Dr. David Chao MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 11th, 2017
Very Lucky to have been referred to Dr David Chao
I shattered my right elbow in a road accident in San Diego with several unique circumstances. I was referred to Dr David Chao. He is without a doubt an extraordinary physician. He is also extremely humble, considerate and the most genuine of gentleman. His staff reflects his values. If you are unfortunate enough to require complicated orthopedic surgery I would recommend you call Dr. Chao.

February 23rd, 2017
Made me feel 100% again!
Doctor Chao made time to see me within 24 hours of my injury, then quickly scheduled a surgery to repair my meniscus. The surgery was a success & my recovery was quick. I previously had seen Doc Chao 9 years ago for a prior knee injury, & his work was incredible then as well. I can't recommend him enough!!!

May 18th, 2016
EXCELLENT Orthopedic Surgeon, best for sports injuries
I would recommend this Ortho Surgeon to ANYONE with sports related injury. His staff is so caring and very helpful. He is an excellent doctor with great knowledge and really makes you feel comfortable. He replaced my ACL and MCL and repaired my meniscus and I was walking the same day (in pain, but walking). I am 3 weeks post operation and I am way ahead in physical therapy and my scars are minimal. He knows what he is doing!

August 17th, 2014
No Regrets!
Dr. Chao's promptness to my injury was without compromise. I never waited more then 3 minutes in the waiting room and he initially recommended physical therapy to see if we could avoid surgery. His initial diagnosis was spot on and eventually i opted for the surgery. Within 1 week i had 90% use of my shoulder. It has now been 2 weeks and i hardly notice that i had surgery. thanks Doc. Your a miracle worker.

January 15th, 2014
Excellent Surgeon
Both my husband and I have been treated by Dr. Chao. Hubby was first with a knee replacement. Dr. Chao used a technique that left a short scar (about 3 inches). My hubby's recovery was fast and uncomplicated. Later my hubby had the other knee done by different surgeon. THAT procedure left a 9 inch scar and he has had nothing but pain and complications That is why, when it came time to have my shoulder done, I went to Dr. Chao. SOOO happy I did. Instead of a long incision, I have 3 small ones. After two weeks they are already healed. I do have significant post operative pain because Dr. Chao did what seems to me to be fairly aggressive surgery. However, my problem was a rotator cuff that was being "impinged" by a bone spur. Dr. Chao took the spur off plus about 2 cm of bone and cut a redundnat tendon to make the shoulder more mobile. While I still have a lot of swelling, I can certainly move my shoulder and without pain caused specifically by the movement. I traveled 60 miles to go see Dr. Chao and receive my PT near my home. Interestingly, the Physical Therapists all say that Dr. Chao is the doctor that they and their families go to for shoulders and knees.

September 10th, 2013
Patient
I am Very Pleased with my new Knee. Dr Chao did a wonderful job and the follow up was Great. I am recommending him to all my friends !!

August 13th, 2012
Funny bogus reviews...
Some of these reviews are so obviously fake. Jealous competing sports injury clinics trying to get clients the underhanded way. Who posts a review, "he's a butcher, he screwed up my son's shoulder for good".. would you write one sentence if a doctor screwed up your son's shoulder for good? lol.. I would write about 5 paragraphs.. I'm just saying, it's pretty obvious, so take some of these negative reviews with a grain of salt. The guy has been practicing and working on professional athletes for 20 years.

August 1st, 2012
The BEST Orthopaedic Doctor EVER! A+++
This man and his staff are AMAZING! Quick appointments and scheduling for surgery, and Shawn is fantastic too! Thank you guys for being so great!

June 13th, 2012
he shouldnt be allowed to practice
he is a butcher...he screwed up my sons shoulder for good,.

October 17th, 2011
Thank you for everything you have done
Thank you for everything you have done. I appreciate it greatly. I hope I can "pay it forward" for other patients with special needs in the future.

September 29th, 2011
Dr. Chao and staff are terrific. Thank you for your expertise and passion.

September 28th, 2011
My visits here are always awesome. The staff is great. Best clinic ever!