A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Franklin Chen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Franklin Chen is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Chen
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Chen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Franklin Chen, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Chen graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Chen has 3 hospital affiliations:
- John F Kennedy Medical Center
- Jfk Hospital, Edison
- Jfk Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Franklin Chen MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 22 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. Franklin Chen practice?
- Dr. Franklin Chen has 1 office location.
Dr. Franklin Chen practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Edison, NJ.
See Edison Surgeons and Edison Orthopedic Surgeons.