Internists, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile
Upper East Side
715 Park Ave
New York, NY 10021
212-535-4314
Locations and availability (2)

1.5

• Currently 1.7254901960784 of 4 stars
 |  He saved my life  |  show details
by Endeared patient on Jun 25th, 2014

Dr. Younger is a caring and insightful neurologist.

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2014

I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Younger. I suffered from a head injury caused by a car accident in Fall 2013 and as a result of it, I was suffering from various symptoms of memory loss, headaches and vision problems. Dr. Younger was able to evaluate me and order all necessary tests and scans within the same day. He also helped coordinate and schedule treatment and therapies which have improved my symptoms significantly. He is a very kind and caring person with an abundance of knowledge in his field and I would recommend him to anyone else seeking neurological treatment.

|  Stay away  |  show details
May 22nd, 2014

Lyme patients should stay away from this swindler. Many NY doctors grimace and roll their eyes when they hear his name. He is uncaring, cold and vindictive. His medical opinions and tests cannot be trusted - he just wants your money.

|  Charming  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2014

Dr. Younger is a very charming psychopath.

|  LYME DISEASE PATIENTS BEWARE!  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2014

Dr Younger is corrupt and is widely despised by other doctors in NY. He scares patients so that he can swindle as much money as he can from them. He charges cash for tests that are easily covered by insurance. If he does send you for an MRI or other scan at a facility outside his office, he demands you get the test done only where he wants $$$. He uses scary language that frightens Lyme patients into paying him their life savings. He forces you get unnecessary tests in his office to run up your bill, threatening to pull treatment if you don't. If you ask tough questions he gets angry very quickly. He always has free appointments even if you call the same day, because he does not seem to keep patients for very long. There are other Lyme Neurologists out there who are fabulous and not money obsessed.

|  overcharged like the others on here  |  show details
by Avoid this guy! on Dec 30th, 2013

Brutal. I'm both sickened and saddened by the same story repeating itself around tests administered in his office (he's now based out of 333 E. 34th Street], that were out of pocket at thousands apiece that could have been covered by insurance had they been done around the corner at NYU. It seems the need to pillage patients is his M.O. and patient care definitely takes a backseat to the business end of healthcare. I believe his actions that I experienced first hand and the trend going back several years on here are sufficient grounds to file a complaint with New York State and will be doing so in the New Year. I would encourage others' similarly impacted to do the same.

|  Concerned lyme patient  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2013

There is a website for research regarding lyme neuroborrelsis which lists this dr as the program director. it sites 3 different studies that he is undertaking. There seems to be no facts to the validity of this. Beware!!

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Jul 24th, 2013

incorrect diagnosis of lyme disease and urging IVIG at huge costs

|  Should have license revoked  |  show details
by P.D. on Jun 16th, 2013

I keep seeing my own story repeated in these posts. I wish I found this website before wasting so much time and money with this greedy charlatan.

by disappointed patient on Mar 16th, 2013

very unhappy man just interested in money---cash,,

|  RUDE INCONSIDERATE MONEY GRUBBING STUPID MAN  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2012

HE IS A SELFISH NON CARING MAN,,,

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Nov 20th, 2012

Dr. Younger seems motivated by money instead of patient care. He does not return phone calls promptly; he is distracted during office visits (takes other phone calls, opens mail); and he does not take any insurance. He tests are not reliable -- patients should consider having EMG testing at another facility for comparison purposes. Dr. Younger tests more frequently than recommended and charges for everything, including writing a summary of a patient's condition for insurance or other doctors. I think he was once a good doctor who has been corrupted by money. Patients beware!

Aug 9th, 2012

This guy needs to have his license taken away. I, like many others, was almost taken by his scare tactics. Spent over $5000for a test in his own office that he just happened to have a cancelation, so I could get the needed test the next day!! Then he tried to scare me that I had cancer.... When he realized I was on to him, he did not want to have anything to do with me. Would like to take a group action against him... This guy is a crook!!!

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  Worst doctor in nyc  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2012

Dr Younger gave me a diagnosis (incorrect) of a terminal illness. He told me that I had 6 weeks to live! He totally upset our entire familyAnd , thank goodness, I was able to find a reputable neurologist whoSaid that his diagnosis was totally inaccurate and that I would have a full life expendancy.

|  Waste of money  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2012

You guys got off cheap! I spent $70,000 and never got proper treatment. Treated me for Lyme ds for over a year even though my blood tests and spinal tap were negative. BTY. He only tested for Lyme ds in spinal tap ( would have been nice if he had sent it to a general pathologist, I could have been treated for what I had two years earlier. skin biopsies are also not fully checked for diseases. Beware of any Dr. That does his own testing and procedures in hospitals that they don,t work in. All the best to anyone who is reading this. Be well.

|  THE CROOK WAS FIRED FROM COLUMBIA  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2012

I wrote a comment in 2009 and see that so many people were taken advantage of just like I was- same story- all these ridiculous unnecessary tests- The EMG tests (my favorite) that made no sense for my symptom, which was light headedness,his not listening and reading (probably emails) from his computer, his taking advantage of people who are looking for a diagnosis or treatment. He also told me after getting my MRI results that I had a brain tumor. Then he told me that it was nothing, and that I was probably born with it. This guy never took psych 101. The only thing he offered me was lyme disease medication, which was insane, and an infectious disease specialist said the only thing I was getting was probably a stomach ache from antibiotics and that I did not have lyme disease. The leader of his possee is Dr. Stuart Orsher, who I believe is the worst doctor in America, although NY Magazine begs to differ. He is the one who would shuttle me off to Dr. Younger and send me to all these different doctors. After spending thousands of dollars out of pocket, I cured myself with an antivan pill. I found that by taking ativan or valium or klonapin at night, the dizziness disappeared- total cost- $5 per bottle. My current wonderful neurologist at Columbia Presbyterian told me that he had been fired from Columbia. STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN!!

|  Thief!!!  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2012

I truly think that given what I went through mentally and especially monetarily, anything that is written here that promotes Younger and or gives him high praise must have been written by himself!!! I've had three others who are well respected doctors in NYC who have said to me that he has found quite the cottage industry and or niche...these are other doctors, one of whom is a very well known and respected neurologist!!! This guy took me for about $8,000 for tests that could have easily been done around the corner at NYU so that my insurance would have covered...but he does these tests in his office...some of which I have since found are anything but accurate. He may at one point have been a good doctor, but he has lost his way by the smell of money.

|  DR DOOM  |  show details
May 22nd, 2012

LOOKING FOR MONEY MONEY MONEY

|  Mixed opinions  |  show details
May 7th, 2012

Dr Younger used to be great, caring and competent doctor, but as the other reviews read, he became money hungry, moved into an ostentatious office and changed. It's really unfortunate, as he used to be a great doctor and provided me lots of relief.

Mar 12th, 2012

This doctor should have his license taken away. He uses scare tactics to get you to take very expensive tests done at his own office- of course accepts no insurance. I was so upset and scaredthat I had something terribly wrong based on his comments during my visit. I.e. " well, you never know, it could be cancer" he said. Of course, I took the $5000 test in his office, which he just so happened to have an open time as someone had "cancelled".Once he knew I was on to him, he wanted nothing to do with me.

|  TRICKSTER  |  show details
Feb 15th, 2012

VERY SAD STORY

|  Quack  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2012

This guy is the definition of quack. Notice how he doesn't take insurance, that's because he is trying to fly under the radar and not get caught. He makes the gullible do all kinds of tests that he profits from. He preys on the hypochondriacs and the Lyme wackos. Run don't walk

|  Totally satisfied.  |  show details
Jan 15th, 2012

Dr. Younger is god-sent. He diagnosed my medical problem and helped me to recover speedily.

|  Very satisfied  |  show details
Jan 1st, 2012

Dr. Younger is the epitome of professionalism! I doubt the veracity of a few disgruntled patients.

Dec 11th, 2011

Sadly the poor comments below are true.

|  This "doctor" is a HUGE SCAM  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2011

He lies, he is incompetent, he should not be a doctor, he is a scam. A dishonest person, stay away from him!!

|  VERY DISTRESSED  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2011

ALL THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS HAVE A SOUND BASIS BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE

|  Definetly The Bernie Madoff Of Neurology  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2011

ALL HE IS REALLY CARING ABOUT IS THE MONEY YOU WILL SHELL OUT OF YOUR POCKET AS HE DOESN'T ACCEPT INSURANCE. WANT YOUR MEDICATION REFILLED EVERY 3 MONTHS, THEN YOU NEED TO SPEND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON UNNECESSARY TESTING PRIOR FOR EXAMPLE A $1000 EMG & $1200 SKIN BIOPSY, ETC. NEED PRIOR AUTHORIZATION FOR YOUR MEDICATION THEN YOU NEED UNNECESSARY TESTING FOR HIM TO FILL OUT THE PAPERWORK ANOTHER $2800. I FINALLY LEFT AS I COULD SEE HE WAS USING SCARE TACTICS. MY CURRENT DOCTOR ACCEPTS MY INSURANCE, HAS ALWAYS GIVEN ME REFILLS WITHOUT TESTING AND THE INSURANCE HAS NEVER ASKED TO SEE TESTING RESULT TO GET THE PRIOR AUTHORIZATION FOR MY MED. DON'T WALK, RUN RUN AWAY! HE DEFINITELY SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED AND HIS LOVELY HOUSE IN SCARSDALE SHOULD GO INTO FORECLOSURE AND THE MONEY FROM THE SALE SHOULD GO TO HIS PREVIOUS PATIENTS WHO GOT SCAMMED!!

|  bad bad  |  show details
Sep 3rd, 2011

the overally self centered selfish spoiled man

|  arrogant selfish money sucker  |  show details
by disappointed patient on Aug 9th, 2011

this man has only one need---money ,,and no feelings for a patient,,,,,demands money,,,money,,

|  medical professional/patient  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2011

It saddens me to write this. I was very symptomatic of various nervous system problems. Dr. younger ordered his usual recipe of tests; EMG ($10,000 cash), spinal tap (2,000 cash) numerous office visits (200.- 500 cash) Put on IVIG (very few side effects - limited liability for him) every 6-8 weeks another EMG (7 in all in one year). A year ago 6/10 a PET scan revealed my true DX. Dr. younger told me to throw away a RX given to me by a specialist. He said that he would take care of me. My other Dr. was not part of the "good old boys club". However, Dr Younger would not treat me until I had 3 more EMG's ($3-4,0000 each cash and on 11/10 a nerve and muscle Bx ($2,000 cash). Interestingly, none of my tests were done at NYU - A little odd considering he is a professor there. This should have been a big red flag. I am sure that NYU can do basic tests like an EMG that insurance will cover. NYU is one of the top neurological centers in the country. Anyway, At my 3rd post-op visit, he told me I needed to be seen by someone else. "He was not authorized to treat me" I guess HE did not want the liability of treating me with something that had side effects. Meanwhile, Dr. Younger's office continued to call me numerous times to come in for a F/up appoints. I saw the Dr. he recommended on 5/11, 6 os later (it was the earliest appointment avail). I still have not been offered treatment. In 1/11 I changed course and saw a number of top specialist(all took my insurance) who were stunned that I had not been treated. I was referred by them to see a specialist who treats specifically what I have. That Dr. ordered a battery of vestibular tests (all covered by insurance) and by my 2nd visit started me on IV medication - 5 Days later was was fully functional. The sad thing is that I and my family suffered; financially, emotionally, and physically unnecessarily for over a year. There are some great Dr's out there who take insurance.This is not one of them. A.G.

|  Appreciated  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2011

Superior physician.

|  The Bernie Madoff of Medicine  |  show details
May 18th, 2011

Younger should be called the Bernie Madoff of medicine, its all about the money for him. The sicker you are the more he pushes test after test and expensive treatments that do nothing. He dismisses what any other Dr has told you, and only pushes his own agenda. The OPMC should investigate this guy ASAP.The only thing easy with him is getting an appt, since I guess he doesnt have many patients...I wonder why!

|  VERY UNHAPPY PATIENT  |  show details
May 1st, 2011

HE's a MONEY MONEY GUY,,,,,

|  DISAPPOINTED PATIENT  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2011

DAVID YOUNGER IS AN UNHAPPY GREEDY OVERREACHING PERSON WHO UNFAIRLY TREATS HIS PATIENTS,,,,ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY,

|  HELPLESS DECEIVED PATIENT  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2011

DR YOUNGER IS A LYING CHEATING DISHONEST THIEF,,,,WHO TRIES TO FORCE EMG'S AND ENDLESS IVIG GAMMA GLOBULIN TREATMENTS ON HIS PATIENTS AND HE EXTORTS MONEY AND CONTRIBUTIONS FROM PATIENTS UNDER THE THREAT THAT HE WILL REFUSE TREATMENT ,,STAY AWAY FROM HIM

|  David S. Younger MD PC  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2010

Dr. Younger saved my life. Other doctors disbelieved my illness due to Lyme disease yet Dr. Younger believed in me and treated me back to normal!

|  Run  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2010

Dr younger is arrogant, disrespectful, rude UNLESS there's something to be gained for him. He put my health at risk in the name of science and fulfilling grant requirements.

|  As Long As You Have Lots Of Money  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2010

Don't get me wrong after being in a wheelchair unable to walk for 5 months Dr. Younger did different testing and got me onto a medication that took away the pain 100%. However, he doesn't accept insurance and in order for me to get my medication refilled he had me go for thousands of dollars of testing every 3 months otherwise would not renew my script.

Jul 11th, 2010

This doctor helped me alot.

|  AVOID: MONEY HUNGY, USES PANIC TACTIC & RUNS UNNESCESSARY TESTS  |  show details
by Private on Jun 22nd, 2010

This man is money hungry drama queen and took advantage of my vulnerability and used scare tactics to get me to do tests which I had already had done at reputable hospitals in NYC. He said that he did better tests in his office and that my original doctor didn't run enough tests. My other doc is tops in his field and there is a lot of info on him when you google him, there is little info on Dr. Younger when you google him besides this page and that says it all I think. Dr. Younger doesn't take insurance and I gave into his scare tactics & forked over money I didn't have for the tests (most which were already run), I had to borrow it. When I told him I didn't have the money he said "well than you are in the wrong office". He made me rush to have tests ASAP, (probably before I would find out that he has a crook reputation) I borrowed the money because I was scared and the man that ran the tests for him was rude like a drill Sargent and not professional. When I submitted the claims to my insurance for reimbursement they said they wouldn't pay the claims. When I called back his office regarding the claims not being covered she said we have this problem all the time with patients which is why we have you on the phone when we clarify your coverage. I told her that's because the problem is her crooked office tactics & fraud because how could patients have the same billing problem? What little results this man did get I had to chase him for results and when I spoke to him he made minor things like a paper cut seem like I was dying. I am still waiting on some results which I found out that he has had for a few weeks now. Odd he didn't call to tell me about them or that they didn't send them to me in the mail yet. This man had a twitch/tremor in his arm probably because he is nervous when he is taking advantage of us. He is also easy to get an appointment with & seemed to only come in to the office around my appointments which should have been a red flag to me from the start and works in his own practice because he probably is disliked by other doctors and has a crook reputation with in his field. A good Doctor and hairstylist is usually booked with appointments & worth the wait. A crook is a crook and waits for their next sucker. This man is clearly a crook and in medicine for the money.

|  garbage  |  show details
by LIllian on Mar 1st, 2010

This guy is a lying thief

|  Money Hungry  |  show details
Feb 15th, 2010

I can't say enough bad things about this guy. He does testing you don't need, and overcharges for it. If you want a second opinion, he will send you to another one of his NYC circle of doctors, and surprise surprise, they also don't accept insurance. During your visit he doesn't listen to you, he opens mail, looks at his computer, and says, "oh, oh, yeah, yeah" while standing up to push you out of his office.When you walk in the door he sees an ATM

|  former patient  |  show details
by former on Jan 26th, 2010

He put me through so much stress,and useless testing..

|  Expensive unnecessary testing  |  show details
Dec 22nd, 2009

Dr. Younger insisted that I needed EMG tests totally $10,000, for which insurance paid very little, probably because he overcharged so much. These tests seemed to have nothing to do with my symptoms, but when I wasn't feeling well, I was desperate for anything that might help. He insisted I needed a spinal tap for lyme disease, but finally called it off after I had been waiting for 5 hours ( and charged me), when blood tests indicated it was not necessary. During one consultation, he spent most of his time looking at his computer screen, and believe me, he was not looking for help for me. He never came close to diagnosing my problem, but I spent a fortune.

|  All about the cash  |  show details
by Former Patient on Oct 9th, 2009

This doctor first of all only accepts cash, and no insurance. He will expect that you keep paying him for basically everything. If you mention that you will go to another doctor for a second opinion or that you may not be able to afford all of his tests, etc, he will de-prioritize you and stop responding to emails, phone calls etc.