Dr. Frank Pettrone Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Frank Pettrone?

January 10th, 2017

Disappointed

Great doctor but availability is 2nd class. Scheduling is terrible and staff is rude.

April 13th, 2016

Yes and maybe?

Saw Dr.Pettrone after a jogging incident. He's nice and friendly, but I just was left so thirsty for a clear solution. Just felt I wasted time with the appointment - no clear direction regarding my torn meniscus. Just if you want, we can have surgery, if you don't maybe you can live with the pain?! The indifference is frustrating.

September 16th, 2015

Went in for an opinion on my ACL which had been feeling weird after I had torn it and had surgery on with a different Dr. He recommended another surgery to replace the ACL with cadaver. My knee feels worst than before, I have a huge, crooked and horrible scar. Also when he stitched up the cut he overlapped the skin. I would not recommend Dr Pettrone, worst decision I ever made to go to him! There are a lot of good ortho surgeons around. Do your homework and read their reviews (something I failed to do).

July 22nd, 2015

I've seen dr Petrine for several knee surgeries. He's always been very thorough and explained the issues and risks in every procedure. I can't recommend him more highly. My ACL reconstruction and bunyonectomy (yes, he does toes too!) were hugely successful

November 23rd, 2013

never again

careless about patient need.

October 23rd, 2013

Do not recommend at all

Im 18 and tore my shoulder labrum from 3-6 o'clock in a game after falling on it. Had surgery from Pettrone in April, recovery was horrible and I was in bad shape for over a month. Pettrone removed me from Physical Therapy after 1 1/2 months, despite the objection of my physical therapist who said I was not far along. Pettrone then instructed me to begin lifting and playing lacrosse on my own. I didn't listen to this as I did not feel comfortable or ready to be doing such a thing. My pain did not go away and in fact, increased following surgery. I am a D1 athlete and play lacrosse. 6 months later and I have not been able to run or play since my surgery. I finally got another MRI a few weeks ago and found out that my labrum is extensively re-torn and one of my three anchors came out of the bone and is in my tissue. This is extremely frustrating, painful, ridiculous, and unfortunate. Do not go to Dr. Pettrone for shoulder surgery.

May 8th, 2013

Efficient Effective and Caring Doctor

Had to go in for atheroscopic surgery on my left knee. Dr Pettrone is a clearly well-educated and experienced orthopedist that is friendly (enough), prompt, courteous, and efficient. I use the word efficient b/c it doesn't seem like he wastes much time. At the same time, I didn't feel rushed either. He was straight to the point and spent a little time educating me about the injury, the prognosis, and my options.

July 18th, 2012

Diagnosis

Went to this doctor after snapping the tendon in my upper thigh a year and a half ago. My entire leg stiffened up and was painful to walk. Dr. Pettrone said I had a strained muscle and not a tendon. I could feel the tendon and see the damage it had done, but he recommended I take anti-inflammatories and do physical therapy. I knew it was more than just a strained muscle, so instead I did light exercises at home which just made it hurt more and took a few pills, but not the recommended dosage he gave me. I didn't go back and my leg is still not healed. I have reduced the pain on my own, but it's by no means fixed. Strained muscles heal in a matter of a few weeks; this is no strained muscle! I wouldn't recommend Dr. Pettrone as an accurate doctor.

June 21st, 2010

Dr. Pettrone does not listen to what you have to say. He is somewhat condescending during the appointment. Get an MRI before you have surgery in case something does not go right, that is all I can say.

February 9th, 2017