Dr. D Dershaw Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. D Dershaw?

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. D Dershaw?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

April 29th, 2013

I just came from my needle biopsy performed by Dr David Dershaw.The doctor has excellent skills and very good hands. I was surprised I had NO PAIN during the procedure. Doctor Dershaw provided me with the complete explanation on what is being done and what to expect after the procedure. The nurse Polin that was assisting doctor was very friendly and skillful. Thank you very much for taking care of me. Now I will wait for my diagnosis.

August 5th, 2010

this doctor has no respect for other peoples schedule. On numerous occasions i have tried to contact him. He would not see me even when he was 10 feet away, and sent his secretary to deal with me. He was disrespectful and arrogant. I will never return to Sloan to have work done. I have never met a doctor who treats people with such a lack of respect. I hope all patients of his read this before returning to the radiologist center.

May 28th, 2009

This man would not return phone calls, e-mails, nor speak to another radiologist who had performed a breast MRI on me and saw a probable malignancy. This was because Dr. Dershaw's breast MRI done at Sloan supposedly did not pick up the malignancy, or he interpreted it as non-malignant. I tried, as I said, to call him for advice but I was just ignored. So there I was with two opposing MRI's. I decided to have a third MRI done at St. Barnabas in Livingston, NJ which has a state of the art MRI machine. Dr. Sharo, the radiologist there, was so helpful and so nice when speaking to me by phone. His MRI and interpretation of it concurred totally with the first MRI and he recommended excisional biopsy. It was indeed cancer, IDC. The first radiologist, Dr. Denis D'Angelo from Staten Island's Regional Radiology was correct in first diagnosing the malignancy and was and is still extremely helpful and caring, unlike this guy who just ignores questions and problems. He also does not comment on non-malignant looking breast lesions. How wrong, how convenient. If later, one of these turns out to be cancer, well then there is no record on the report of its' exsistence, so it seems as if it was never there to begin with and is a new occurence. No wonder Sloan's positive predictive values are so good; some lesions are never even mentioned. The other two facilities both commented on a lesion in the other breast that appears benign and has not changed in several years. But at least it is being watched for changes. Not so at Sloan. This doctor who would never even speak to me should be ashamed of himself. Oh well, the entire NYC breast cancer radiology community knows exactly what happened in my case and who was right and who was wrong, arrogant and elitist. I guess Dr. Dershaw feels he has no obligation to serve his patient directly, to provide advice, to answer questions about a life threatening disease such as cancer, even in a complicated case such as mine was. Because he is director of breast imaging at Sloan, I would never use their breast radiology department again.

Metastatic Melanoma