Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Gravesend
Century Medical And Dental
260 Avenue X
Brooklyn, NY 11223
718-336-8855
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Staff in her office is HORRENDOUS!  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2014

Staff in this office is HORRENDOUS! I like this Doctor, but I decided never come back to her office again. During my last appointment, I mentioned to her that her staff was rude. She seemed surprised, told me that she would talk to them. Nothing changed. I have just got laughed at and they hang up on me in the middle of me asking a question. I have read other patients reviews on Rate Md web site and realized that others were also disrespected by her staff. The doctor does nothing to change that. She seems to be in denial and not understanding or not caring how her rude condescending staff affects her patients.

|  good doctor but terrible receptionists  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2011

Dr. Axelrod is very attentive and polite. The only negarive things i can say is about waiting time - which is never less then 1.5-2 hours. It makes no differenct what time of the day it is or what day it is. Even when i had some tests done under anestisia, without eating anyting - i had to wait more then 2 hours. But doctor did very good job during the test, no complications and no pain. Receptionsts are terrible and biller or maybe she is manager as she says is rude beyoung any expectations.

|  Come on...  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2011

Their staff is horrendous. They are rude and inconsiderate, this counts especially to a young girl upfront who thinks she knows everything and attempted to diagnose me with no probable cause ... the wait time is about 2 hours no matter what time your appt. is... The doctor herself, is courteous and tries to make it better but the staff and environment before going in (mind you, I waited almost 2 months for an appointment)is ridiculous; as someone who is in the medical field (and works in an office) this place is beyond unprofessional... while I was in the waiting room, another doctor (Dr. Bekker) came up and started debating a woman's condition Re: about how she recently had an abortion, this should be done in a ROOM, in PRIVACY!!!! ridiculous. We are human and deserve respect. I like this doctor and she seems to be respectful, but the staff and atmosphere and especially her partner sharing intimate details of another person's personal struggle is not looking too good.

|  show details
Jun 24th, 2010

I agree with a previous reviewer the doctor does not care at all about her patients.and yes, she can and will be rude to you e.g.hang up on you (yes, and i MEAN it)if you're not easy money for her and she actually has make an extra effort.I think this might be due to a fact that she has a busy practice right now but I dont think it will last if she continues the way she is.Her staff follows the way. I was in a waiting room when somebody called for an appointment and the first one they were offered was about 3 weeks away.I guess the caller expressed suprise to what the answer was " well do you want it or not?" that's REAL professional.

|  show details
by sk on Apr 18th, 2010

excellent compassionate doctor, and very friendly staff

|  worst doctor ever!  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2009

If you are looking for a caring, intelligent gyn PLEASE DO NOT GO TO SEE HER. You can not reach her in emergencies and does not give a hoot about her patients. She is rude to boot.