Overall Review

August 12th, 2016
Long term patient of Dr. Li
I have been a patient of Dr. Li for several years. I think he is extremely competent and thorough. His staff is caring and will answer all questions. I have had only positive experiences.

August 1st, 2016
Excellent Doctor.
I have been a patient of Dr Fan Li for 3 years and am so fortunate to have found him after I relocated to the Galveston area. I have a unique situation that most doctors wouldn't be able to accommodate. Dr Li and his staff took me in their practice and I have been treated with such professional care and all of my needs have been met by Dr Li as my primary care physician. He also listened to me when I was describing some symptoms that had worried me for some time. He ordered an MRI that led to the diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis. I had told doctors in the past the same information and they dismissed it. If it weren't for Dr. Li, I would be living with the disease, and wouldn't have begun the treatment that I had needed for so many years. I can't thank Dr Li and the staff of Mainland Primary Care enough for giving me the quality of life that I have today, and for literally saving me from the lingering questions about my overall Heath that had so long been ignored by other physicians. I highly recommend Dr Fan Li and the staff at MPC

November 20th, 2015
What most people can't say about their Dr's office experience. "PLEASANT"
I've been going to Dr. Fan Li's office for about 9 months or so, and from day one I noticed that this was different from my previous office visits from other Dr's offices, and I've been going to different Dr's for years. It wasn't like some assembly line where they just take your name and wait to be called. The staff greeted me with a HEARTY " GOOD MORNING" and even asked me how I was doing even before I was asked whom I was there to see. The nursing staff was very courteous and professional and I wasn't sitting there for 30 minutes to and hour or more that's not uncommon for most Dr's offices these days. Once weighed in and in examination room getting vitals done, I was surprised by the nurse asking me how have I been and what I was seeing the dr. for today. I know that that's their job, but you'd be surprised that some nurses just take your vitals and say that the Dr will be with you shortly and of they go on to the next person. When I met Dr Li he was very friendly and was thorough about asking me about my medical history and conditions. He has been giving me excellent care from day one and has continued to due so. He even on on occasion went out of his way helping me with a problem I had a saved me from having to pay extra out of pocket expenses. Now how many drs you know would have done that. He has stayed on top of my medical conditions and always treats me professionally with that touch of personal courtesy thrown in. I seriously recommend Dr Li and his staff if you're interested in a caring and professional staff, and you're looking for a "PLEASANT DR'S OFFICE EXPERIENCE"

November 11th, 2015
Dr. Merritt is my primary physician. However, I had to go to Mainland Center Hospital for an emergency and Dr. Li was my hospitalist. He was wonderful. He made sure that all of the bases were covered and I would see him again, if I didn't already have a wonderful PCP.

September 24th, 2015
Does NOT care about his patients
After 5 yrs of going to this doctor with one wrong word choice I was fired as a patient and banned from the clinic. What's crazy is it was to an office person. I feel like after all those loyal years they'd be a little more forgiving.

April 26th, 2012
New Patient
We were first time patients, so we execepted a longer than normal wait. The wait was longer than it had to be because an unexperienced medical assistant helped us at first. At leasat she seem to be an medical assistanct rather than an nurse. A more experience person came in to help and the process moved much faster after that. The doctor was very through, helpful and didnt rush. We will be seeing him again.