dr. Boyer stayed in office until I got there. He did my vitrectomy and all the drs at Jules Stein said he did an excellent job. I just can't see Dr. Boyer anymore due to his horrible staff. I had an insulin shock incident and Pat/nurse-receptionist- refused to give me any juice or sugar! Another patient overheard and came to my rescue! Yeah- some medical oaths are missing here to help humans in need-- just basic help here. And for an office that supposedly specializes with diabetics??? Well Dr. Gallemore was with this group before they kicked him out.. but the same staff is here still; so the same uncaring, rude remarks remain. Yes this "Rudy" actually makes JOKES against patients! And they fired a diabetic nurse but yet keep the worst staff on board! Another good Dr. there is Dr. Janice or Janet Hopkins- she is only in Beverly Hills and N Hollywood office. Otherwise go to Jules Stein Eye Institute/USC-- you not only get one highly professional and skilled doctor/ but you get 3 and 4 other residents to listen and inform you at the same time. Staff there is great too. Dr. Boyer is excellent- but few may never get to know due to the Iron Curtain wall from his horrible staff.