A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edgar Alvarez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edgar Alvarez is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edgar Alvarez, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Alvarez graduated from Universidad Nacional De Colombia, Santa Fe De Bogota.
Dr. Alvarez has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Shands Jacksonville Medical Center
- Assistant Professor, Community Health and Family Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Alvarez accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 7 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska - 1 plan
- Cigna - 6 plans