Dr. Federico Velez MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Los Angeles, CA

• Good
  • Bad

May 9th, 2017
Can't recommend highly enough!
This man is amazing. My daughter was born with a very complex eye condition to which every other doctor said nothing could be done. I was absolutely heartbroken. We started seeing Dr. Velez when she was about 6 months old and he has always been wonderful with her. He has performed 2 surgeries and we are absolutely thrilled with the results. If your child is having eye issues, PLEASE give him a chance to help you.

April 29th, 2016
Dr. Velez has the best bedside manner, he is so courteous and respectful, and he takes his time. My daughter has been his patient for 6 years now and we always leave UCLA stating how nice Dr. Velez is. We are lucky to have such an amazing physician.

January 24th, 2015
The best doctor I have ever had

June 17th, 2014
Respetuoso, Sabio y Humilde
Lo que mas llamo la atención de esta visita fue el hecho de que el Dr. Velez nos diera las gracias por haber llevado a nuestro hijo con el. Es un acto de humildad que solo los mas sabios lo tienen. Me pareció acertado en su diagnostico. Es el tercer doctor que ve a nuestro hijo y nos dio un diagnostico distinto pero muy convincente. Tuvimos que esperar casi tres meses para esta consulta, pero la espera valió la pena. Siento plenamente que nuestro hijo esta en las mejores manos.

November 18th, 2013
My daughter had zero results form her eye surgery previously.
After having three eye surgeries here in Ventura, with no results. I called UCLA, they made the appointment for me with Dr. Valez. After my daughters first surgery with him the results were amazing. I'm very pleased with him, Dr. Valez is also very sensitive, and patient with children. My daughter had Strabismus (crossed eyes). Dr. Valez is worth the drive, and any wait time you experience.

October 3rd, 2013
Dr. Velez is amazing. He is so caring, very thorough and I trust his opinion 100%. He has cared for my twins since they were tiny babies and sees them 2 times a year. He is just the nicest doctor we know and has amazing knowledge in his field. I would highly recommend him to anyone. The only drawback is usually the long appoinmtent time but that is due to him giving each patient so much of his time.

February 13th, 2013
Dr. Velez is a compassionate and caring doctor whom we feel lucky to be able to see. The only challenge is the long wait times. But he is worth the wait.

April 9th, 2012
4 stars!
The best doctor. He is very kind with my son Fernando.

October 21st, 2010
Gifted physician
a gifted doctor who really cares about patients and a talented surgeon. I refer everyone to him.

October 11th, 2010
Fantastic Doctor
Dr. Valez is an amazing doctor. He is so thorough and such a nice man. My 5 year old twins have been under his care since they were tiny little premies. The wait time is long but it's only because he really spends time with you and you never feel rushed with him. I would highly recommend him. Great, great doctor.

June 4th, 2010
Most Excellent Physician
Dr. Velez is wonderful pediatric doctor. He has the most impeccable manners and excels working with children. He explains what is going on in clear, easy-to-understand terms. He also teaches so he is up-to-date in the field. I highly recommend him.

December 30th, 2016