Psychiatrist

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Very competent and helpful show details Very competent and helpful
Dec 13th, 2015

Great doctor. Very intelligent and able to get me on a good treatment path. He runs very late because he take the needed time with each patient, so if you can't wait an hour after your arrival time, find a different doctor. However, I find the wait well worth it. The staff, Grace and Julie, are very kind and helpful.

Stay Away - Not Professional show details Stay Away - Not Professional
Oct 10th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Foos for five month. Twice he has failed to show up at his office in time to make my appointment. He didn't charge me the first time, but the second time my insurance was billed and I had to pay my co-pay because I told his office manager that I'd like refills. That was considered a med management appointment even though I never saw or spoke to the doctor. I'm fairly certain his office manager can't actually practice medicine. I'm following up with the Medical Board of California and with my insurance company to see whether this constitutes fraud. I had serious issues (labs, sleep problems, probable med changes) that I wanted to speak to Dr. Foos about and all I got was a long wait and $20 poorer.

Great doctor if you don't want to get better show details Great doctor if you don't want to get better
by Jen on Apr 8th, 2015

I was sent to Dr. Foos after my childhood provider passed. Dr. Foos immediately started me on medications that my doctor after him said any doctor worth anything would know were a terrible mix with my diagnosis. When I asked for actual discussion regarding my depression he said he'd call in another psychiatrist, which he never did. All this man cares about it writing prescriptions and cashing checks, and frankly I don't know how he's still in practice. His office staff is rude and I never waited less than an hour for my scheduled appointment, but I dare not ever be late, lest there be a fee. If you are a drug seeker with no actual desire to get better, visit Dr. Foos. If you actually want help, find someone else.

Very competent and personable show details Very competent and personable
Feb 25th, 2015

I have had a very good experience with Dr. Foos who I have been seeing for nearly 15 years. He is personable, spends time with me, and answers my questions. I rarely have trouble getting an appointment. His staff is very competent, pleasant, and professional. My biggest complaint is having to wait in his waiting room up to 1 1/2 hours (though not usually that long) before seeing him.

Aug 17th, 2013

Horrible all over. I had the sensation that I was paying $100 just to renew the prescription every month. They also made many mistakes charging me too much, even if I told them they were wrong. It took me more than 20 calls and 6 months to get the money back because they charged me what they shouldn't. Horrible experience.

worst service ever show details worst service ever
by lin on May 6th, 2013

I waited for him for one hour and was told that he could not come to the office. But once, i forgot to show up i was charge for $50. Always have to wait at least 30'. The place is not so clean.

May 23rd, 2012

whatever you do do not see this doctor - I took my son to him for nearly a year because i had sto find someone in a pich in 2011 when his oh so professional 'other'psychiatrist got her ego bruised-whast is it with psychiatrists?dont they know they are not Gods gift to the world of medicine?? before I finally realized it was a lost cause--he should be reported to the AMA- but fast!!

Significantly better than other ratings; pleasantly surprised show details Significantly better than other ratings; pleasantly surprised
Mar 1st, 2012

I only give 4 stars for truly exceptional experiences and in some instances this was exceptional because I read the reviews after making the appointment and was expecting far less than I received. Dr. Foos was pleasant and confident, making my daughter (16) comfortable. This is a first impression and his true worth will be known after my daughter begins treatment. At this point, I would recommend him.

Sep 17th, 2011

The way this so called physician intimidates his patients is reprehensible. There is no bedside manner to speak of. He is nothing but an ersatz version of the wonderful physician who preceded him. Why are physicians regulated more in order weed out the likes of him. A disgrace.

Appointment time means nothing show details Appointment time means nothing
by Miss Sunshine on Jan 18th, 2011

They made me an appointment for 11:15 AM, making sure to warn me there would be a dire fee if I was late or did not show.I arrived early, did paperwork, then was left to sit there for nearly 55 minutes. When the Dr finally emerged, done with whomever he had been seeing, he proceeded to call a gentleman who arrived AFTER I did, so that was it, and I left the office telling his staff that my appointment had been an hour ago, and it was ridiculous.I will not be re-scheduling.During the pointless wait, the office was loud, filled with obnoxious babbling, giggling and other random annoyances from his oh, so professional staff. (Two girls in tight jeans and hooker boots)

Stay Away show details Stay Away
Jul 11th, 2010

Horrible doctor. Horrible person. Horrible office.

Great Doc show details Great Doc
by John Severino on May 10th, 2010

Dr. Foos is caring and compassionate. He will not waste time with an agenda. He is happy to answer questions and will take the time to explain whatever you need.

Hippopotamus show details Hippopotamus
Sep 30th, 2009

Should you see this doctor, you are taking your life in your hands. He is lazy.

What a Joke! show details What a Joke!
by Michelle on Mar 16th, 2009

My daughter was seeing the great Dr. Stephen Hayes. Unfortunately, when he passed away, we were at a huge loss. We were referred to Dr. Foos. What a joke! Not only did he not seem to know what he was doing, but he's pompous and his staff rude! When I found another doctor for my daughter, we asked Dr. Foos' office for a copy of the file...they would not release it unless we paid for it! He doesn't care about the patient at all...it's all about him and how much money he can make!