Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Does not give contracted insurance rates  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2013

Dr Hissa's secretary did not bill my insurance company for procedures and visits. When the secretary finally billed my insurance, I was told that the Drs office waited too long and my insurance would not cover any of my visits/procedures. I was then charged a fee and taken to a collection agency. Another time, the insurance said that Dr Hissa's office was in error by billing me and they were not allowed to bill me, because they agreed upon a contracted rate amount when the office agreed to accept the insurance; however, that didn't matter to Dr Hissa, because he billed me anyway. After I paid the bill, I was told I should have never paid it, but he sent the collection agency after me for an error his office made. Check your bills to make sure he isn't charging you for a "usual and customary" fee instead of the "contractual" fee he agrees to pay when he accepts your insurance.

|  Will talk down to you. Waste of time!  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2013

He stops you in the middle of a sentence and scolds you for not answering his question the way he wanted. He has no bedside manner. He wants a yes or no answer because he isn't interested in hearing about your pain. He will mock you if you repeat your symptoms. Please don't waste your time with this "Dr" as I did. I would never recommend him to anyone. There is a reason I got in to see him so easily. Beware.

|  show details
May 14th, 2012

When my wife tried to ask a question concerning potential elbow surgery on our five year old Dr. Hissa held up his hand, said "hold that thought" and left the room not to return. Never again.

|  NEVER AGAIN!  |  show details
by dolphins0916 on Aug 14th, 2009

Dr Hissa did my first knee replacement, and never again. Not a success. He thinks he knows everything. Not a people person. He's not a caring doctor.

|  sadistic Doctor  |  show details
by C. C. on Mar 26th, 2009

Dr Hissa seemed to be a know it all. he does not care about a person being in pain. After having total knee replacement he would only give a low dose pain pill. I had to call the head of the hospital in before he ordered dr. hissa to call in the pain specialist to give me some relief. I have turned in a complaint to the state board.

|  Dr. Hissa excellent doctor  |  show details
by Ms.Audrey Crowder on Oct 21st, 2008

Dr. Hissa,IP wish I could find your new location. I havn't found a gentelmen as nice and sweet as him. He and I have a ery long history. I miss you

|  show details
Oct 8th, 2008

Really liked Dr. Hissa. He is a very caring doctor. I'm sorry that he left the Cleveland area. I wish he would return.

|  Hissa destroyed my credit over a $6.01 bill...  |  show details
by hate Hissa on Oct 1st, 2008

he destroyed my credit over a 6.01 bill that I was never billed or contacted about. I just found it on my credit report...it has been reporting for over two years and dropped my score by 50 points. For "six dollars"'!!!