A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edgar Alvarez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edgar Alvarez is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Alvarez
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Alvarez Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edgar Alvarez, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Alvarez graduated from Universidad Nacional De Colombia, Santa Fe De Bogota. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Alvarez has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Shands Jacksonville Medical Center
- Shands Jacksonville
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edgar Rene Alvarez MD is a male Family Practitioner, has 35 years of experience and practices in Family Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Edgar R. Alvarez practice?
- Dr. Edgar Alvarez has 1 office location.
Dr. Edgar Alvarez practices Family Medicine near Jacksonville, FL.
See Jacksonville Family Physicians.