Psychiatrist, Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  patient  |  show details
by Maureen M on Jun 12th, 2014

Dr. McDermott is an excellent physician. She is a good listener and knowledgable doctor. She is organized and cares about her patients.

|  Painful  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2013

The only good thing I can say is that she was on time for my appointments. I was having issues living with my grandma and the "help" she gave was telling my grandma what I talked about in sessions. She has no standards for doctor/patient confidentiality AT ALL. She was rude when I would ask to have my medication lowered, and she kept saying that more medication or even a higher dose would help me. She took nothing I said into consideration, and would regurgitate whatever I said (even if it were only out of situational anger) and tell any family members that asked. I would never recommend her to anyone I know because of the way she "leaks" information and how she doesn't consider what the patient thinks of her diagnosis.

|  Highly reccomend  |  show details
Sep 3rd, 2011

Dr McDermett has diagonosed and treated my son wonderfully. I think the best part is how ell she relates to him. That gives him understanding and comfort in his treatment

|  exceptional doctor  |  show details
by greg fujita on Mar 21st, 2011

dr mcdermott is such a classy/professional dr and a wonderful human being.she does have an amazing gift for children

Mar 7th, 2011

Dr. McDermott is kind, warm, brilliant, caring and ABSOLUTELY there when needed. My son's father passed away last year and she worked through his illness and death with us from diagnosis of leukemia to the traumatic loss of him only 3 days later. There is no way I could have supported my son the way I did without her expertise and guidance. Dr. McDermott is a psychiatrist who actually practice talking therapy and not just hand out medication. Her evaluation of my son in 2000 was spot on. She treated him and us, as parents and my boy is now a 4.28 gpa as a junior in high school with many incredible friends and teachers. I could never thank her enough for all she did for all of us. I was appalled to read such unfavorable reviews because our opinions are the complete anithesis.

|  Bad  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2010

Not good and no bed side manner. Would not recomment

|  Do not recommend this doctor.  |  show details
by John McCarthy on Sep 15th, 2010

Too much pressure to keep her as a doctor and therapist. Very expensive. Not caring at all. I would not recommend her to anybody.

Jul 23rd, 2010

Most often does not return calls herself. Assistant returns calls and then acts as go-between.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2009

I would highly recommend Dr. McDermott.She is incredible.

Jul 31st, 2009

Dr. McDermott is excellent. she is very adaptable, caring, and helpful. we found that she doesn't have many openings in her practice, so if you are able to get in, you will be very pleased.