A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edgar Alvarez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edgar Alvarez is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edgar Alvarez, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Alvarez graduated from Universidad Nacional De Colombia, Santa Fe De Bogota. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Alvarez has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Shands Jacksonville Medical Center
- Assistant Professor, Community Health and Family Medicine
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edgar Rene Alvarez MD is a male Family Practitioner, has 34 years of experience and practices in Family Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Edgar R. Alvarez practice?
- Dr. Edgar Alvarez has 4 office locations.
Dr. Edgar Alvarez practices Family Medicine near Jacksonville, FL.
See Jacksonville Primary Care Doctors.