Dr. David Van Thiel Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. David Van Thiel?

So rude

Posted on May 13th, 2017

Dr van thiel is an amazing Doctor. The downfall to his practice is his secretary. She is rude, unprofessional, unorganized and downright nasty during every conversation . It makes it impossible to get the great care that dr van thiel can provide. Such a shame because it lead me to stop seeing him. If I could rate his staff as a zero I would.

for the reviewer " feeling a little bit scared"

Posted on October 21st, 2016

When reading "a little bit scared," I too had an endoscopy with rubber bands placed in my esophagus by this doctor. Do not go to this doctor for this procedure! You wake up in so much pain, your throat is scraped up in the back, it last for a week. You can hardly eat or swallow. This happened a few times with me. He is rough and shakes. I go to another doctor now. I am on different meds and my liver is back to normal. I have had two more of these procedures on my esophagus with another doctor. I wake up in no pain, and it was a breeze. No wonder you were scared, you had every right to be. How do you like the receptionist? What she said to me I will never forget. I told him and he had no comment.

His patient in 2000

Posted on September 22nd, 2016

He was part of a team that saved my life at Loyola medical center may wood il ...I was transplanted in 2006. Thanks to all who were part of that team.

Don't go here

Posted on July 22nd, 2016

This is a crooked Doctor. I still owe lots of money and never got diagnosis. The front desk woman is extremely rude. I waited 5 hours and had unnecessary surgery. Con man

A little bit Scared.....

Posted on March 26th, 2016

I had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy done by Dr. Van Thiel. I was completely trusting of his knowledge, and he seems to pay close attention to everything that Is going on with me. During my colonoscopy and endoscopy, I needed approximately 10 rubber bands put in my esophagus. When I woke up I was in a lot of pain. It was horrible, I kind of just wish I would have had the opportunity of a 2nd opinion. I will still continue to see this Doctor, but prior to any other procedures I will make sure to get a 2nd opinion. I do not feel that he did me wrong, I just feel like it should have been discussed prior to doing the additional surgery. I am still in a lot of pain, so possibly I just feel upset about that....

Cannot get medical records

Posted on December 14th, 2015

I have asked for my medical records to be sent to my new hepatologist multiple times with no success. Apparently Ms George ( Dr Van Thiel's assistant) does not feel that she needs to comply with the law. Many former patients have experienced this same mistreatment.

Best Doctor I've ever had the pleasure to place my life in

Posted on April 12th, 2015

I would recommend this doctor highly.

wife of Bob Lirot

Posted on April 7th, 2015

Dr. Van Thiel is the best. God worked through him to heal my husband, Bob, of Hep C. They said it was a miracle. That's what we prayed for. Thank you!

Posted on March 7th, 2015

came to see my son when he was diagnosed hepatic peliosis a very rare liver disease.

May 2014 update

Posted on June 10th, 2014

I too was his patient in 2002 & agree his bedside manner is harsh. He does know his field & s involved with new treatment. I am a non-responder thrice over the years. My PCP just referred me to him @ Rush. He also practices in Milwaukee, WI. I am hesitant about going back as the various cocktails of meds made me sicklier...

Very unprofessional receptionist

Posted on August 11th, 2013

Dr VanThiel's receptionist is his wife who talks on the phone loudly, uses the patient's name and problem and violates HIPPA every time I am in there. She is also very rude and extremely unprofessional .

PATIENT

Posted on July 12th, 2013

REALLY... your complaining about a dingy office and a loud receptionist? That seems so incidental when it comes to the knowledge of the Dr. himself. I have gone to Dr. Van Thiel for many, many years. I recently went to the Dr. who took his place at rush. I have seen this new Dr. 2 times and each time he never once checked any part of me. He read a computer and told me the results of various tests--shook my hand and told me he would see me in a couple of months. I am looking forward to meeting with Dr. Van Thiel again, I really don't care that he isn't the most out going person, or that his office is dingy--he saved my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!