Internist, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

Life Saver show details Life Saver
by Upset Mom on Jun 17th, 2015

My 13 year old son was suffering from intense 24/7 nerve pain in his foot. The pain became so bad that he was unable to walk. We went from doctor to doctor for months until we were recommended to Dr. Younger. He agreed to see us immediately. He did testing and sent us to all the right doctors. My son is now almost pain-free and has resumed a normal active life. Had it not been for Dr. Younger, I dont know where we would be today!!! Thank you Dr. Younger for going above and beyond!!

May 26th, 2015

Misdiagnosed. Told us my child should see a psychiatrist when the proper diagnosis was Lyme. Would not have been upset as most doctors misdiagnose Lyme except for the fact that Dr Younger stated he was a Lyme treated Lyme and this was not Lyme. My child got better once we saw another doctor who diagnosed correctly and treated with 2 months of IV Rocephin.

Tremendous show details Tremendous
May 25th, 2015

We had a great experience in this doctors office. He is authentic and caring as are his workers.

May 16th, 2015

They helped us with our daughter who had an incurable problem.

Would Not See This Doctor Again show details Would Not See This Doctor Again
by Bad Experience on May 5th, 2015

I didn't have a good experience with Dr. Younger. He charges obscene amounts of money for tests that he does in his office, which ultimately do not tell you much. Insurance will not cover these costs because they are done in his office. He really didn't have much to say aside from recommending me IVIG, and that seemed to be the only thing he knew about. If you have a neuromuscular condition, lymes disease, or any other serious neurological condition- I would not recommend this doctor.

Wow show details Wow
by Wowed on May 2nd, 2015

This doctor is the top of the best in NYC!

Apr 25th, 2015

We brought our elderly grandmother to see Dr. Younger. So many doctors had written her off as demented and unsalvageable. Well he found that she had a strange case of Lyme disease dating back almost 2 decades that was never treated. He engaged us with another physician, an infectious disease expert who prescribed the antibiotics she needed. He arranged for psychological help and physical therapy and she is now back with us hugging her grandchildren. I feel so bad for others who march through life carrying a grudge on their shoulders because they feel that they have been harmed by a doctor. Shame on you.

Stay away show details Stay away
Apr 23rd, 2015

My child had Lyme and Dr Younger after $10,000 in testing told us his debilitating ailment was in his head and had to see a psychiatrist. Sat there and said he knew Lyme and my child did not have Lyme. He had Lyme and after being treated for it was brought back to health. Stay away.

Mar 13th, 2015

A rare breed of caring physicians.

Life-changing show details Life-changing
Mar 11th, 2015

I was extremely fortunate to receive a referral to see Dr. Younger for a neurological condition. He accurately diagnosed me with CIDP and has helped me make a dramatic recovery. He's not only extremely knowledgeable but is deeply committed to making sure his patients receive the best care possible. I live out of state but travel to see Dr. Younger. His office seamlessly coordinates care with my local physicians, insurance company, and home health care service.

Without a flinch show details Without a flinch
by Andrew on Feb 28th, 2015

This doctor operated on our son performing a muscle biopsy that was done with precision and care.

Here for good! show details Here for good!
by Leonard K. on Feb 27th, 2015

Dr. Younger provided my son with a second chance at sight and we will be forever grateful for that.

The Doctor and His Office show details The Doctor and His Office
by Sue on Feb 18th, 2015

This is an exceptional practicioner in all respects including humility. His office staff are simply wonderful and courteous.

Dr.Younger show details Dr.Younger
by Steve on Feb 14th, 2015

Unbelievably well-organized office. Staff is exceptionally helpful.

Jan 28th, 2015

Experienced, thoughtful, kind and helpful. Willing to explain in detail both diagnosis and treatment.

Neuropathic pain can be bad show details Neuropathic pain can be bad
Jan 24th, 2015

A doctor at the HSS referred my daughter to Dr. Younger's office with a problem of intractable pain. She has been diagnose with a regional pain syndrome in her foot. Dr. Younger luckily found that there was a neuropathy based on doing a skin biopsy for nerve fiber analysis sent up to Columbia underlying it and started a series of pain creams and pills directly his attention to the nerves. So far there has been a small difference in the right direction but just enough to make her problem tolerable. She is back at school and hanging in there.

A dear patient named Sam show details A dear patient named Sam
Jan 23rd, 2015

I saw this doctor because as a patient of a local Lenox Hill doctor, Dr. Younger was named as the physician of choice for my problem of neuropathy. I have not been disappointed.

Pleased to have the excellent care we received show details Pleased to have the excellent care we received
by Frank M. on Jan 19th, 2015

We brought our son to Dr. Younger and found his office and staff to be exemplary in every way.

Jan 16th, 2015

We have been searching for a neurologist like this for our 15 year old daughter for over a year. A gem! This is the way healthcare should be but you rarely see it anymore: efficient, compassionate, considerate and knowledgeable! Dr. Younger accomplished more for my daughter in a couple of days than had been accomplished in a year by over 10 neurologists consulted on her case! We are grateful, relieved and optimistic about her future now. There is nothing worse than having a sick child that you are watching deteriorate with no help in sight.....Dr. Younger gave us hope back. The office staff is wonderful and helpful as well. He and his staff gave us personable attention and care and made everything so simple.They go out of their way to be accommodating and helpful! We were concerned prior to the appointment about navigating a wheel chair dependent, paralyzed child in NYC but it was surprisingly easy. Refreshing!!

Wow show details Wow
Jan 14th, 2015

Dr Younger saw our daughter who complained of severe body pain due to small fiber neuropathy and paralysis. She is now back at school and thriving.

Glad to be counted show details Glad to be counted
Jan 10th, 2015

Dr. Younger's office is the pinnacle of smooth efficiency. ,

Not the last to love them! show details Not the last to love them!
Jan 10th, 2015

This physician is a highly respected and knowledgable person. He looked at my back pain like no other did and corrected my problem so that it never came back.

In pain no more show details In pain no more
Jan 7th, 2015

Dr. Younger is an expert in neuropathic pain. He treated my son and he is back at school and thriving.

Great show details Great
Jan 6th, 2015

Its great to be in a hands of a sincere and ethically upright physician.

Urging on with them. show details Urging on with them.
Jan 6th, 2015

I have ultimate faith in this office and trust them implicitly.

Glad to be there show details Glad to be there
Jan 5th, 2015

I saw Dr. Younger because of a back problem and he spotted the problem right away and initiated the correct and restorative therapy for which I will be eternally grateful.

Thrilled show details Thrilled
by Entitled to the best on Jan 3rd, 2015

I have been a patient of this office for about 5 years. I have always found them to be pleasant, helping, considerate of my needs, and equitable with fees. Their manner has always been appropriate to the gravity of my problem.

Amazed show details Amazed
Jan 2nd, 2015

This office is very ingratiating and holistic. Dr. Younger assures the professionalism of it at all times.

Amazed show details Amazed
Dec 29th, 2014

Dr. Younger understood my disease when no one else could and masterminded my care, integrating the input of many other doctors who could or would not work together. Wow!

excited to review show details excited to review
Dec 28th, 2014

The best features of this doctor's office are the attentiveness to detail, humanitarirn aspects, ease of access and reception.

I live abroad show details I live abroad
Dec 26th, 2014

I was sent to Dr. Younger from my home country of the United Kingdom. Dr. Younger is an expert in vasculitis and author of a new book, The Vasculitides that is coming out at the 17th annual ANCA conference in London, published by Nova Science. What a coup for me!

Eternally grateful show details Eternally grateful
Dec 26th, 2014

I am a great admirer of Dr. Younger and his staff. They saved my life when no one would believe my complaints were real. I was treated efficiently and respectfully.

Glad to participate show details Glad to participate
Dec 26th, 2014

I have only the most glowing recall of my appointment in this office.

Your health is a big issue show details Your health is a big issue
Dec 24th, 2014

Think about it, your health is your biggest and best asset. Entrust it to this doctor's office.

Enchanted by their office show details Enchanted by their office
Dec 24th, 2014

It is good to once and a while revel in your doctor's care and concern. Such is my delight in Dr. Younger and his wonderful office.

Peter show details Peter
Dec 24th, 2014

Just came back from Dr. Younger's office. Even on the holiday's there is a sense of calm and serenity. Hope for us all for good health in the future.

Pleased to review show details Pleased to review
Dec 22nd, 2014

This is an outstanding office with holiday cheer.

Glad to participate in a survey show details Glad to participate in a survey
Dec 22nd, 2014

I am quite content with Dr. Younger's care these past several years. I have much to thank him for including my health, return to my normal energy, and the great outlook I have on life.

Confident in his care show details Confident in his care
Dec 22nd, 2014

Dr. Younger who recently obtained a Master degree in public health from NYU Global Institute, helped me to lose weight, change my diet, and exercise. I feel much better now than when I first sought his help.

Thrilled to be able to post a rating show details Thrilled to be able to post a rating
Dec 22nd, 2014

I saw Dr. Younger through the recommendation of an internist at NYU Medical Center. Let me just say that his office is fantastic and very empathetic.

An impressed patient show details An impressed patient
by Kim on Dec 20th, 2014

Dr. Younger has marvelous office staff, one is an aspiring physician herself and the other is a public health graduate. I can see that Dr. Younger inspires his staff to greatness as he does himself!

Enthralled show details Enthralled
Dec 19th, 2014

Dr. Younger saved my life when I presented to his office with complaints that were minimized by my internist and other neurologists but proved to be very life-threatening. The problem was diagnosed easily and treatment was successful. Three cheers for this physician!

Exceptional office and doctor show details Exceptional office and doctor
by David on Dec 17th, 2014

I came to Dr. Younger several years ago with an undiagnosed problem referred from my internist, Dr. Stuart Orsher. I thought of Dr. Younger recently when I gave someone else his name as the guru in neuropathy. G-d bless him and his office which does so much for people.

We are so grateful to Dr. Younger! show details We are so grateful to Dr. Younger!
by Vanessa Noya on Dec 17th, 2014

Dr. Younger agreed to see my son for a first-time examination and neurological tests the same day our other Lyme disease specialist requested the appointment. We were amazed and grateful, since we were visiting from Texas for a medical consultation in New Haven before our appointment in NYC with Dr. Younger. During the appointment he took the time to explain the tests and their results and answered all our questions. We can't thank him enough for seeing us on such short notice and for providing his invaluable expertise.

Entirely satisfied. show details Entirely satisfied.
Dec 15th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Younger from Stuart Orsher who I understand sends many other patients to this doctor because of his relentless ability to diagnose the most difficult neurological problems. Bravo for them!

Exceptional doctor show details Exceptional doctor
Dec 13th, 2014

Dr. Stuart Orsher, an upper-east side internist in New York City sent me to Dr. Younger and I will be forever grateful to him for that referral. The doctor diagnosed my problem, and unlike the first neurologist to see me, Steven Mandel, Dr. Younger chose a few simple well-performed studies and came up with the right diagnosis and treatment.

Unbelievable show details Unbelievable
Dec 12th, 2014

Stuart Orsher MD, a preeminent internist in NYC sends many of his patients to this doc and I can see why, he is sensible, caring and accurate in his diagnosis.

Unbelievable show details Unbelievable
by Jennifer on Dec 12th, 2014

I was sent to Dr. Younger by Ken Langone himself of New York University Langone Medical Center. What a coup to be under Dr. Younger’s care.

Best neurologist! show details Best neurologist!
Dec 12th, 2014

I visited dozens of physicians in three different states over a number of years, and I never received an accurate diagnosis until I met with Dr. Younger. He is thorough, respectful, and caring, and his diagnostic skills are outstanding. My quality of life has improved dramatically as a result of his medical care. Without reservation, I give Dr. Younger my highest recommendation!

Pleased to be a patient of Dr. Younger show details Pleased to be a patient of Dr. Younger
by Victor on Dec 8th, 2014

I have been to this doctor’s office for about a dozen times and each time I go there I have the same dependable experience as the last time. There is respectful, prompt, and ingratiating service and attention to every one of my needs. I have seen a cadre of neurologists for my problem and esteem the care of Dr. Younger.

Caring, experienced and knowledgable show details Caring, experienced and knowledgable
by Marshall Brickman on Dec 6th, 2014

David Younger's specialty is Neurology but his interest and expertise extends to the whole patient which makes him a brilliant diagnostitian. He is thorough, considerate and sympathetic. He has helped me maintain a high quality of life well into my 70 s beyond my capacity to repay him.

Very satisfied patient show details Very satisfied patient
Dec 6th, 2014

There is so much to describe about Dr. Younger and his office. The amazing aura of his office and staff. The genuine sense of care and commitment to finding out the answer to your problem. Encapsulating it in detailed reports and conversation. Finally, treatment that genuinely works.

by Michael B on Dec 5th, 2014

Dr. Younger has been a great for me. When other doctor's disregarded my issues / were not qualified to diagnosis my issues, he took the time to investigate and understand. He is very proactive in knocking down barriers when other entities are not as responsive. Having Dr. Younger on "my team" gives me confidence on my path to health.

Dec 5th, 2014

Most certainly would refer Dr. Younger to a family member/friend he is an exceptional Physician & very very knowledgeable

Here for him show details Here for him
Dec 4th, 2014

I am a dedicated supporter of this doctor who has been present for us when he was needed and never a flaw.

Relieved to be here! show details Relieved to be here!
Dec 4th, 2014

How can I put into words the feelings I have for Dr. David Younger’s office and staff. They are always accommodating and super caring in their manner. It epitomizes what doctors should strive to be and are often not so. What’s more, he adjusted his fee for me understanding that I did not have the resources to pay for my visit.

Incredible! show details Incredible!
Dec 4th, 2014

I saw Dr. Younger at the suggestion of Dr. Steven Mandel and Dr. Stuart Orsher, two doctors at Lenox Hill Hospital, New York. They were stumped at my condition and felt I should see a super-specialist, hence Dr. Younger. Over several visits he know just what I needed and prescribed my therapy. I am now back to school and enjoying my life.

3 years of suffering cured show details 3 years of suffering cured
Dec 3rd, 2014

Great experience. I high recommend.

Dec 3rd, 2014

I am astonished at the state of medicine and how impersonal it now is however Dr. Younger makes the exception to this rule and is in fact very approachable and also competent.

Satisfied beyond belief show details Satisfied beyond belief
Dec 3rd, 2014

What a wonderful clinician and doctor's office!

by Laurie R on Dec 2nd, 2014

Dedicated, Thorough, Caring, Very Helpful

Very tolerant show details Very tolerant
Dec 2nd, 2014

I know this may sound like a solicitation but you can’t imagine the comfort it gave me to know that I didn’t have to battle the rude Upper East Side or First Avenue traffic to see this wonderful doctor. He is conveniently located at the corner of 34th street and 1st Avenue. I came to his office by subway and bus and didn’t blink an eye. I could have driven and parked in a nearby garage but decided against it this time, perhaps on the next visit. There was virtually no wait in his office even though it was very busy and bubbling. The girls, Kyra and Megan were busy contacting patients to see how they were doing. They processed my paperwork after the visit promptly and efficiently and ended with a smile! I will go back again in a couple of month or sooner if I have a relapse in my condition. But for now I feel confident that I am on the right track under this wonderful doctors care.

Looking no more show details Looking no more
Dec 1st, 2014

Dr. Younger is the “go-to physician” for people with autonomic disorders such as orthostatic intolerance. We experience symptoms like lightheadedness and palpitation. I am so pleased that he diagnosed my condition and gave me the right medicine. I was referred by Dr. Richard Horowitz, a Lyme disease specialist and I am forever grateful he sent me to this wonderful doctor.

Exceptional patient show details Exceptional patient
Dec 1st, 2014

I was referred by a general doctor at NYU Langone for headaches and found to have a brain hemorrhage. Others had missed it and I am forever grateful to Dr. Younger for spotting it by doing a simple MRI of the head.

Dr. Younger, gentleman and scholar show details Dr. Younger, gentleman and scholar
by Marie A. on Dec 1st, 2014

As a patient with myasthenia gravis since early adulthood, I have seen many neurologiests. Only Dr. Yournger was able to give me a life I could manage with his knowledgeable, careful, attentive treatment. I am functional with framily, in work and socially because of this splendid physician.

Incredibly satisfied show details Incredibly satisfied
by Dan on Dec 1st, 2014

My headaches were treated effectively by Dr. Younger when no one else seemed to be able to do that for me. I am very thankful for his careful guidance and oversight.

by Peter on Dec 1st, 2014

My daughter had a brain tumor and we did not know it since none of the other doctors would order an MRI thinking she was faking her symptoms to get out of school. However Dr. Younger took her on and ordered the appropriate studies and it was successfully removed and she is now 100% back with us for the holidays!

Nov 30th, 2014

This physician is a wonderful clinician and expert diagnostician. I cannot begin to describe our positive feelings about our experience.

Very satisfied show details Very satisfied
by dan on Nov 30th, 2014

Superlative physician and office. Highly recommend to all.

by Better off going to another doctor on Nov 17th, 2014

Staff is great, wish I could say the same about Dr. Younger. I needed an MRI and Dr. Younger agreed that I needed this MRI, however he objected to writing me a script for the procedure UNLESS it was done at his choice of facility. I agreed, however my internist wanted it done at another respected New York facility and he simply would not do it. Even though Younger's office easily got the approval for the MRI, my internist had to jump through hoops to get it approved all over again because neurology isn her specialty. Why would a doctor withhold an important test from his patient simply because it wasn't done where he wanted it, especially considering the alternative facility is held in a higher regard. Under no circumstance would I recommend this doctor.

Confident under his care show details Confident under his care
Oct 25th, 2014

I feel confident under Dr. Younger's care that he will manage my problem and help me through difficult times. Although he doesn't take insurance, his expertise and staff make it well worth it.

Proud to comment show details Proud to comment
by Hard to Please on Sep 20th, 2014

I am deeply impressed by the professionalism of Dr. Younger's office including his staff. I am distressed however to read the comments of some past clients who appear to have had negative encounters, many of whom I suspect had deep emotional problems and long-standing grievances with the medical profession.

Better for good show details Better for good
by Rita on Sep 19th, 2014

Dr. Younger is a very extensively published physician at NYU School of Medicine. Those with wacky diseases that have a primarily emotional basis might be better referred to a psychiatrist. Those with bona fide neurological disease should feel comforted and safe in knowing they are in great hands!

He saved my life show details He saved my life
by Endeared patient on Jun 25th, 2014

Dr. Younger is a caring and insightful neurologist.

Great doctor! show details Great doctor!
Jun 24th, 2014

I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Younger. I suffered from a head injury caused by a car accident in Fall 2013 and as a result of it, I was suffering from various symptoms of memory loss, headaches and vision problems. Dr. Younger was able to evaluate me and order all necessary tests and scans within the same day. He also helped coordinate and schedule treatment and therapies which have improved my symptoms significantly. He is a very kind and caring person with an abundance of knowledge in his field and I would recommend him to anyone else seeking neurological treatment.

Totally satisfied. show details Totally satisfied.
Jan 15th, 2012

Dr. Younger is god-sent. He diagnosed my medical problem and helped me to recover speedily.

Appreciated show details Appreciated
Jun 7th, 2011

Superior physician.

David S. Younger MD PC show details David S. Younger MD PC
Nov 27th, 2010

Dr. Younger saved my life. Other doctors disbelieved my illness due to Lyme disease yet Dr. Younger believed in me and treated me back to normal!

Jul 11th, 2010

This doctor helped me alot.