Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
 |  show details
by Kathy W on Jan 30th, 2014

My mother has severe back pain and had tests ordered by this doctor in November. She refused to see her until all the tests were completed. Now they are done and they have told her the next available appointment isn't until late March. It will be 5 1/2 months from the time she first saw her until she can get her opinion. The secretary told her there is no waiting list and she has no other options. This is not good medical care in my opinion.

|  Totally fabricated medical history.  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2011

I am recalling an appointment with this "doctor" conducted in 2005. After beginning to provide her with a history that I could validate with reports and pictures; she soon stopped me and simply called me a liar. She claimed to know my true history such as experiencing migraine without aura; hearing swooshing noises; refusing a recommended surgery; seeking chiropractic manipulation of my cervical spine (what a brilliant idea on my part since I have idiopathic fusion of cervical vertebrae); and on and on. Total fabrication on her part. After obtaining a copy of her brilliant notes and conclusions she mysteriously disappeared after I sought to discuss with her her medical insight into my condition.Now her she is at UCLA either having failed in private practice or having never left.I would not see this woman if I were offered free lifetime care.Good luck to all.

|  My doctor for 10 years  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2011

Dr Saxton has been my doctor for 10 years. She has helped me with numerous difficult situations. She sees very sick patients.When you see Dr Saxton she will take as much time as needed to listen, figure out a diagnosis that many other doctors have missed, give hugs when you need and want them and so much more.Dr Saxton rates 10 stars for me.

|  Stay Away  |  show details
May 16th, 2011

Shameful doctor will only see patients if they are referred by ANOTHER doctor. So if you suffer from pain, headaches, etc. she could care less. Better have another doctor "refer" you, or you'll never be able to make an appointment. Why bother? This is Los Angeles, not Kansas. There's plenty of better qualified doctors that you can simply call and make an appointment. Guess she never got the memo that she's not the only game in town. How good could she be with such an idiotic business mentality?

|  No More Migraines!  |  show details
by KatyONeill85 at Citysearch on May 11th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Saxton may very well be the most caring physician I`ve met other than my primary Dr. Arash Bereliani. Thank the stars Dr. B referred me to Dr. Saxton for my migraines. My migraines are so bad I`ve ended up at Cedars more than once.There is valet parking behind the medical building entrance is on Wilshire. There`s a pharmacy located on the first floor and elevators in the lobby. There`s even a waiting bench if seniors are waiting for a pick up.Dr. Saxton always greets me with a hug. She`s more than a neurologist. She`s compassionate, sharp, informative and a friend. I was suffering from cluster migraines and Dr. Saxton prescribed Medrol a steroid and within hours of the first dose I was experiencing relief. My insurance only covers 9 tablets of Maxalt a month and once Dr. Saxton gave me free samples because I was clustering. I`m so grateful I met Dr. Saxton. My life is back.Dr. Saxton`s office has MOVED 6221 Wilshire BlvdSte 419Los Angeles, CA 90048323 932-2575

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  She knows her stuff  |  show details
by happy patient on May 4th, 2010

Dr. Saxton really cares about her patients. She treats a wide range of pain disorders with compassion, caring and competence. I have seen her for 3 year now and am very happy with the care I receive. Her staff is very protective of her and can be a bit tough to deal with, but it is worth it to see her.