Dr. Dean Sutherland MD, PHD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Sarasota, FL

• Good
  • Bad

May 3rd, 2017
Exceptional communication skill and diagnostic knowledge
Contemporary knowledge and complete but conservation treatment plans

May 24th, 2016
Top notch

May 21st, 2016
Very rude office personell

October 21st, 2014
Appointment
I find it reprehensible when I call a Neurologist to set up an appointment because of dizziness, severe headaches, & hand tremors & I am told he must review my prior Neurologist's notes from my previous residence in NY. I explained to the appointment nurse that my NY visit was for Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, nothing to do with this problem & was told rudely that the doctor has to review all charts before visits.Beware, you could possible die before you get into this office. Never got to see doctor & now making another appointment.

August 22nd, 2012
Bizarre--
Called to get an appointment for my son and could only get voice machines. No actual person would ever pick up the phone or call back. Finally, I called and pressed 0 to speak to a human. She still just took a message and said someone would call me back. Naturally, no one returned the call for an appointment. My husband is a doctor so I asked him to call thinking that might help. He got the same unprofessionalism... same run around. Odd! But even odder is that I finally got a call back about a week later--she was so abrupt and rude. I about died. She said "I'm returning your call for an appointment for your son--and the doctor said "NO". I was confused and asked what she meant by "he said No!". She said "he doesn't want to see your son." Bewildered a bit I asked if there was a reason or if he was out of town or something as I'd never heard of a "he said no" with any doctor's office before. She became rather belligerent and said "doctor's have a choice in wether or not they want to accept a patient and he simply said No". What?? I have no idea what the issue was with this place? I thought perhaps he'd asked me out years before and maybe I rejected him (who knows!!)--but I really just think the office is all screwed up. The doctor's at this place need to know this, though. My husband would be furious if he thought his staff was treating his patients like this. Very BIZARRE!! It's not like there aren't many neurologists here in SRQ, but how strange!!

October 30th, 2008
good bedside manor
Makes you feel comfortable and unafraid.

April 4th, 2017