Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  show details
Feb 9th, 2011

Dr. Hurlock spend the time necessary to get the full picture. Sometimes that means that she is running a little late, but I know that she will give me the same consideration.She is very responsive to any of my questions or concerns, even if it means that she is returning phone calls in the evening. She really cares about her patients. Dr. Hurlock is very knowledgeable and adept at putting the pieces together.

|  Caring MD who has great insights  |  show details
by Ria Gant on Aug 18th, 2010

Caring MD who has great insights. She does not take insurance & rounds up to the next half hour so watch the time your spend. It is a pleasure to discuss medical issues & plans for improvement with my clothes on, vagina covered & my dignity in tact. She is not your ordinary Gynecologist who specializes in HRT, thyroid & menopause.

|  show details
Mar 21st, 2009

Dr. Hurlock spent an extraordinary amount of time with me to gain my confidence, discuss my concerns and answer my questions. My concern was that she felt I should be taking hormone therapy and I did not want to do so at the time. She also does not take health insurances and that is a hardship on my budget. But I really appreciated the counsel and time she spent with me and would recommend her highly...if you can afford to pay for all the services out of pocket.

|  More interested in her "cure" rate than the individual  |  show details
by Laurie Vivona Bunn on Mar 26th, 2008

Hurlock is giving me enough thyroid to make my life better, but I wonder about the long-term effects on my heart and other organs. I'm pretty sure no endricrinologist would prescribe this amount (I get this impression from Hurlock herself) so I've stayed with her. Hard to make the out-of-pocket fees, and I really resent paying "by the minute" for the office visit when she always rounds up. By my calculation, she owes me $125 for over-charged minutes since she went to this office visit fee system. Also, after 5 years of visits, somewhere early on in the office visit, AFTER the pelvic exam, she always asks about my periods. I had a hysterectomy in 1992. If we have to pay by the minute, that time should not include the doctor's review of a patient's file.

|  This Dr is a life saver  |  show details
by littlebit31 on Nov 5th, 2007 on kudzu.com

I had cancer 6 years ago. My thyroid was radiated during treatment and after treatment I continued to put on weight. No doctor would treat my thyroid but I tried every diet. I put 20lbs on doing weight watchers I tried everything else I could. Working out didn't help. Finally I saw Dr Hurlock a year ago this month. She didn't make me prove that I was trying to lose weight she recognized about 12 other symptoms of my thyroid being underactive and started treating me right away. She is very thorough and clear with the treatments and I'm happy to report that 10 of the other 12 symptoms are gone, the other 2 are much less and my weight is gradually going down.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com