A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Dennis Charney:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Charney
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Charney Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dennis Charney, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 19 areas:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Cognition Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Memory Disorders
- Mental Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Panic Disorder
- Phobias (Phobic Disorders)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Charney graduated from Pennsylvania State University, Hershey. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Charney has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Mt Sinai Hospital
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Dennis Stuart Charney MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 35 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Dennis S. Charney practice?
- Dr. Dennis Charney has 1 office location.
Dr. Dennis Charney practices Psychiatry near New York, NY.
See New York Psychiatrists.