Dr. Fred Howard III Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Fred Howard III?

May 5th, 2017

The Best around if you really need help

This man saved my life. I was bitten by a spider and really had no idea I had been bit. Un willing I went to see him one morning forced by my wife, and he said I needed something done NOW not tomorrow first thing. He said the hospital is right back there and I will be there in a half hour to do surgery. And he was and did the surgery in fact a few of them as I went into a coma for 20 some days. Even though the odds me making it were very slim he continued to do everything possible . The fact that I can be here to write the review is beyond amazing let alone that I have no issues with any thing from this surgery at all. God Bless the fact that we have this much talent and a person who truly cares in Polk county. He is the man!!!

November 5th, 2015

I had Dr. Howard several years ago for adhesion surgery which landed me in the hospital for days . He has the most Awesome bedside manner and truly cares for his patients. Not just Hi, $50 please.

February 8th, 2015

Dr. Howard did fine in performing my gall bladder surgery... however at HIS request I let him perform a nisan fundoplication (stomach wrap) to stop my acid reflux 3 months later, that turned out to be a total disaster. I was supposed to go home the next day, however he punctured one lung & it collapsed, the other lung was filled with water & blood, I couldn't breathe, my stomach ended up in my chest and I almost died! This was on a Friday & the doctor was out of town at a swim meet til Monday so I was put on "hold" over the weekend. I was on life support for several days, ended up having to have 2 more surgeries by his associate, Dr. Speyerer.. (since my husband refused to let Howard touch me again), one to fix the first surgery & another a month later, because I was filled with infection, that was causing me terrible spasms. Dr. Howard thought it was just a pulled muscle, & gave me muscle relaxers that did nothing. I ended up at Winter Haven Hosp. 38 days, and for the next 6 months had constant vomiting & was shuttled back and forth between W. Haven Hosp. & Tampa General Hospital several times. My acid reflux is much worse than it ever was before surgery, but at least the vomiting has stopped as long as I stay on Aciphex. I lost a total of 42 lbs & went from 146 to 104 lbs. My husband was frantic the whole time. The whole experience was horrible and we will never, ever recommend Dr. Howard to anybody!

July 28th, 2013

patient

i liked every thing about dr.he was my daughter was a patient of dr howard for five years . iwould not have traded him for any other doctors. he was the best. if i ever need surgery , dr howard will be the one

February 25th, 2013

surguries

he has butchered me, my friend and boyfriend, i'm sorry i have nothing good to say about him , i pray that he is not your surgeon! run fast! i cant count many hernias we all got after his operations! i would not recommend him!

October 31st, 2012

Mainer

Great doctor..wonderful man!

May 27th, 2011

i was diagnosed with a devastasting disease last year. Dr. Howard went above and beyond with his care for me AND my family. He is an extremely compentent, caring and compassionate doctor and person. We can't thank him enough for how he treated me and my family. His nurse Suzie is also very knowledgable, caring and also compassionate and was a life saver with some of the situations I had to face in the past year. I dont think I would have been able to get through this awful, traumatic time of my life without these 2 earthly angels. thank you so much.

April 12th, 2010

The Best

Dr. Howard is a caring person who not only understands your problem but does his best in solving it.

August 19th, 2017