Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Will not return calls & disregard for patient needs for timely screening and referral show details Will not return calls & disregard for patient needs for timely screening and referral
Oct 12th, 2015

Dr Pennington came highly recommended. And I had no problems with his office staff for routine visits, referrals, and followups. I have been calling his office since August 2015 for an update status for an appeal with no success. No one will return my call! I was assured that someone would followup and give me a call when I dropped by the office in September. Just now, I made my last ditch effort to speak directly with Dr. P. or his referral person. Per referral person, she is doing followup and will call when she receive response from insurance company some unknown time in the future. At this point, I need a doctor with a team who truly cares about his patients' health.

by arch copeland on Oct 9th, 2015

almost impossible to speak to someone on the phone. Messages go unanswered

G show details G
Apr 6th, 2015

Great doctor, absolutely horrible office staff.

Apr 2nd, 2015

I do not have a problem with the doctor his staff never calls you back I waited 4 weeks to get a referral and I have been waiting 3 days now about a perscription the doctor ordered that I can't afford asked his assistant to please see if the doctoc could come up with a less expensive one still waiting to here from her I have called evere day for the past three days and since it is a main medication that I need if I wind up going into a coma from her not responding to my phone call guess whats goin to happen

The best show details The best
by amy on Jan 23rd, 2014

He is the best doctor I have been to in my 70 years. He is kind, cares about yoou and helps you anyway possible. He is always right and knows what he is doing and where to send you. I would never go to another doctor after meeting him.

Great Family Care show details Great Family Care
by Junalee S. Lawhorn RN on Apr 12th, 2010

Dr. Pennington really cares about me and my family. He knows my husband and kids by names (they are also his patients) and he is very knowledgable about the tried and true and the up and coming treatments. My husband and I are both nurses and we know his skills are unquestionable, his bedside manner is terrific, and his knowledge base is great. He even tells us when he doesn't know something and directs us to a specialist when necessary. There isn't much he can't do for us, we feel fortunate to have found him.

by Charley Tyler-Trubey on Jan 12th, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Pennington for a very long time. He knows his job, makes you feel very comfortable, and takes time with you to answer any questions you may have. I am very glad I found him to be my primary doctor!