Dr. Deborah Shultz MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 24th, 2017
Excellent
Dr. Shultz is an excellent Doctor I have been visiting her office for over 10 years. I live in Tampa and I drive all the way to Apollo Beach because I think I she is an excellent Doctor and I feel very confortable with her and the way she treats me. She is also very knowlegeable so is her staff., they are all very friendly and know their work well. I feel very confortable.

May 26th, 2017
Wonderful!
I have found her pleasant, thorough and concerned. She spends time with her patients and is accessible for them.

March 28th, 2017
Dr. Shultz cares about all of her patients. I love the way you are treated

July 16th, 2016
I have gone to this doctor for years and have been very satisfied. Easy conversation and she always knows how to fix me right up. Thank you, Doctor Deb.

February 23rd, 2015
DR. SCHULTZ HAS ALWAYS BEEN EXCELLENT WITH ME. I'VE HAD SEVERAL EMERGENCY VISIT. STAFF IS ALWAYS SWEET AND VERY HELPFUL. I DON'T EXPECT PROMPTNESS IN A DRS. OFFICE. I MEAN THEY WORK AROUND INJURIES AND EACH PERSON'S UNIQUE. WHOEVER DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THAT NEEDS A DOCTOR!

August 25th, 2014
Rude!
I have been going to this office for years now and yes the staff is very rude and getting a referral is like pulling teeth! They have an excuse for everything and no solution for anything! I stay because I like Dr. Shultz but lately the bad is completely outwaying the good! I've seen windows slammed, phones slammed and the staff talking about other patients! Is sad that this Dr is losing business over get staff! She needs to make some changes before they put her out of business!

April 25th, 2014
Been patient for over 8 years and love them!
My husband starting seeing Dr Shultz prior to me since I worked for another doctors office but it was far from our house and my husband had a lot of medical issues so because of location dr Shultz was easier for him. Like I said he had a lot of medical problems and required a lot of specialist appointments and with our HMO insurance, always required referrals. Gidget was always so accommodating and sometimes would have to do a referral for him on the spot if he found out his prior auths were already used up for a particular doctor. She never complained, got the auth done and had it faxed while he waited. His medical condition got worse so I switched to Dr Shultz myself as we could be seen together. This has been the most accommodating office and I have NEVER had a problem with ANY of the staff, have NEVER had a window shut in my face by the front desk, and NEVER had a bad experience. I notice most of these reviews are older but I felt the need to share my experience about my RECENT appointments. This office is great and the staff is wonderful from the moment I walk in. Unfortunately you can't please everyone and all I can do is tell you my experience. I would not consider seeing anyone or put my health in anyone else's hands.

January 21st, 2014
I would send friend and family to Dr. Shultz, I will agree there are some staff members who are questionable, buy for the most part, everyone is wanderful and caring. I would not go to anyone else. You might wait a long time but that is because, she is very very busy doctor, an works in anyone that is sick. I love her an her staff.

January 14th, 2014
A little too late
This office is like no other. My last visit to the Dr's office, I waited for over an hour and a half, past my appointment time, just a tad bit longer then usual. I finally am put into a room, so I get to hear all their gossip, how they don't like certain patients, what their problems are. (I've herd them say about this one paitent of theirs, "all she wants is pills, and she's so fat". I mean No matter when I make my appointment it's like this, but, I started to go later on in the day, early in the week thinking i'm going to get in and out, no! Nothing ever worked. I thought to myself, that's just Great! This is the reason they had me sit around waiting for, So the nursing staff could finish bashing this very large older lady, who was rather unstable, they were nice to her face, but, when she left, OMG! I hate her, she's crazy!!! So again I ask myself, What was the point in my making an appt time!! The staff is rude, out of the 6 or so years i've been going to this Dr. I've seen them slam that front window 100 times in the elderly peoples faces, To test this theory, just walk up to the appointment window, it'll get slammed right in your face. They talk to you like your stupid, demeaning. Only 3 time's have my prescriptions ever been called in to the pharmacy, The Pharmacy even states, "well yeah, that's Dr Schultz, Happens all the time". Then I actually herd the nurse Lisa, telling another patient about another patient, what about the Hippa Law? That's it, I had enough. I will never go back! Place needs to close down, it terrible.

April 11th, 2013
Hard to communicate with
Overall I think she is a caring Dr. Her staff is fun. But I have called to seek help and no one called me back. That was 3 weeks ago. Then I call in for a prescription refill and I was told it was done. I get to the pharmacy and nothing. Next day both pharmacy and I call. But you get nothing but the answering service. So that is the only thing I could ask Dr Shultz to improve on. For now I go without. Thank god it is not a life saving Rx

September 14th, 2012
NOT AN EMPLOYEE!!
AFTER READING THE REVIEWS MYSELF FOR THIS OFFICE I STILL DECIDED TO MAKE AN APPT FOR MYSELF THERE BECAUSE MOST OF THE REVIEW WERE QUITE OLD. I DID NOT SEE A WHOLE LOT OF THE "RUDENESS" THAT THE REVIEWS WERE TALKING ABOUT! EVERY MEMBER OF THE STAFF HAVE BEEN THERE FOR OVER 5 YEARS AND MORE AND I LOVED THE DOCTOR AND HER PA. THE WAIT TIME IS LONGER THAN MOST BUT IT IS WORTH IT TO FEEL LIKE A PART OF THE FAMILY WHEN YOU GO THERE! SO IN ALL MY EXPERIENCE WAS A GOOD ONE AND I'M GLAD I WENT AND I WILL BE GOING BACK!

August 23rd, 2012
Find another Doctor
Been a patient for over 10 years. Have put up with rude office staff, mix-up with another patient - yes, got a call once saying they could not fill a prescription for an STD they said I had -WHICH I DID NOT - had my name confused with someone else. Then, last straw was waiting for results of test, 3 weeks later they call to sell me results of another test I had 4 MONTHS EARLIER. When I aked them about the results of the test I just had, they had the nerve to asked me WHO ORDERED it. I hung up the phone and Dr. Shultz calls back, saying she would personally get the right results and call me back. That was 5 weeks ago. Still waiting. Luckily I had gotten the results myself from the diagnostic center. I am now looking for a new Doctor. That was the final 'straw' as the saying goes. One last comment, the office staff actually had the nerve to tell me to put off having a diagnostic test done because they were TOO BUSY to get my Insurance Company to approve it - yeh, thats right. THEY were too busy to make one phone call.