Obstetricians & Gynecologists
Video profile
2103 Fall Hill Ave
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
540-361-1611
Locations and availability (2)

|  Best OB in town!  |  show details
by Erika Popp on Jul 17th, 2014

Never have I seen a dr as genuine as dr meyer. He is funny, but yet explains every detail and makes sure you leave knowing exactly what is going on. I have a high risk pregnancy, and he did everything in his power to make me comfortable each and every time I left his office. Delivery was amazing, he talked me through it and made everything understandable. He stayed in the hospital to make sure I was comfortable, and came to see us multiple times. He truely is the best dr around!

|  Ms  |  show details
by Denise Hickman-Garrett on Jul 11th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Douglas Meyer for more than 25 years. He is very knowledgable and explains all of the services that will be provided, as they are being provided to ease any of your angst about your visit. We all know that these visits are not a females favorite. He advised has been with me through yearly Well Woman checks, colposcopies, birth of my son (older Mom with gestational diabetes and preeclampsia), through breast cancer and now into Menopause. He goes out of his way and listens to all the details you provide to him to help determine care. I have recommended him to several friends and co workers and I am doing the same to those who may read this review.

|  show details
by Jessica c on Jan 25th, 2013

Very thorrow and friendly would highly recommend him to family and friends, or anyone looking for a great doctor. I have had four csections all done by him and gone without any flaws. I have been a patient for almost 8 years and would trust him with desicions overall great doctor

|  Worst Doctor I've Ever Had  |  show details
Jan 28th, 2012

This man didn't know all the side effects of the bc he put me on. He told me if I missed a pill that I subconsciously wanted to get pregnant. And his office scheduled me to get an IUD when the IUD hadn't even come in yet, but they charged me for the visit anyway. They also over charged me every visit and tried to just give me an office credit instead of a full refund. Do yourself a favor and go to any other doctor in Fred.

|  One-of-A-Kind Doctor!  |  show details
Dec 7th, 2011

If you are old-fashioned like me, then you will love Dr. Meyer! Dr. Meyer has been my doctor for more than 6 years and has delivered my three beautiful blessings. I personally do not like to be rotated among a group of doctors and/or nurse practitioners, rarely see the main doctor, or uncertain of the doctor that will deliver my baby. Carrying and delivering a baby is miraculous and personal to me, the pre-natal care and personal attention is very important to me. I have not found any other doctors in town that would take the time to not only listen to my concerns, but also take just in case actions and follow-up to help me feel at ease. As any mothers that delivered a baby would say that each delivery is unique, and filled with excitement and concerns. Each one of my deliveries definitely has its own concern: the first babys heart rate kept on fluctuating and I was bleeding heavily; the second baby has the umbilical cord wrapped her neck on the way out; the third babywas not going to wait for anybody! In each of those situations, Dr. Meyers years of experiences and professional, safely assisted each of our babies comes into the world! My family and I are very grateful to Dr. Meyer for his detail care and personal attention. He never failed to return a call even after hours! I never feel like just another patient or just another folder at Dr. Meyers office. Thank you Dr. Meyer and we hope that you will not retire until we are done having babies!

|  Dr. Hero!  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2010

Dr. Meyer has been my doctor for nearly 20 years. I was blessed to have him deliver my first and my fourth child (nurses actually delivered #2 and #3). My fourth child ended up being a crash C-section due to a prolapsed cord. My baby was born blue and non-responsive with an Apgar of 0-1. Fortunately, that little baby celebrated his sixth birthday this year (2010) thanks to Dr. Meyer's expertise and quick actions. In our house, he is known as "Dr. Hero." He has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever met and really cares about you and your concerns. He listens to questions and answers and explains in lay terms so that those without any medical background can actually understand. I have recommended Dr. Meyer to many of my friends and will continue to do so until the day he retires. Absolutely the best doctor!

|  show details
Mar 30th, 2010

Dr. Meyer is one of the most caring doctor I have ever been to. He really listens to everything you have to say and even takes you into his office to talk. You don't have to sit there with a paper blanket wrapped around you trying to remember the questions you have to ask or the answers he is giving you. He is trustworthy, easy to talk to and compassionate. I highly reccommend him.