Otolaryngologist, Surgeon
200 Medical Plz
Suite 550
Los Angeles, CA 90095
310-206-6688
Locations and availability (1)

|  Suzanne  |  show details
Dec 2nd, 2012

Dr. Chhetri gave me my life back! I had tracheal stenosis so bad I sounded like Darth Vader when I inhaled. I could barely change the sheets on my bed before my surgery, just couldn't get enough air. I WOKE UP great after endoscopic surgery with Dr. Chhetri. It was an immediate fix. THE NEXT DAY I was back to my normal activities like nothing had ever happened. The worst medical problem I have ever had was followed by the quicket, easiest "fix" I've ever had. Dr. Chhetri is a masterful surgeon who has done many of these with great success. No one else knew what to do with me and some were afraid to even try. I'd recommend him to anyone.

|  He is the best !!  |  show details
Nov 6th, 2012

Doctor Chhetri diagnosed a problem I had almost immediately and was able to give me hope for a correction. Medically, the office is outstanding. However, my problem was with the office staff who seemed overwhelmed or said they did things when when they didn't (like call me). But once you get to the doctor anything you have to put up with is worth it. The Santa Monica UCLA Medical where I stayed and had surgery is EXCELLANT ! The staff there were professional, knowledgeable and always "on top of things". If you have any problems with throat and voice, this is the doctor to see.

|  Airway salvation  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2012

I suffered from tracheal stenosis for over a decade. My airway was blocked by 60 %. Dr. Dinesh Chhetri and his staff successfully removed heavy scarring with a surgical laser, balloon stretching and chemo-therapy to retard re-scarring. The procedure completely changed my life. I am so very grateful for the work Dr. Chhetri did to diagnose the problem and come up with a permanent solution.

|  Happy Camper  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

First off, I would never choose a doctor based on internet ratings, especially if that you and that doctor are talking about a scalpel near your throat. My professionaal relationship with Doctor Chhetri has grown over the lasst several years, so that when he makes a reccomendation, I can depend on his judgement to the extent of 100%. Doctor Chhetri just did a surgery on my vocal cords that we have been discussing for several years. It was my sense of confidence in his judgement that made me realize that the time had come. So far the results have been exponentially better than anticipated. I should have taken his advice two years ago.I deeply appreciate the fact that even with his impressive knowledge and skill, that he engages his patient in a dialogue and collaborates in the decision making process.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2012

Dr. Chhetri is a skilled, patient doctor who really listens. I highly recommend him.

|  Doc. Chhetri  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2011

Saved my life pure and simple. Excellent surgeon excellent communications.Never ever lets an email go longer then a day to get back to me.Innovative care and attention to my specific case.If I wait in the lobby its not for more then 5-10 minutes which is great with me because all of us fighting cancer need extra time with the doctor. We are an exclusive club and we totally understand why it is important for the doctor to attend to all of our questions and needs. Doc. Chhetri saved my life pure and simple. His entire team is responsive and attentive my insurance papers are on time and always followed up on. This is critical,"He cares as does his entire team."

|  It's all about results  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2011

Dr. Chhetri is what you get when competance, confidence, and compassion cross each other's path at the same time. However, all the good things you can say are meaningless without results. Dr. Chhetri pretty much gives available options and probable outcomes and then gets right to the business of curing your problem. There is nothing so sweet as good results.

|  show details
May 9th, 2011

Great Doctor. Empathetic & Caring

|  No question about it  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2011

I have had to get several injections in the vocal cords to restore my voice which is one of my tools of the trade. If you watch the procedure on YouTube, it will scare you away from the procedure which, incidentally works quite well. Doc Chhetri has been able to do these right at the time of the evaluation rather than having me drive from the OC for another appointment. I have to give this doctor stellar marks in every category. When it is your livlihood, you don't want to risk treatment from a doctor that doesn't know what he doesn't know. that's why I make the 2 hour drive each way.

|  my vote  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2010

I read these ratings before booking an appoitment with UCLA. After my treatment, I am going to have to side with the positive. The problem with most of the highly placed ENT Specialists is that they are getting older than dirt. I go out and do hours and hours of research on a treatment and the old timers tell me that they won't do it because the treatment hasn't been tested over a fifty year double blind peer-reviewed study. Medicine is changing faster than the old guys and what seems to be a reasonable approach is all of a suddent outside their comfort zone. I don't want to say that Chettri is on the cutting edge because that has dangerous implications. I think that the better description is medically agressive. There was a comment that he performed too many expensive tests. I think that's not correct. I got a buch of tests but they translated into needed of confirming information to make a confident diagnosis. Expensive? Yes! Welcome to US Healthcare. . . Have a nice day.At the appointment, I was surprised at how he got in tune with me so quickly. He was pensive about the diagnosis, the treatment and potential outcomes. I would rather not need an ENT at all, but Chetri is probably about the best you are going to find.

|  Would you take your Bentley to the corner garage?  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2010

When it comes to me, I am all about getting to the top of the MD Food chain. I am not interested in a referral from my GP to his buddy's clinic. Dr. Chhetri is da bomb! Dedicated to voice and has the pedigree to prove it. I am not going to go to a clinic in Podunk when I can get a head of the department at UCLA. I had a 110% percent of my very high expectations met. Dr. Chhetri is humble about his talent so I take credit for making a good choice in having him treat me.

|  When you use your voice for a living. . .  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2010

When you go to one of the top rated Medical Centers in the nation, you expect the top doctors. Dr. Chhettri is one of the heads of the department at UCLA. He must have earned that somehow. He is on the cutting edge of the latest developments. He gives reasoned options rather than trying to jam a solution down your throat (HA!) I see comments below he orders expensive tests. I am thinking that UCLA sets those prices. For myself, I want as many reasonably necessary tests in a single sitting that can be done. I went to Dr. Chhetri for answers now and got 'em.My voice is restored to to the pre-radiation condition of 6 years ago. My own doctor was telling my just to learn to live with my bad voice and feel lucky to be alive. Now I feel lucky to be alive, only I can tell people in a normal voice

|  saved my voice  |  show details
by former gravel voice on Sep 2nd, 2010

I appreciate that he gets the job done without making me return for endless office visits. WE discussed exactly what test were needed and why they were appropriate and then offered a range of treatment. I felt a little guilty about the time he was spending with me given the other patients that were there. He took the time to answer my questions. I got my voice back the next day after a surgery at another well-known teaching hospital

|  Excellent Care  |  show details
by TCW on Jul 26th, 2010

Doctor Chhetri is an example of the doctor-patient empathy that seems to be lost in the practice of medicine. He is efficient and focused. I have been under his care and guidance for voice issues following a vocal cord cancer. He take the time to get tuned into my issues and then treats them. ( successfully, I am quick to add). His personal staff (separate from the UCLA Medical center)are all over my concerns and requests. I rate this doctor with highest possible marks as well as with my personal gratitude for treating me well.

|  Didn't offer solutions, but DID overcharge  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2010

A five minute chat in his office was billed as a $765 "Speech Evaluation". This is in addition to the $760 charge for the office visit. He also performed a procedure in which he stuck a camera down my throat, which provided no insight into why I was having throat problems, but did manage to add another $735 to my bill. The worse part, the camera procedure damaged my throat and has left me with lasting pain. I should have sued him for malpractice.

|  AVOID Dr. Chhetri!!!!!  |  show details
by Avoid Dr. Chhetri!! on Jun 6th, 2010

I had the very unfortunate fate of dealing w/Dr. Chhetri. He is FAR more concerned with his students @ UCLA than he is about his patients.He is a particularly LAZY Dr when it comes to such mundane things as dealing w/insurance and getting insurance approvals for procedures. He forced me to take additional tests, he did not fill out paper work and ultimately lied to me about the effects of the procedure he had planned for me.Literally minutes before the procedure began he came to tell me that I would be sore for at least a week. When I talked to him about the procedure on the phone many weeks before, he assured me I would only be uncomfortable for a few days.Fortunately, the Lords Will was done and Dr. Chhetri's nurse-anesthetist overdosed me w/Propofol and the procedure never got started.. Hows that for luck, eh?I changed Drs after this fiasco and the other Otolaryngologist indicated to me that the additional procedures Dr. Chhetri wanted to perform on me was UNNECSSARY!!PLEAE - DO NOT SEEK DR. CHHETRIs advise!!!Thank you,Eric Tannenbaum

|  Top Surgeon in his field  |  show details
by Grace Frost on Apr 12th, 2010

Dr. Chhetri gave me back my voice, my swallowing and my life! He was and is a Godsend to me and my family. Life wasn't worth living until I met Dr. Chhetri and he operated on my airway and saved me from a life of hospitals and rehabilitation centers. I thank the Lord every day for blessing me with Dr. Chhetri. I recommend that anyone with airway or swallowing problems seek a way to see Dr. Chhetri!