2.0

Rude and condescending show details Rude and condescending
by Jan Dove on Jun 18th, 2015

My first session with Wong she diagnosed me bipolar after giving me a 20 question form to fill out. I told her I disagreed with her Dx, BUT I came back the next week and agreed to try the meds regardless of what I thought about the Dx. The meds did make me feel better. SO I went back and even let her see my kid. The only Dx she seems to hand out is bipolar...anyhow, yesterday she said she wanted to talk to me about my child and I got browbeat for 45 of 60 minutes. BROWBEAT> Whatever is said between her and my nearly grown kid, who likes her, she felt she had the right to tell me I'd been a horrible mother the last ten years, that my daughter was more the parent than I, that I was in denial about being bipolar (even though I take the meds she gave me), that she'd 'hate to see CPS' get involved (implicit threat)....the only person that ever talked to me in the way she talked to me was my abusive mother right before she threw something across the room, or cut my favorite dress with scissors to hurt me. I have NEVER been talked to like by somebody in a professional context - it was downright abusive- and now I have the implicit threat of CPS hanging over my head. However, things have been so bad lately, and kid is almost grown, maybe it's time for CPS to case manage my daughters multiple health problems and educational problems (dropping out of school and wanting to play video games all day - which is, of course, my fault). Oh yes, and she told me I didn't care about my daughter's health (she's a T1D). according to Wong) I have some choice words to describe this woman that I won't list here. Reviewer who says she is evil is not far off. Unprofessional, horrible bedside manner, and really, really....just that was really abusive behavior. I would NOT go see this woman when you have so many other options in town. Rotten demeanor and it gets worse if you dare challenge her or point out a contradiction - WOW! Got to be hard to stay in business when you talk to clients like this.

Sep 13th, 2014

While I'm sure Dr. Wong is skilled and qualified, the overall sense I got from her during my visits was one of impatience. She wasn't particularly warm or welcoming of my thoughts / feelings / input, but rather seemed more interested in streamlining me through the appointment and on out the door. I get it, but given that her patients are likely going through difficult times (hence, seeing her), her approach isn't very reassuring.

Crazy show details Crazy
Nov 19th, 2012

She is evil.

Oct 16th, 2011

Compared to other psychiatrists I have worked with, in my opinion Dr Wong is extremely heavy handed with medication and doesn't like patient input. If you are the type of patient that likes to work with your doctor to make a treatment plan, she is not for you. She comes off as condescending and seems to have the attitude since the patient is ill they are not capable of clear decision maing.