Dr. Ernestina Saxton MD Patient Reviews

3.6
  • 12 reviews

July 19th, 2016
The staff and doctors all work together, to make everything bearable. No matter what you are going through, you feel like all of the staff involved, are on the journey with you. I have never been treated like I am just the next patient on the list. The staff really does go above and beyond, as well as the doctors, to make you feel like you matter...

November 4th, 2015
Great Dr and Person, make you feel great just talking to her. Treats you like an individual and a person, not a number. I love being her patient.

September 24th, 2015
I THOUGHT she was a great doctor and then I SAW the REAL her!
I THOUGHT she was a great doctor and then I SAW the REAL her! I have headaches 24/7 and have for over 20 years, I also have epilepsy and a cyst in my brain. She started trying to treat my headaches by injecting Botox in my head numerous times/places and when I asked her about treatment/testing for my seizures and cyst in my brain she didn't know what I was talking about! WHAT!!! She was injecting me, treating me WITHOUT EVER READING MY NEUORLOGICAL HISTORY!!! When I asked about doing certain tests she told me she would order it and I waited months and never got a call and then when I saw her again I asked about the tests again and again the same thing happened, no one called about doing the tests before my next appointment so AGAIN I asked about the test and AGAIN SHE SAID she'd order them but this time I said I'd like a paper showing she is ordering it before I left AND SHE FLIPPED OUT. Now that I cornered her to give me a paper to prove what she has said appointment after appointment she now said she wasn't ordering it. WHAT? She was so sweet appointment after appointment to me until I held her accountable to do what she said she would time after time. Why lie to me over and over? Did she think I was too stupid to remember or never say anything? She also YELLED at me in front of the office manager Kim because I had written a complaint about her and treated me with a complete lack of respect. Her behavior has been not only crazy and unprofessional but medically negligent in my opinion. I believe doctors should read a patient's file before performing or prescribing a treatment and should not "pretend" to be helping a patient and tell them what they think someone wants to hear and make false promises, it's not only weird but it's wrong. I had to see her when I did because it was my only option with County insurance at that time. THANK GOD things are different now.

September 23rd, 2015
Dr Saxton is the best doctor I have ever been to!

August 19th, 2015
Her knowledge is exceptional and her concern for patient's well being is outstanding. The wait for appointments is worthwhile.

July 12th, 2015
Appointment July 10, 2015
I would never recommend Dr. Saxon! She is so rude and unproffesional! I had to wait 5 months between appointments and in the meantime, dealing with neck and back pain. Her bedside manner is lousy and acts indifferent about my concerns.

February 11th, 2015
I would NEVER recommend this doctor for several reasons. It's impossible to get a follow-up appointment within a reasonable amount of time; the doctor and/or her assistant do not return phone calls; it can be months before the results of tests and blood work can be known; her assistant has a defensive attitude. The doctor ordered a prescription which required that I give myself injections without telling me before hand. I found out from the pharmacy!! Then the assistant tried to back pedal to cover her mistake.

January 30th, 2014
My mother has severe back pain and had tests ordered by this doctor in November. She refused to see her until all the tests were completed. Now they are done and they have told her the next available appointment isn't until late March. It will be 5 1/2 months from the time she first saw her until she can get her opinion. The secretary told her there is no waiting list and she has no other options. This is not good medical care in my opinion.

December 5th, 2011
Totally fabricated medical history.
I am recalling an appointment with this "doctor" conducted in 2005. After beginning to provide her with a history that I could validate with reports and pictures; she soon stopped me and simply called me a liar. She claimed to know my true history such as experiencing migraine without aura; hearing swooshing noises; refusing a recommended surgery; seeking chiropractic manipulation of my cervical spine (what a brilliant idea on my part since I have idiopathic fusion of cervical vertebrae); and on and on. Total fabrication on her part. After obtaining a copy of her brilliant notes and conclusions she mysteriously disappeared after I sought to discuss with her her medical insight into my condition.Now her she is at UCLA either having failed in private practice or having never left.I would not see this woman if I were offered free lifetime care.Good luck to all.

July 20th, 2011
My doctor for 10 years
Dr Saxton has been my doctor for 10 years. She has helped me with numerous difficult situations. She sees very sick patients.When you see Dr Saxton she will take as much time as needed to listen, figure out a diagnosis that many other doctors have missed, give hugs when you need and want them and so much more.Dr Saxton rates 10 stars for me.

May 16th, 2011
Stay Away
Shameful doctor will only see patients if they are referred by ANOTHER doctor. So if you suffer from pain, headaches, etc. she could care less. Better have another doctor "refer" you, or you'll never be able to make an appointment. Why bother? This is Los Angeles, not Kansas. There's plenty of better qualified doctors that you can simply call and make an appointment. Guess she never got the memo that she's not the only game in town. How good could she be with such an idiotic business mentality?

May 4th, 2010
She knows her stuff
Dr. Saxton really cares about her patients. She treats a wide range of pain disorders with compassion, caring and competence. I have seen her for 3 year now and am very happy with the care I receive. Her staff is very protective of her and can be a bit tough to deal with, but it is worth it to see her.