inactive

Overall Review

no change

May 18th, 2016
EXCELLENT Orthopedic Surgeon, best for sports injuries
I would recommend this Ortho Surgeon to ANYONE with sports related injury. His staff is so caring and very helpful. He is an excellent doctor with great knowledge and really makes you feel comfortable. He replaced my ACL and MCL and repaired my meniscus and I was walking the same day (in pain, but walking). I am 3 weeks post operation and I am way ahead in physical therapy and my scars are minimal. He knows what he is doing!

August 17th, 2014
No Regrets!
Dr. Chao's promptness to my injury was without compromise. I never waited more then 3 minutes in the waiting room and he initially recommended physical therapy to see if we could avoid surgery. His initial diagnosis was spot on and eventually i opted for the surgery. Within 1 week i had 90% use of my shoulder. It has now been 2 weeks and i hardly notice that i had surgery. thanks Doc. Your a miracle worker.

January 15th, 2014
Excellent Surgeon
Both my husband and I have been treated by Dr. Chao. Hubby was first with a knee replacement. Dr. Chao used a technique that left a short scar (about 3 inches). My hubby's recovery was fast and uncomplicated. Later my hubby had the other knee done by different surgeon. THAT procedure left a 9 inch scar and he has had nothing but pain and complications That is why, when it came time to have my shoulder done, I went to Dr. Chao. SOOO happy I did. Instead of a long incision, I have 3 small ones. After two weeks they are already healed. I do have significant post operative pain because Dr. Chao did what seems to me to be fairly aggressive surgery. However, my problem was a rotator cuff that was being "impinged" by a bone spur. Dr. Chao took the spur off plus about 2 cm of bone and cut a redundnat tendon to make the shoulder more mobile. While I still have a lot of swelling, I can certainly move my shoulder and without pain caused specifically by the movement. I traveled 60 miles to go see Dr. Chao and receive my PT near my home. Interestingly, the Physical Therapists all say that Dr. Chao is the doctor that they and their families go to for shoulders and knees.

September 10th, 2013
Patient
I am Very Pleased with my new Knee. Dr Chao did a wonderful job and the follow up was Great. I am recommending him to all my friends !!

July 11th, 2013
Hip Replacement
Dr. Chao was very positive from the beginning of my first visit. He explained the options that I had and didn't press me for a decision about surgery. The surgery went incredibly well. I was out of the hospital after one night and after I demonstrated I could physically do what I needed to do. I did not have blood clot shots as some of my friends had to do for 30 days after their surgery. I believe much of this had to do with Dr. Chao's expertise and ability. I had my hip replacement surgery 6 years ago and have remained active doing what I love, some things not as well as before but that has to do with age not the surgery. Honestly I never even think about the surgery while I'm competing as it feels like a normal hip. I play doubles beach volleyball 4 times a week, ride bicycles, waterski, lift weights and run in the soft sand. Now getting out of the hospital in one night also had to do with being in excellent physical condition when I went in,

August 13th, 2012
Funny bogus reviews...
Some of these reviews are so obviously fake. Jealous competing sports injury clinics trying to get clients the underhanded way. Who posts a review, "he's a butcher, he screwed up my son's shoulder for good".. would you write one sentence if a doctor screwed up your son's shoulder for good? lol.. I would write about 5 paragraphs.. I'm just saying, it's pretty obvious, so take some of these negative reviews with a grain of salt. The guy has been practicing and working on professional athletes for 20 years.

July 31st, 2012
The BEST Orthopaedic Doctor EVER! A+++
This man and his staff are AMAZING! Quick appointments and scheduling for surgery, and Shawn is fantastic too! Thank you guys for being so great!

June 12th, 2012
he shouldnt be allowed to practice
he is a butcher...he screwed up my sons shoulder for good,.

October 17th, 2011
Thank you for everything you have done
Thank you for everything you have done. I appreciate it greatly. I hope I can "pay it forward" for other patients with special needs in the future.

September 29th, 2011
Dr. Chao and staff are terrific. Thank you for your expertise and passion.

September 28th, 2011
My visits here are always awesome. The staff is great. Best clinic ever!

September 27th, 2011
great dr
The doctor has been a lot of help and helping me get through my shoulder pain. Thanks Dr. Chao