inactive

Denise M McDermott MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

June 12th, 2014
patient
Dr. McDermott is an excellent physician. She is a good listener and knowledgable doctor. She is organized and cares about her patients.

July 30th, 2013
Painful
The only good thing I can say is that she was on time for my appointments. I was having issues living with my grandma and the "help" she gave was telling my grandma what I talked about in sessions. She has no standards for doctor/patient confidentiality AT ALL. She was rude when I would ask to have my medication lowered, and she kept saying that more medication or even a higher dose would help me. She took nothing I said into consideration, and would regurgitate whatever I said (even if it were only out of situational anger) and tell any family members that asked. I would never recommend her to anyone I know because of the way she "leaks" information and how she doesn't consider what the patient thinks of her diagnosis.

September 3rd, 2011
Highly reccomend
Dr McDermett has diagonosed and treated my son wonderfully. I think the best part is how ell she relates to him. That gives him understanding and comfort in his treatment

March 21st, 2011
exceptional doctor
dr mcdermott is such a classy/professional dr and a wonderful human being.she does have an amazing gift for children

March 7th, 2011
Dr. McDermott is kind, warm, brilliant, caring and ABSOLUTELY there when needed. My son's father passed away last year and she worked through his illness and death with us from diagnosis of leukemia to the traumatic loss of him only 3 days later. There is no way I could have supported my son the way I did without her expertise and guidance. Dr. McDermott is a psychiatrist who actually practice talking therapy and not just hand out medication. Her evaluation of my son in 2000 was spot on. She treated him and us, as parents and my boy is now a 4.28 gpa as a junior in high school with many incredible friends and teachers. I could never thank her enough for all she did for all of us. I was appalled to read such unfavorable reviews because our opinions are the complete anithesis.

November 12th, 2010
Bad
Not good and no bed side manner. Would not recomment

September 15th, 2010
Do not recommend this doctor.
Too much pressure to keep her as a doctor and therapist. Very expensive. Not caring at all. I would not recommend her to anybody.

July 23rd, 2010
Most often does not return calls herself. Assistant returns calls and then acts as go-between.

October 2nd, 2009
Excellent Doctor
I would highly recommend Dr. McDermott.She is incredible.

July 31st, 2009
Dr. McDermott is excellent. she is very adaptable, caring, and helpful. we found that she doesn't have many openings in her practice, so if you are able to get in, you will be very pleased.