Dr. Elliott Rose MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery New York, NY

October 4th, 2013
The Best Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Rose is excellent in any area of plastic surgery you can think of. I mean not only does he do the standard cosmetic stuff but his reconstructive surgery is world recognized. The staff is very courteous and the office is beautiful. I was very happy there.

March 24th, 2012
Mom of child that had facial reanimation surgery
Dr. Elliot Rose is not only a top-notch plastic surgeon with amazing skill, but he is also a very professional, kind, easy-going and trustworty doctor who truly cares for his patients. I recommend Dr. Rose 100%!I feel that I know Dr. Rose fairly well since he performed 5 technically complicated facial reanimation surgeries over a 2 year period on my toddler who had congential facial paralysis. With respect to the outcome, I am very pleased and am so thankful to Dr. Rose for giving my child a smile. The results are miraculous! My child's face was completely transformed and now she has a gorgeous typical symmetrical smile! He is one of a handful of suregeons worldwide that can even perform such complicated surgeries so it's great to have him here in NYC.With respect to Dr. Rose's bedside manner, I would say that he genuinely cares about his patients and treated my daughter as if she were his own. Dr. Rose is also very thorough and is generous with his time. He definitely will take the time to explain any questions and will not rush you out the door. While the office staff is extremely welcoming, professional, sweet, and efficient, please beware of the billing coordinator, who from my dealings is very rude and unprofessional.

May 24th, 2011
Worth Every Penny II
My posting was the first one made on this site. Since then I have gone back to visit Dr. Rose. His staff has made significant improvements. I was not able to schedule a surgery because of my lack of funding however I plan to visit him in the near future. I strongly agree with the recent postings we are very fortunate to have such brilliant talent and skill available to the public. I have visited many surgeons for cheaper costs but none even remotely compare... To say Dr. Rose does phenomenial work with his pioneering techniques is an understatement!

January 16th, 2011
Able to "face" the world again in PIttsburgh !
I am a 40+year old facial paralysis patient of Dr. Rose. I had an onset of Ramsey Hunt Syndrome and ended up with right facial paralysis months before my 40th birthday. After trying to create symmetry by using botox with doctors here in Pittsburgh, and being thoroughly frustrated with the roller coaster of looking good while the botox is working, or not working, or in-between, I came upon Dr. Rose on the internet. I was at my wits end dealing with my off kilter look while still trying to work full time, be a mom of two and handle the frustration of my facial flaws and constraints, and was by then seeking psychiatric counseling. After much research and talking to my doctors here and having a consult visit with Dr. Rose, speaking to some of his patients, I was all in. Dr. Rose is one of a small handful of doctors in the world that can perform this type of extensive reconstruction surgery and perform it to its utmost perfection. Many surgeons and doctors ask how I was lucky enough to get to Dr. Rose, and I tell them my stars must have been aligned perfectly that day : Upon my original meeting with Dr. Rose, he never promised me that he could make me look exactly as I did before, but he would get me as close as possible with all his professionalism, experience and expertise, I knew I didnt have to worry. I have never met a more passionate, caring and fully committed to his patients surgeon than Dr. Rose. I am 6 surgeries in and now have no more dry eye, can close my eye with ease, I can breath freely out of the right side of my nose and my symmetrical smile was here for Christmas this year, and I was smiling whole season long. This surgical transformation has been the most life changing thing for someone with this type of paralysis. He brought me back my life and confidence to literally face the world. I dont have to hide my smile behind my hand anymore, I am confident that it is looking great. His staff took over with all my insurance approvals and pre-certifications, just leaving me to wait for that great phone call that everything was approved and ready to go. The operating staff and nurses have all treated me like family and have always answered me personally weather via email or phone calls. Dr. Rose himself was my first contact as he called me personally to find out my whole story. If I had it to do all over again, even with all the facial therapy, facial retraining and exercise, I would do it all over, it has change my life, my outlook, my physical appearance, and my relationship with my family and friends. Dr. Rose gave me my normal life back, and I dont think I can every say enough thank yous to convey my gratefulness.

July 15th, 2010
Dr. Elliott Rose is extremely artistic, intelligent, kind and caring. His talent is so remarkable and rare that I feel that anyone who goes to Dr. Rose is truly fortunate. He is a treasure. Dr. Rose's office staff is very professional, knowledgeable and helpful. Dr. Rose and his staff are a pleasure to work with. The office itself is very clean and attractive. You feel as though you are in a spa.

June 4th, 2010
Caring and Careful Doctor
I had a potentially serious issue in regard to a breast reconstruction from over 16 years ago. I had had chemo, bone marrow transplatation and radiation following cancer surgery in 1993. 4 weeks ago, Dr. Rose diagnosed (when other doctors could not understand what was going on) and treated hematomas under my left implant. He not only solved a potentially dangerous issue, but left me with much better and more comfortable implants. He carefully went through my history at the hospital, even taking the time to go into the archives to read about my initial surgeries so long ago. He carefully went over with all the doctors involved my personal history and my allergies to most antibiotics (a result of the transplant). I have had a lot of dealings with doctors over the years. He and his staff are incredibly caring and competent. He is one of the best!!!!

March 15th, 2010
Talented Plastic Surgeon
I went to Dr. Rose 22 years after having facial paralysis from Bell's Palsey. He performed reanimation surgery on me in March, 2009. I am EXTREMELY pleased with the outcome. After my initial meeting with the doctor, I walked away with a feeling of hope. The surgery has resulted in a normal appearance of my facial features. My smile now goes up instead of down, my eye sockets are the same size, and my eyebrow doesn't droop over my eye, so I'm not constantly lifting up the brow. I am now in front of the camera instead of behind it, I'm not reluctant to speak in front of groups or strangers, I laugh and smile with family, friends, and in public without regard to how I look, knowing that it's more "normal" than it's been in the last 22 years, and practically like it was before the palsey. The surgery, recovery/healing, therapy, and refinement surgery were difficult, but managable and necessary to get the wonderful results I've experienced. I'm very pleased with the results and I'm pleased with the personal attention Dr. Rose and his staff gives to me, the patient. He says you'll get results that you think are too good to be true, but you DO get those results.

March 13th, 2010
My Face
Facial Nerve Paralysis is an emotionally debilitating disease that robs a person of their ability to interact with the world. The emotional despair expereienced can only be understood by a person who looks in the mirror and does not know who he is looking at. Life had blessed me with the privelage of being a surgeon and a musician. Before I lost my face, second only to my family. Being a surgeon was what I identified with and was my most cherrished asset. When I lost my face I thought I lost everything. Suddenly my face could not express who I was or how I felt. My pain and despair influenced every aspect of my life. When I came to find out that I would never recover I was devistated.I searched the country for the right doctor who could offer me all of the necessary skills and experience available for optimal results. Moreover, finding the right surgeon who was committed heart and soul to doing the surgery that was best for me.After eleven consultations I found Dr. Elliott Rose. Despite overwhelming advise from almost everyone in my life and everyone I met. I knew he was my doctor. He never guaranteed any results. He offered me a surgery that only two other people in the country could even perform with any experience. As a surgeon I knew the surgery was an incredible undertaking for any surgeon. I was scared. However, as a surgeon I knew that this guy was going to do what it takes to get it done. I knew that if something would go wrong that he would be by my side because he loves what he does. More importantly, he believes that his job is to change lives and make people feel better about themselves.I am three months post the third stage of a very complicated facial reanimation surgery. It was not easy for either of us. The first surgery was over ten hours of intricate work. I am now a year and a half out from the first stage. It has been a long and hard road. Dr. Rose and I have been working hard to get the best result that we can get. I know that I will never be completely normal. My confidence is coming back. My patients know I love what I do because they can see it in my face again. My children do not think my face is angry anymore. I can express the joy the bring to my life. I can sing and play my guitar and harmonica again.I could not have done this without his dedication. My pain and despair is in the back ground of my life. I work hard at my physical therapy and I am getting better every day. Thank you Elliott for helping me get better. I have my life back.

March 11th, 2010
My daughter Lina is a burn-survivor that no other doctor gave hope to. He is a compassionate, loving, incredible professional who takes a personal interest in his patients. We are forever thankful to him for giving her a new face, a new outlook on life, and a future. To date, we have flown to NY for surgery 11 times, knowing our financial situation he has done pro-bono, or reduced rates to allow us to complete his plans for Lina. He is the best.

March 11th, 2010
best reconstructive surgeon in New York
I have been seeing Dr. Elliott Rose for a problem resulting from Bell;s palsy. I had an asymmetrical smile. Dr. Rose did his "magic". I had two surgeries which gave me back my smile and I was able to close my eye once again. Thank you so much Dr. Rose. You gave me back my life.

December 8th, 2009
Misleading and dishonest
Rose is a salesman . Using computers and books he has authored , he creates a scenario that is at best unlikely . Do not be fooled by his techniques and his "assurances" .
Doctor's Response

This defamatory comment was obviously posted by a competitor. Our state of the art Mirror Imaging software is used to educate patients to their clinical condition and "preview"the anticipated outcomes of their corrective surgery. My book, Aesthetic Facial Restoration, published in several languages, is considered a premier textbook in the field and is used by residents in training as a teaching tool for reconstructive facial surgery. Dr Elliott Rose

May 2nd, 2009
What my life is like because of Dr. Rose
I was in a fire accident when I was a child. I had burn scars on the right side of my face, arm and leg. We went to him four years after the accident. He did a tissue expansion procedure - it was to take 5 surgeries to remove the scars. He did not wait for me to heal after the 2nd surgery to start the 3rd. I woke up in the hospital not able to move my right hand. There were "complications" - I spent years in physical therapy after that. My scars are still noticeable and I also have a healthy fear of surgery to go with it - all thanks to Dr. Rose.
Doctor's Response

In the era of "freedom of speech," anonymous consumers can publish whatever they like with impunity. However, I do not recognize the clinical history of this patient nor have I received any legal inquiries regarding the alleged post surgical injury. This posting is inconsistent with other positive patient comments regarding their facial reconstructive surgery and quality of care. I welcome this "anonymous" patient to contact me at erose@facemakernyc.com to vent his/her grievances so I can respond accordingly. Dr Elliott Rose