Family Practitioner
1941 New Garden Rd
Ste 216
Greensboro, NC 27410
336-288-8857
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

• Currently 2.8837209302326 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Amazing Doctor  |  show details
by Jonathan S on Mar 25th, 2014

I saw Dr Dewey at her new practice in Kernersville. I can tell you she is one of the nicest doctors I have ever met. She made me feel like I was her only patient and answered all of my questions. She is the only doctor I have ever seen who seemed honestly concerned about my issues. I can't understand why anyone would not want to see her. I cannot speak highly enough about her and the entire practice at Laurel Creek.

Mar 25th, 2014

Dr. Dewey is a wonderful physician. She cares about her patients and takes time to get to know you, which does cause her to run behind;; however, her care and professionalism is worth the wait. She has amazing bedside manners and truly cares about you.

|  promptness  |  show details
by susan rakama on Mar 2nd, 2014

She is very gently kind and knowledgeable. She is the first doctor to truly give me a thorough physical examination and was thorough with her explanation of the test results.she is great doctor.

|  DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR  |  show details
Jan 28th, 2014

Very unprofessional staff. Doctor seems like she does not know what she is doing. Seems like she is only worried about running a bill up on your insurance. Very cold atmosphere. Hated it.

by Nancy J. on Jan 13th, 2014

I took my MIL to see Dr. Dewey exactly three times. I can confirm every negative review. Due to her lack of proper medical care, my MIL ended up in the hospital and a long recovery in rehab. I filed complaint with Novant and directed them to this very page. I am confident that they "released" Dr. Dewey -- and not a day too soon!

|  Downhill  |  show details
Jan 8th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Dewey every since she was at Hickory Branch Prime Care, I followed her to New Garden Medical. For the first 5 years she was great and I was having major health issues then! However for the past 2 years with very little health issues she and her office staff went down hill. She would act as if she did not care about her patient's. While in the medical room wiith her she would rush and I eventually had to ask if everything was ok. Of course she said yes, in my heart I felt it had to be something going on because I had never seen her so tacky. It's understandable that she has young children and that can be stressful but she became just plain rude! Unfortunately when I received the letter that she was no longer with New Garden Medical I was not shocked. I hate that she left her patient's high and dry with no explanation especially those who were under her care!! By no means do I wish any bad to her, I pray that if she is going thru something that hopefully she will be able to get it together. If not maybe a Doctor is no longer her passion. Either way I wish her the best of luck and her new journey.

by Erlene Blunt on Jan 7th, 2014

I am saddened to learn that Dr. Dewey is no longer at this location and working for Novant Health. She has been the doctor for my Daughter and I and will be greatly missed. She treated us as members of her family and I appreciate the tough love that she has shown my daughter. I believe that this office will suffer with the loss of Dr. Dewey..........

|  WHERE'S WALDO???  |  show details
by 2manybadDrs on Jan 3rd, 2014

Patients of Dr. Dewey have received a letter stating she is no longer with the practice, with no explanation provided. Was she fired, or did she just up and leave? It's pretty clear reading these reviews that she's a crappy doctor... the good reviews are obviously planted.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by J on Dec 30th, 2013

I came upon this site just now while I was trying to find Dr. Dewey. I have seen her for the past several years at Net Garden Medical Center after my previous doctor moved away. I may have waited a long time once, but that happens sometimes at doctors' offices and I think they worked me in that day. Dr. Dewey treated me like a partner in my healthcare. She can only recommend so much, but if she makes you feel involved, it leads you to being a little more proactive. I always felt like we were in this together for my health. She had a great bedside manner and never once made me feel like she was rushing to get me out of the office. She would stay in the room and answer my questions and explain things well to me. She would sit down across from you in the exam room in the chairs and make it feel more like a conversation on your health instead of an interrogation. I found out that she is no longer with New Garden Medical Associates and am I sad that for whatever reasons, she is no longer there anymore. I hope to either find her or another doctor like her. She has set the bar high for any other primary care doctors that I am going to see from here on out.

|  Compassionate and actually listens  |  show details
Dec 16th, 2013

This is the first doctor who has actually listened to my concerns and taken time with me. I never felt rushed or like she needed to be elsewhere. I felt like I was the only patient she had all day long. I have been her patient for 10 years now and wouldn't go to anyone else

Dec 9th, 2013

This woman only deserves a star due to her very nice staff. Dr. Dewey obviously only cares about the money she makes & not her patients. She keeps you waiting for over 30 minutes & then has the WORST ATTITUDE EVER! I too care for an elderly parent & this Dr just doesn't understand when you cant afford something. She has 0 compassion. I dont recommend her for the elderly. She needs young patients that are primarily healthy so she doesn't really have to do any work. Maybe if someone could speak to her like she's worthless the way she just spoke to my mother then she'd get a clue!

|  Excellent experience  |  show details
Nov 24th, 2013

My doctor has a wonderful bedside manner and actually listens to what I have to say. She takes care of three generations of our family and does a wonderful job with all of us.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Sep 9th, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Elizabeth Dewey. She has a great reputation among the medical community.

|  I wish I could give a ZERO for bedside manner!  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2013

This doctor does not deserve even one star. She has consistently been 45 minutes to an hour late for every appointment my children have had...and not once has acknowledged or apologized for this. She has been extremely rude, disrespectful and condescending to me and my husband on several occasions, and multiple times, with each of our kids, has NEGATED our LEGITIMATE concerns about our child's health IN FRONT OF OUR CHILD. We are there because we care deeply about our children's well-being and she has treated us as if we are neglectful parents. She is IRRESPONSIBLE and UNPROFESSIONAL and, gleaning from others' reviews, potentially unethical in her refusal to consider family medical history when treating a patient. Her attitude and behavior are the worst. When I brought up my concerns in a recent appointment (with my daughter present), she snickered at me. All the training in the world cannot give a person an ounce of class. She is the WORST. Avoid this practice at all costs!!!

Jul 15th, 2013

First we had to wait over 45 minutes to even see the dr and this common in this office - all of this with not even a sorry. She was extremely discourteous and out righ rude. DO NOT PUT THIS ONE IN CHARGE OF YOUR OR YOUR LOVED ONES MEDICAL CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

|  great with medication monitoring NOT with people  |  show details
by angry family member on Jun 3rd, 2013

Good with medication monitoring but not understanding enough of the stresses that families with elderly parents/grandparents go through. Refused to order a hospital bed for my grandfather; therefore my grandfather can't breathe well in regular bed and will now begin sleeping in his recliner. Also, doesn't understand how difficult it is to transport and have an elderly person wait an hour for an appointment. I really believe she is a great physician but not willing to take input from family and caregivers. There are MD's who will visit a patient at home and that would be most convenient but I believe she is mostly concerned about her financial gain vs. the patient's needs. A great physician would put the patient's needs first.

|  Birth Control  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2012

Beware if you need family planning. She made me come in for multiple visits, did not examine me, lied to me about the care she would provide at the next visit. She just kept scheduling more and more visits and not doing anything. I wonder if she makes more money this way?

|  A Good Doctor!  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2012

I cannot believe some of these reviews. I have been a patient of Dr. Dewey for several years- have always found her professionalism and bedside manner to be excellent. She has always listened and helped me through any medical issues I have had. I would(and have) recommend her to anyone looking for a caring, efficient, and professional caretaker.

|  Patient since 2009  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2012

The past few years have been healthy ones, so the majority of my visits with Dr. Dewey have been well-visits. My time with her has always been well spent- she and her staff have always respected my time and stayed very close to my appointment time, but still manage to actually spend time listening to any concerns, examing me, and discussing any concerns Dr. D has about my health. She treats me as a partner in my health care, respecting my thoughts and opinions, urging me to seek additional care if needed (manograms, skin cancer checks, Gyn, etc) without pushing her agenda on me. I am not one to take prescription meds unless absolutely necessary, so she has been very receptive in exploring other ways to encourage a healthy life. Whether over the teltphone or in office, she and her staff are always friendly and helpful. I am sad others have left negative reveiws and would suggest that not all docs are the best fit for every person. Dr. Dewey is not a bad doctor in anyway, just maybe not the right fit for the previous posters. If you want a doctor who is there to truly help you, without shoving her ideals or prescriptions on you, and you are capable of being proactive in your own health care by listening to her ideas and suggestions (not just going in expecting a pill to fix everything), then Dr. Dewey could be a great choice for you.

|  Most unprofessional doctor ever...RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2012

Dr. Dewey is horrible. She is was disrespectful and did not listen to my concerns. She refused to provide me with the service I requested and even lied on my medical records. She also tried to argue with me about me saying I had a family history of diabetes when it was clearly in my records that I have a history of anemia. She is clearly unprofessional and I will never return to this practice!!!

Nov 30th, 2011

Very caring Doctor, really interested in me.

|  Office staff great; Doctor is horrible  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2010

Both Dr. Dewey and her nurse practitioner are horrible. Neither seem to know what they're doing. I went in several times for the same problem because they couldn't figure it out--first I was told muscle spasm, then kidney stones (800 dollars on a scan that produced nothing) and finally mild scoliosis. I also had prescriptions called in to my pharmacy--pills I explicitly said were not helping and I would not take--so that when I went to pick up my regular meds, I paid for and was given 2 prescriptions I neither wanted or was even informed about! I would not recommend them to anyone and am switching my great insurance and the money I pay to someone with competence. I will say that the nurses who do blood pressure, etc. and Christa who answers the phone/mans the front desk are friendly. Too bad they work for these people.

|  Terrible Time. . .  |  show details
by Chris on Jun 15th, 2010

Dr. Dewey wasn't respectful. I waited over an hour for my appointment, and then she simply brushed off my symptoms and failed to treat the problem. I was disappointed, and changed PCP's. New Garden Medical is a nice facility with a lack of qualified personnel. . .

|  Jenny  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2010

I waited in the waiting room 40 minutes past my appointment time, then for one hour in the exam room. I did not feel like Dr. Dewey listened to me and was quick to make a biased judgement. She didn't listen to my lungs and didn't check my ears although I told her I was having trouble hearing. Did not seem concerened about my abdominal pain and the fullness I fel when I sit. I will not go back to this doctor and thought that the care that I recieved was substandard.

Sep 14th, 2009

Dr. Dewey is very friendly and made me feel very comfortable and at ease. I would recommend her to everyone.

|  Best Doc Around  |  show details
by Mike on Jun 30th, 2009

Dr. Dewey and her entire staff are committed to giving every patient the best care possible. They are compassionate, caring and do not treat you like a statistic. Dr. Dewey takes as much time as needed to truly understand the issues and follows up appropriately. My whole family goes to New Garden, and we wouldn't think of going anywhere else!

|  Mr. David  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2009

I was referred to this doctor by a friend. I was one of her first patients at her new practice. She came into the esxam room 85 minutes after I had been in there. I was there for an physical. Never happened. I was upfront with her about some trouble health wise that I was having as well as some legal troubles, and how those troubles were affecting my health. Ihad a restraining order on me from a doctor that i had had a sexual relationship with. I showed her a copy of the restraining order, and talked to her about it. I also told her that I had prostate cancer and was supposed to have surgery but wasn't sure about having it. She called my urologist and told a bunch of lies on me and had me dismissed from that practice. She, after getting my medical records, dismissed me for "legal reasons", said the restraing order said I wasn't allowed in the city of Greensboro. She also had me banned from all Novant health practices. The restraining order did not say I wasn't allowed in Greensboro. This is a stupid doctor, and should be avoided. Do not consider her as a doctor. She is bad news. She has also called the police on me and told them that I was violating the restraining order by being in Greensboro. She also prescribed me Cymbalta, with no refills. After I ran out of pills, and couldn't get any more from her, it played havoc on my body. In less than two weeks, I took an overdose of Ativan and otc sleeping pills. This is one of the things that can happen to you if you abrubtly stop taking Cymbalta. I spent three days in the ICU at Moses Cone and almost died because of her. This is the same hospital she told me I was banned from. That they had refused me in their program at the Behavioural Health Center. Although, I later spent a week there. She is a liar and can not be trusted.

|  One of the best family practitioners in Greensboro NC  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2009

Dr. Dewey is a great doctor who actually seems to really care about her patients at all times, very professional and her staff, they are super people who also have that caring attitude about the patients. I highly recommend her to any and everyone who needs a family doctor