Dr. David Medford MD Patient Reviews

4.8
  • 68 reviews

no change

December 30th, 2016
Any surgery is frightning; eye surgery is terrifying! After researching local surgeons as to education, expertiise and patient satisfaction, Dr. Medford was at the top of the list. Not surprisingly, he was also recommented by my family opthamologist, Dr. J. Fructman. During my initial consultation with Dr. Medford, he thoroughly explained my options and the procedures associated with the eye surgery to remove cateracts in both eyes and implants and...completely allayed my fears. His post op instructions were clear and simple and follow-up, timely. The difference in my sight is amazing. Thank you Dr. Medford!

December 19th, 2016
Happy to receive eye care from such an excellent doctor!
I have been treated for glaucoma by Dr. Medford for several years now & he consistently answers questions, and provides information about my condition and my eye care. Recently I had the opportunity to receive a second opinion for my eye care from the doctors at Wills' Eye Hospital in Pennsylvania. When the doctor completed his tests, examination, and review of my medications, the doctor from Wills' Eye told me he wouldn't do anything different with treatment of my eye care. He told me Dr. Medford was taking excellent care of my eyes and that I was in good hands! Thank you Dr. Medford!! In addition, the second doctor was immediately impressed to learn of the testing, patient education, and proactive treatment provided by Dr. Medford. I would not see anyone else for my eye care and I am so grateful!

December 10th, 2016
Dr. Medford has been my opthamologist for over thirty years. I have received great service from him. Up until recently, I've never needed any surgery. Very recently I was diagnosed with cataracts which eventually needed to be removed.. I was well treated at the surgical center and Dr. Medford's surgical skills are great. I now see clearer than I've ever seen. He implanted a lens in each of my eyes on two separate surgeries and the recovery was very fast and good. His staff has always acted and treated me with the utmost professionalisim. My husband and two of my three children are also patients for many years.

December 9th, 2016
Primary Care Physician
I have been a patient and colleague of Dr. Medford for over 20 years. As patient I have been impressed by the friendly environment and courteous and knowledgeable staff. Dr. Medford performed refractive surgery on me around 1997. The results were outstanding. I still do not wear glasses for distance As a colleague, I know that Dr. Medford is well respected by his peers for his surgical skills. I have referred hundreds of my patients to Dr. Medford and have never had anything but positive feedback.. I would have to say that Dr. Medford and his staff are truly excellent providers.

December 9th, 2016
I had a very pleasant from start to finish, from the initial consultation to my post-operative care. I would definitely recommend Dr. Medford.

November 11th, 2016
Dr. Medford
Great doctor! He performed cataract surgery on both eyes. Best vision I've ever had. He's very professional and patient! Answered all my questions and calmed my nerves.

November 9th, 2016
Dr Medford is not only professional he understands my concerns and was able to alleviate those concerns and make the me comfortable with the path we took. The results were better then I hoped for

October 20th, 2016
Physician
Dr. Medford has performed surgery on my 2 cataracts. I have had a wonderful response, and am grateful for the marvelous vision I now have. I am a Physician, and especially appreciate the excellence of Dr. Medford. He has a fine staff, It is always pleasant to go to his office. Thank you, Dr. Medford

September 24th, 2016
Two thumbs up for Dr. Medford and his staff
I know, it's your eyes. I was, like most people, very apprehensive about anybody poking around in my eyes. But my cataracts were starting to interfere with my day to day activities and I finally realized I had to do something about it. When I first saw Dr. Medford he immediately put me at ease. I admitted that I was very squeamish about my eyes, and his reply was "well, luckily, I'm not!" He went on to explain to me exactly what the procedure involved, and the benefits of the Femto laser (which I opted for). The results were more than I could have hoped for. The lens for one eye was for distance, and the lens for my second eye was for reading (tuned to about arms length). Now, for the most part, don't wear any glasses. I can do computer work, read the newspaper, my cell phone, etc. The exception is when I need to read very, very small print, at which point I can put on some glasses. Good news is that I don't need the glasses very often, but when I do, I can read print that I couldn't read with my glasses before! The only way to describe it is that it's "crystal clear". I'm so happy that I finally got the courage to get this done. After the procedure I realized it really was no big deal. I didn't feel anything during the procedure, and Dr. Medford and all the folks at the Ridgedale Surgery Center were caring, friendly, and made my short stay very comfortable. Dr. Medford's office staff were, likewise, friendly and easy to work with. Kelli, the surgical coordinator, was exceptional in helping me get a surgery date that would fit into my hectic schedule. I would enthusiastically recommend Dr. Medford to anybody who needs eye care.

July 22nd, 2016
I am extremely pleased with my experience with Dr. Medford and his staff. I had my cataracts removed. Based on his recommendation, I chose the RESTOR multifocal IOL lens. It was the right decision for me. I can read and do needlepoint with clear vision, and my distance vision has improved greatly. Dr. Medford and his staff are friendly, professional, and put me at ease.

July 10th, 2016
Great Experience
I've recently had both eyes operated on for removal of cataracts. I had a referral from my optometrist, but did not find positive reviews for that ophthalmologist. I searched for someone with better reviews and came upon Dr. Medford (Affiliated Eye Surgeons 95 Madison Ave, Ste 400 Morristown, NJ 07960). The wait time for the original examination was a couple of months, which indicates how much of this type of work his organization does. Once in, the actual appointments for the operations were very reasonable, and the waits at the office were prompt. The staff was courteous and very personable. Dr. Medford was great. He explained everything that was going to happen, and how the process worked; he really took all the time I needed and explained everything in layman's terms. The operations went smoothly and the results were exactly as described - in my terms, the results were life changing. For the first time since I was 12 years old (53 years ago) I could see distance without glasses! I do need reading glasses (needed bifocals before) and again, Dr. Medford's recommendation for transitional lenses worked out perfectly. Using the computer is better than ever, sight wise. I would recommend him to friends and relatives in a heartbeat (already have).

June 19th, 2016
Our good experience with Dr. Medford
My husband and I are still amazed at how easy our cataract surgeries were - easy on a number of levels: no apprehension, no pain and smooth recoveries. Our doctor - David Medford - did an outstanding job on us. HIs staff is more than able and the Ridgedale Surgery Center was professional and kind. Our recoveries were rapid with no downtime and the improvement in our vision is remarkable.