Overall Review

November 18th, 2015
Dr. Matusiak has been my children's pediatrician for 17 years. He takes the time to listen to parents unlike other doctors I have worked with. I Highly recommend him because of his knowledge, attentiveness and great bed side manner.

September 10th, 2013
Horrible Doctor!!!
We this doctor for first time today and he was so rude. Did not greet us or communicate with my sick son. He treated my son worse than an animal and actually looked upset when my son started crying. Horrible person! I hate him, wish I could slap him! We are never going back to him!

October 10th, 2011
How can a pediatrician be as rough as this Dr Matusiak?
We just had a very unfortunate experience to meet with Dr Matusiak because our regular peds doc was not available. He is pompous and arrogant. We came for a concern and he basically shrugged as off with no explanation. I had to tell him to PLEASE CHECK AND LISTEN TO HIS LUNGS coz my baby has been coughing and actually threw up the night before. Why do I have to tell a clinician that? Isn't that the first thing they should be doing? Get the patients vitals!!!

May 27th, 2011
Terrible Terrible Pediatrician
Extremely incompetent doctor, lacks concern, dignity and empathy for sick children. He should not be allowed to continue Medical practice specially children.My daughter experienced pain, high fever, coughing, loss of appetite and after explaining this to Dr. Matusiak he had my 15 month old daughter get chest x-rays as he thought she could have bronchitis.He interpreted the x-rays and determined they came back fine, there was nothing to be concerned with. However he stated if the symptoms continued I should have her be seen by him again. He clearly seemed upset at my daughters loud cry but she was experiencing pain.After arriving home I rationalized with myself and wondered why if he saw my daughter in such agony he would send me home without any kind of medication.My daughter would not stop crying and still refused to eat.I took my daughter and headed to the hospital. At Elmhust she was treated by David Andreski, whom showed and expressed concern for my daughter. He reviews the x-rays previously taken by Mtusiak and stated on the contrary of Matusiaks diagnosis he determined my daughter did have bronchitis. He immediately began to treat my daughter and then we were discharged but first he ensured we had the medication prescription and nebulizer mchine to help my daughter recooperate and to stop the pain.Someone needs to redetermine and really look into this individual he really does not display any kind of empathy.

March 1st, 2011
Terrible doctor. My kid was diagnosed autistic, Matuziak's response, "everyone thinks their kid is autistic"DO NOT SEE HIM! He should be seriously under review by the medical board.

November 28th, 2010
dismissive and the least proactive Dr i've witnessed.
I brought my twin sons to matusiak since birth. At age 1 and a half I noticed something was wrong. They were not hitting their milestones, and just something wasn't right. When I brought this to his attention he dismissed me as "well they're twins and they're boys, they'll catch up".....well 5 yrs down the line no "catch up" was in sight. So I did my own research, found my OWN resources and found they are both autistic. (Officially diagnosed Summer 2010) 3 years of wasted time because he wouldn't take a mother's concern seriously. Not only this, Dr. Matusiak was not even aware he was my children Dr since birth. I had to argue with him telling him he was. (I have docs to prove it)...... I wouldn't bring my dog to him.... how he got through med school is beyond me.

September 9th, 2010
very cold and unpleasant doctor
My son started to see this doctor since his birth. And since the first examination day Dr. Matusiak treated my son very rough (I think the vets are treating the animals in a nicer way)and i thought to choose the other doctor right away.He never bothers to comfort the child. He might be brilliant at his diagnosis,but never ever shows warm affection like doctor should show to a sick child.

June 15th, 2010
AWESOME DOCTOR!
My three children have been patients of Dr. Matusiak's for 9 years. My daughter since 1.5 years old and my sons since birth (they're 8 and 6). Both my sons needed to see multiple specialists during their first years of life and Dr. Matusiak was amazing in his referrals. Now, he definitely KNOWS HIS STUFF. He isn't for the nervous, untrusting new parent unless you can take his word that when he thinks nothing is wrong...there is most likely nothing wrong. Or when he says to wait and see...it's okay to wait and see. We had issues with all three kids where we had to trust his judgement...and every single time he was correct in his judgement. On the other hand, he was also very quick to refer us to: a neurosurgeon, neurologist, endocrinologist, general surgeon, opthomologist, urologist and a genetisist whenever the issues were beyond the scope of his knowledge. And WOW...did he send us to AWESOME specialists. Yes, there were waits to see them because they are some of the best in their field in the area. As far as his general bedside manner: He is sometimes very friendly and sometimes a bit gruff. Depends on his mood! I've complained to my husband about it on occasion, but he says, "So what! He is the best at diagnosis and referrals and that's better than just being a nice guy all the time." My kids don't seem to notice his moodiness...or just don't care.As far as having you hold your child down for examinations, that has not been my experience. I offered to do that when my daughter needed her ear checked and her throat swabbed a few years ago (she panicked), but he thought it unwise. Instead he patiently talked with her and gained her trust.His nurses do have the mom hold the child down for shots, but that is only for safety! :) I'm not opposed to that.One practice that he recently started that I don't agree with is when I bring in multiple children for a general physical, he pulled my 8 year old son to be examined in a room by himself while the nurse did the preliminaries on my 6 year old. I was caught off guard, but won't allow that to happen again. He said he did it for privacy in case my son was suffering from some issue that he didn't want his siblings to know about. Overall, we love Dr. Matusiak. My daughter just started seeing a female in his group as she is entering puberty and didn't want a male doctor anymore. But if a serious medical issue came up with her, we would not hesitate to take her back to him to get a great referral!!

April 11th, 2010
Poor care
Dr automatically gave a prescription for Acid reflux for my 4 month old son and said he would "be a different kid" in a week. After 2 days, Called at office due to no result and said, I must give it more time. After a week on medication, with still no result, no care was given to my son. Gave a referral to a GI specialist who has no openings for 2 weeks and said "wait it out"

February 23rd, 2010
I found this Dr. to be quite rude and insensitive. He lacks listening skills and was quick to cut me off when I had concerns about my daughter having a high fever and behaving abnormally after her last set of vaccinations. He insisted that I restrain my daughter with her arms and legs pinned down helplessly so it would make his job easier to examine her without kicking or squirming. I suggested allowing her to sit up so that she could be comfortable and not have to be traumatized by the experience(since I do know my own child) and once again he cut me off then suggested that I buy a new crib for our unborn baby?! I couldn't help but be insulted with his unsolicited advice and overall approach. He did not interact at all with my daughter and barely said hello to me or my husband and it was our first time seeing this Dr. I would NEVER recommend this Dr. for an adult let alone a helpless child.