A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ellen Shapiro is Good. Dr. Shapiro has been reviewed by 7 patients who have provided 6 comments. The rating is 3 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ellen Shapiro, MD is board certified in Urology and Pediatric Urology.
She has special expertise in 3 Areas, including Pediatric Urology, Prenatal Diagnosis Pediatric Urology, and Prenatal Diagnosis, Pediatric Urology.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from University of Nebraska, Omaha. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Shapiro has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital for Joint Diseases
- Lenox Hill Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shapiro accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Ellen Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ellen Shapiro practice?
Dr. Ellen Shapiro practices Urology, Pediatric Urology, and Surgery near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Hackensack, NJ.
See New York Urologists and New York Surgeons.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Leonor Shapiro, Dr. Loreen Shapiro, Dr. Lena Shapiro, Dr. Elnora Shapiro, Dr. Ellie Shapiro, Dr. Norene Shapiro, Dr. Hannelore Shapiro, Dr. Eleanore Shapiro