Psychiatrists

1150 Foothill Blvd
Ste F
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
818-952-3667
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

Some ratings provided by Kudzu. DrScore.
Aug 17th, 2013

Horrible all over. I had the sensation that I was paying $100 just to renew the prescription every month. They also made many mistakes charging me too much, even if I told them they were wrong. It took me more than 20 calls and 6 months to get the money back because they charged me what they shouldn't. Horrible experience.

|  Doctor on Paper only  |  show details
by Jennifer on Jul 11th, 2013

I was a patient of Dr. Stephen G Hayes and was sent to Dr. Foos when Dr. Hayes died. I normally don't write reviews, but this provider is so bad that I make a point of ensuring people know about it. He is a medicine pusher. After I spent at minimum half an hour, but usually an hour, in his loud waiting room (or there'd be a fine!) he would only spend enough time with me to write a prescription for drugs. He once changed my prescription to a medication that he was pushing, which made me manic, and which my doctor after him took all of five minutes looking at my file to determine was completely wrong for me. She called him a hack drug pusher, and I agree. I once asked to talk about my depression and he said he'd call in someone else (which he never did). He is useless, money hungry and should be avoided like the plague.

|  worst service ever  |  show details
by lin on May 6th, 2013

I waited for him for one hour and was told that he could not come to the office. But once, i forgot to show up i was charge for $50. Always have to wait at least 30'. The place is not so clean.

Feb 9th, 2013

Seriously, he should be in jail. He is beyond selfish and has no compassion whatsoever. His back office lady is Rosalina and she will be sickeningly sweet to your face, then throw daggers at you if you even mention the word 'money.' He is a drug pusher who meets with me, doesn't ask one question about how I'm doing, then has the nerve to bill me for visit I didn't even have! (Because he makes, literally, a 20 second call to order my prescription. All he does is talk about himself, his golf and his vacations. To say he's a thief wouldn't be enough. If he hasn't already caused a patients death, it's just a matter of time. Why does the AMA allow him to be a board certfied member. He is evil and greed personified and boasts about winning in small claims court on a regular basis. I truly think he should be in jail.

May 23rd, 2012

whatever you do do not see this doctor - I took my son to him for nearly a year because i had sto find someone in a pich in 2011 when his oh so professional 'other'psychiatrist got her ego bruised-whast is it with psychiatrists?dont they know they are not Gods gift to the world of medicine?? before I finally realized it was a lost cause--he should be reported to the AMA- but fast!!

|  Significantly better than other ratings; pleasantly surprised  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2012

I only give 4 stars for truly exceptional experiences and in some instances this was exceptional because I read the reviews after making the appointment and was expecting far less than I received. Dr. Foos was pleasant and confident, making my daughter (16) comfortable. This is a first impression and his true worth will be known after my daughter begins treatment. At this point, I would recommend him.

Sep 17th, 2011

The way this so called physician intimidates his patients is reprehensible. There is no bedside manner to speak of. He is nothing but an ersatz version of the wonderful physician who preceded him. Why are physicians regulated more in order weed out the likes of him. A disgrace.

|  Appointment time means nothing  |  show details
by Miss Sunshine on Jan 18th, 2011

They made me an appointment for 11:15 AM, making sure to warn me there would be a dire fee if I was late or did not show.I arrived early, did paperwork, then was left to sit there for nearly 55 minutes. When the Dr finally emerged, done with whomever he had been seeing, he proceeded to call a gentleman who arrived AFTER I did, so that was it, and I left the office telling his staff that my appointment had been an hour ago, and it was ridiculous.I will not be re-scheduling.During the pointless wait, the office was loud, filled with obnoxious babbling, giggling and other random annoyances from his oh, so professional staff. (Two girls in tight jeans and hooker boots)

|  Stay Away  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2010

Horrible doctor. Horrible person. Horrible office.

|  Great Doc  |  show details
by John Severino on May 10th, 2010

Dr. Foos is caring and compassionate. He will not waste time with an agenda. He is happy to answer questions and will take the time to explain whatever you need.

|  Hippopotamus  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2009

Should you see this doctor, you are taking your life in your hands. He is lazy.

|  terrible - doesn't care about patients' health  |  show details
by rivers2010 on Mar 29th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Terrible doctor. More concerned with his vacation time than with his patients' health. Rude to family members seeking help. Doesn't follow through with suicidal patients.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  Obnoxious and ineffective  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 29th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

This doctor is surprisingly obnoxious and ineffective. No time for patients, no follow-up. Poor treatment results and horrible attitude. NOT...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  What a Joke!  |  show details
by Michelle on Mar 16th, 2009

My daughter was seeing the great Dr. Stephen Hayes. Unfortunately, when he passed away, we were at a huge loss. We were referred to Dr. Foos. What a joke! Not only did he not seem to know what he was doing, but he's pompous and his staff rude! When I found another doctor for my daughter, we asked Dr. Foos' office for a copy of the file...they would not release it unless we paid for it! He doesn't care about the patient at all...it's all about him and how much money he can make!

|  Worst doctor and staff EVERR!!  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2008

Dr. Foos and his staff are pitiful. They made a "mistake" and setup an appointment for me and sent me a bill for $50 for missing that appointment that I never made. The office manager Rosalina is so RUDE - I have never seen such insolence from a doctor's office before. AVOID THIS DOCTOR AND HIS MONEY HUNGRY STAFF. THEY ARE THEIVES!