Dr. Edwin Hissa MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Parkersburg, WV

2.7

March 14th, 2017
Rude and arrogant
After 5 surgeries my wife convinced me to see a professional. Very rude and arrogant to both of us. Suggested we were lying about my compliance to his orders. Have never encountered any medical professsional so unprofessionable!

January 4th, 2017
Wants to see if mother nature will heal a broken bone?
Upper humurus fracture, the ends of the bones were not even facing each other. Dr. Hissa, instead of arranging surgery, opted for a sling and a 'wait to see what mother nature will do.' The bone had already been broken for two weeks, we were referred by the ER in our local hospital. We were to see Dr. Miller, but he was out of town. All Dr. Hissa wanted to do was prescribe low dose pain meds.

June 13th, 2013
Will talk down to you. Waste of time!
He stops you in the middle of a sentence and scolds you for not answering his question the way he wanted. He has no bedside manner. He wants a yes or no answer because he isn't interested in hearing about your pain. He will mock you if you repeat your symptoms. Please don't waste your time with this "Dr" as I did. I would never recommend him to anyone. There is a reason I got in to see him so easily. Beware.

May 14th, 2012
When my wife tried to ask a question concerning potential elbow surgery on our five year old Dr. Hissa held up his hand, said "hold that thought" and left the room not to return. Never again.

August 14th, 2009
NEVER AGAIN!
Dr Hissa did my first knee replacement, and never again. Not a success. He thinks he knows everything. Not a people person. He's not a caring doctor.

March 26th, 2009
sadistic Doctor
Dr Hissa seemed to be a know it all. he does not care about a person being in pain. After having total knee replacement he would only give a low dose pain pill. I had to call the head of the hospital in before he ordered dr. hissa to call in the pain specialist to give me some relief. I have turned in a complaint to the state board.

October 21st, 2008
Dr. Hissa excellent doctor
Dr. Hissa,IP wish I could find your new location. I havn't found a gentelmen as nice and sweet as him. He and I have a ery long history. I miss you

October 8th, 2008
Really liked Dr. Hissa. He is a very caring doctor. I'm sorry that he left the Cleveland area. I wish he would return.