Dr. David Schiff MD Patient Reviews

• Cardiovascular Disease Los Angeles, CA

2.6

May 5th, 2016
Don't bother. Comes across as bored, and uninterested. Rude.

March 6th, 2015
Great doctor and super guy! I recommend him to all my friends and family. Love Dr. Schiff--he saved my life!

March 19th, 2013
The most memorable moment from conversation with the doctor - likes to lecture on things he does not have or know about the patient, may become rude and inpatient. I would not recommend him to my friends for sure!!!

March 15th, 2012
My Best Doctor!
Dr. Schiff is the most caring and friendly doctor I have ever had the pleasure of being a patient. He is a Doctor in the truest sense, caring, warm and attentive to your needs, but has no problem setting you straight when he sees your slacking on taking pills.

January 21st, 2010
Great experience
First off, the office staff is hilarious. I don't know if they are stand-up comics in addition to being nurses and receptionists, but I was laughing the whole time I was there - including for my blood test when Dr. Schiff himself took it. I was most impressed be the time Dr. Schiff took with me - actually sitting me down in his office to explain what he thought was going on, what we were going to do about it, as well as when I should follow up. I had grown accustomed to the Dr.s that merely hover in the doorway and write you a prescription. This was not the case at all with Dr. Schiff - very personal service. The office itself is very full service - they have their own x-ray machine and heart testing equipment - a real one-stop shop for most problems.Unfortunately, my new job's insurance is not one that they accept, so I am left to find another doctor - very sad about that.

August 23rd, 2009
Don
Just the best doctor in every way. Smart, brite, caring and takes the time to listen. Wonderful man and a great tennis player and runner. You are in good hands with this doctor.

March 5th, 2009
Very unethical doctor
One of the worst experiences in a doctor's office in my entire life! After telling the doctor that I had been recently laid off and did not have insurance he assured me that the visit would be a flat rate of an amount we agreed on. After the visit which was very uncomfortable and abrupt he told me to call back to receive my test results. I asked the front desk if I needed to fill out any paper work or needed to provide anymore information but they told me I could leave. Calling back a few days later was a completely different story. When I asked if their were any additional charges for the tests he ran he said he would be billing my insurance. I was in absolute SHOCK! I had told him point blank I had recently been laid off and didn't have insurance. He then continued to lecture me about going out to a bars and that "maybe you shouldn't spend $50 each time I go out to the bars" WHAT???? I don't go out to bars and why is he commenting on my spending habits when he doesn't even know me! Aside from having 2 appointments in 2 years he has no idea who I am. I have never been treated so poorly or had a doctor speak to me so unprofessionally. I would NOT refer this doctor to my worst enemy. Lesson learned on my part and I hope no one will get stuck in a similar situation.