Dr. David Torchiana Is this you?

Daughter and health care proxy of critically ill father

Posted on June 28th, 2014

My father was in desperate need to get into MGH. He was already at a hospital but not receiving proper care. As his daughter and health care proxy I could not get him into MGH because he was on a breathing machine and the physician to physician transfer was not happening because of the physician where my father was currently located and there were no openings or other doctors to accept my father at other hospitals. Out of pure desperation I called Dr. David Torchiana. I left him a message, around 3pm about my frustrating situation. The very next morning a physician from MGH called me and helped to get my father transferred to MGH where I wished him to be. My father was transferred, breathing machine and critically ill that same day! I cannot even begin to thank Dr. Torchiana but my father, my family and I will be forever grateful. We need more people like Dr Torchiana in this world. He saved my Father's life!!!!!! Thank you so much Dr Torchiana and MGH.

Posted on November 27th, 2014