Dr. David Medford MD Patient Reviews

4.8

• Good
  • Bad

June 25th, 2017
Thanks or successful cataract surgery
From the moment I first started visiting Dr. Medford's office in West Orange, I have never been disappointed. The staff is professional yet friendly. Dr. Medford did not authorize my cataract surgery until the cataracts were "ripe". The surgery itself went very well. The staff at the surgical center was also great. I was made to feel comfortable every step of the way. I had some feat prior to the first surgery, but they did everything to keep me calm.I know that both the staff and Dr. Medford perform these surgeries on a routine basis, but I was made to feel special.. No post-op problems. Now I am glasses/contact lens free after over sixty years of these "devices."

June 4th, 2017
Dr. Medford successfully removed cataracts from both my eyes. The Doctor put me at ease by thoroughly explaining every phase of the procedure. In addition his staff is thoughtful and courteous. I would highly recommend.

April 18th, 2017
Exceeded all expectations
The thought of any possibility of losing my vision due to my need for cataract surgery in both eyes was very scary. Dr. Medford quickly demonstrated that he completely understood and alleviated my concerns by patiently explaining the entire process so there were no surprises. The surgery was completed successfully and my vision is excellent. His follow up was thorough. His entire staff, including those at the surgical center, were most competent and supportive. I highly recommend Dr. Medford.

December 30th, 2016
Any surgery is frightning; eye surgery is terrifying! After researching local surgeons as to education, expertiise and patient satisfaction, Dr. Medford was at the top of the list. Not surprisingly, he was also recommented by my family opthamologist, Dr. J. Fructman. During my initial consultation with Dr. Medford, he thoroughly explained my options and the procedures associated with the eye surgery to remove cateracts in both eyes and implants and...completely allayed my fears. His post op instructions were clear and simple and follow-up, timely. The difference in my sight is amazing. Thank you Dr. Medford!

December 19th, 2016
Happy to receive eye care from such an excellent doctor!
I have been treated for glaucoma by Dr. Medford for several years now & he consistently answers questions, and provides information about my condition and my eye care. Recently I had the opportunity to receive a second opinion for my eye care from the doctors at Wills' Eye Hospital in Pennsylvania. When the doctor completed his tests, examination, and review of my medications, the doctor from Wills' Eye told me he wouldn't do anything different with treatment of my eye care. He told me Dr. Medford was taking excellent care of my eyes and that I was in good hands! Thank you Dr. Medford!! In addition, the second doctor was immediately impressed to learn of the testing, patient education, and proactive treatment provided by Dr. Medford. I would not see anyone else for my eye care and I am so grateful!

December 11th, 2016
Dr. Medford has been my opthamologist for over thirty years. I have received great service from him. Up until recently, I've never needed any surgery. Very recently I was diagnosed with cataracts which eventually needed to be removed.. I was well treated at the surgical center and Dr. Medford's surgical skills are great. I now see clearer than I've ever seen. He implanted a lens in each of my eyes on two separate surgeries and the recovery was very fast and good. His staff has always acted and treated me with the utmost professionalisim. My husband and two of my three children are also patients for many years.

December 9th, 2016
Primary Care Physician
I have been a patient and colleague of Dr. Medford for over 20 years. As patient I have been impressed by the friendly environment and courteous and knowledgeable staff. Dr. Medford performed refractive surgery on me around 1997. The results were outstanding. I still do not wear glasses for distance As a colleague, I know that Dr. Medford is well respected by his peers for his surgical skills. I have referred hundreds of my patients to Dr. Medford and have never had anything but positive feedback.. I would have to say that Dr. Medford and his staff are truly excellent providers.

December 9th, 2016
I had a very pleasant from start to finish, from the initial consultation to my post-operative care. I would definitely recommend Dr. Medford.

November 11th, 2016
Dr. Medford
Great doctor! He performed cataract surgery on both eyes. Best vision I've ever had. He's very professional and patient! Answered all my questions and calmed my nerves.

November 9th, 2016
Dr Medford is not only professional he understands my concerns and was able to alleviate those concerns and make the me comfortable with the path we took. The results were better then I hoped for

October 20th, 2016
Physician
Dr. Medford has performed surgery on my 2 cataracts. I have had a wonderful response, and am grateful for the marvelous vision I now have. I am a Physician, and especially appreciate the excellence of Dr. Medford. He has a fine staff, It is always pleasant to go to his office. Thank you, Dr. Medford

September 24th, 2016
Two thumbs up for Dr. Medford and his staff
I know, it's your eyes. I was, like most people, very apprehensive about anybody poking around in my eyes. But my cataracts were starting to interfere with my day to day activities and I finally realized I had to do something about it. When I first saw Dr. Medford he immediately put me at ease. I admitted that I was very squeamish about my eyes, and his reply was "well, luckily, I'm not!" He went on to explain to me exactly what the procedure involved, and the benefits of the Femto laser (which I opted for). The results were more than I could have hoped for. The lens for one eye was for distance, and the lens for my second eye was for reading (tuned to about arms length). Now, for the most part, don't wear any glasses. I can do computer work, read the newspaper, my cell phone, etc. The exception is when I need to read very, very small print, at which point I can put on some glasses. Good news is that I don't need the glasses very often, but when I do, I can read print that I couldn't read with my glasses before! The only way to describe it is that it's "crystal clear". I'm so happy that I finally got the courage to get this done. After the procedure I realized it really was no big deal. I didn't feel anything during the procedure, and Dr. Medford and all the folks at the Ridgedale Surgery Center were caring, friendly, and made my short stay very comfortable. Dr. Medford's office staff were, likewise, friendly and easy to work with. Kelli, the surgical coordinator, was exceptional in helping me get a surgery date that would fit into my hectic schedule. I would enthusiastically recommend Dr. Medford to anybody who needs eye care.