Internist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Oct 19th, 2011

I have recommended Dr. Marcalus to several people, many of whom have said they have been to seen him and think he is "great" - I think so too.

Dec 10th, 2010

Dr. Marcalus is an excellent doctor.

Nov 3rd, 2010

Getting through to set an appointment is rather difficult. Returned phone calls for appointments is poor.

Feb 3rd, 2010

This office is extremely overburdened/busy. The front office staff is nice, but way too busy to handle any issues. I have to drive to the office just to talk to anyone b/c all I get is voicemail when I call the office number. I will leave 3-4 voicemails and still nobody calls me back after several days. I have had a billing issue that has dragged on for over ten months now, and I still cannot get anyone to help me. My annual check-up is in three weeks and yet last year's bill still hasn't been settled!

The Best PCP in the Business show details The Best PCP in the Business
by TTM from Annapolis, MD on Dec 9th, 2009

As one of Dr. Marcalus' first patients at the beginning of his medical practice, I didn't know what to expect. After all, he had just hung up his shingle. Not ten minutes into my first office visit with him, I had decided that this young, tech-savvy physician was one of the most efficient, sensitive, and thoroughly necessary physicians. Why, "necessary?" In this specialized age, nearly every doctor "does his/her own thing." Dr. Marcalus, on the other hand, is exactly what the patient needs. He is the true general practitioner--a rarity, but more importantly, a need fulfilled. Bless him for remaining faithful to his calling and many thanks to him for caring so deeply about his patents' health and well being.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Apr 22nd, 2008

Dr. Marcalus is a rarity these days. He limits the size of his practice so he can spend as much time with his patients as they need. He genuinely cares about his patients, and treats them as people, not numbers. He also has a sense of humor, which also can put you at ease.