Dr. Dean Smith MD Patient Reviews

4.7

October 18th, 2016
Dr. Smith is very thorough and a very good communicator. He knows his way around in surgery and is a perfectionist! He was able to give me full use of my elbow back after 3 doctors before him couldn't. His office staff is top notch too! Always very friendly and attentive. A+ all around.

August 15th, 2016
DR Smith was my second hand surgeon on repairing fingers that were damaged on the table Saw. I was very impressed with his skill and knowledge and procedures completed to restore the use of two of my fingers. He has a good bedside manner and very informative about what to expect and explaining details. He had an excellent office staff that strives to meet all of my need and concerns. I would definitely recommend his services to anyone.

May 3rd, 2016
I am glad I found Dr. Smith
I had a bad distal radial fracture as well as broken ulnar styloid because of a fall while snowboarding. Dr. Smith performed surgery that included installation of a plate with 8 screws to hold it all together so it would heal properly. I am four months from surgery and play golf daily, lift weights, have full range of motion and have regained all my strength in my broken hand. He did and excellent job on an injury that can have really bad results if you get into the wrong hands. All the staff was great and the whole process went off smoothly. I would highly recommend Dr. Smith.

April 14th, 2016
He's an excellent doctor and has the best staff I've ever had to deal. Everyone is so friendly and courteous.

March 14th, 2016
Have been seeing Dr. Smith for over 10 years for RA complications in my hands/wrists & shoulders.He has performed 3 surgeries and many shoulder injections on me with amazing results! I could not ask for a better doctor.

February 25th, 2016
Satisfied Patient
Dr. Smith has been a superior surgeon that provided excellent care regarding my recent hand surgery. I appreciate the discussion of my surgery with my husband the day of surgery and the way he explained the procedure in detail with me. My hand is stronger and working well due to the expertise of Dr. Smith. For our family he has provided quality health care services for four members of our immediate family. He is the real deal when looking for a professional surgeon with a kind, pleasant disposition. You will appreciate his abilities as a physician and bedside manner!

September 11th, 2015
Dr. Smith was great. I had tennis elbow for about 3 months and had tried numerous OTC remedies. He gave me an injection, taught me stretches, and educated me on activities to avoid. Elbow pain is 100% relieved. Great office staff too. Nancy and Myra run the back very efficiently.

May 26th, 2015
Hand/ wrist pain
Friendliest staff and doctor, they really care about you. He provides all recommendations, asks even about your childhood to diagnose your problem. I am 90% pain free after visiting him, no surgery.

March 24th, 2015
Every time I go see Dr. Smith the staff makes you feel very special. They are very nice and caring. Today was the only time we even had to wait a little while. Normally we go right in.

March 24th, 2015
Dr. Smith is the best. He makes you feel as if you are the most important patient in his office. He is never in a hurry and no question is ever unimportant. His office staff is wonderful and has the same approach. Most importantly, he is an excellent surgeon. He performed a thumb joint replacement on my hand and surgery on the ulner nerve in my elbow. He was so encouraging during the entire rehab process. I am back playing the piano and golfing again - pain free!! I would highly recommend Dr. Smith to anyone with an upper extremity problem.

February 12th, 2015
Mrs.
My husband experienced a severe wounding of his left hand fingers....ends all cut off. He was rushed air-flight to Houston. Dr. Dean worked on his hand for hours, some fingers had to have metal rods inserted while healing, some had to be partially severed. Dr. Dean made decisions as to which fingers to save first for future use, time under anesthesia had to be considered, my husband was in his seventies. It was after 3am when Dr. Dean called me long distance to say that my husband was out of surgery and doing OK. Since that time, my husband had a stroke. Thanks to the saving of some of his fingers he can now feed himself after the stroke paralyzed his right side. It was terrific that Dr. Dean had saved my husband's hand origianlly, years later, it seemed like a miracle because my husband's stroke paralyzed his right side. That special care and knowledge Dr. Dean applied to repair his hand made it all the more special to us. Thank you Dr. Dean.

November 19th, 2014
4 stars plus for Dr Smith and his team
I was referred to Dr. Smith by Debbie, a most excellent specialized Memorial Hermann hand therapist. Dr. Smith's office is efficient and calm and friendly. During both visits, I was ushered in on time. It was a bummer that they were on time because they were running a movie in the waiting room! Cynthia is all business but friendly too. Dr. Smith has a gentle touch, great spirit and calming eye contact. The surgery was successful and my hand is a masterpiece! I highly recommend this practice - 4 stars for sure.