Psychiatrists

10921 Wilshire Blvd
Ste 514
Los Angeles, CA 90024
310-209-3381
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

|  Administrative Staff completely inept and rude  |  show details
by Rachel on Jan 13th, 2014

Dr. Silver's administrative staff is ignorant and incapable of processing basic paperwork at the cost of their patients. His staff failed to properly submit an insurance claim. The services were 100% covered by my insurance provider, however more information and supporting documentation was requested. Instead of being compliant and following up, his office staff decided to sit on it for over 2 years and let it accrue interest charges before sending it to a Collections Agency. Dr. Silver's office will hold patients responsible for charges that should be paid out by the insurance company. I am now being harrassed by a Collector for an outstanding amount of over 2k. I am trying to assist with the insurance claim so Dr. Silvers can receive payment, however his office admin. refuses to return my calls or provide any type of document or support.

|  Weird guy, good with meds  |  show details
May 9th, 2013

I agree with many of the other writers that he's a really weird guy personally, however he is excellent for medication management and knows a lot more than the average psychiatrist on this topic. Usually very late for your appointment but will always see you immediately in an emergency which is a problem I've had with previous doctors.

|  Best Doctor  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2012

He tells it like it is. He won't skirt around the issue or coddle you. Instead, he tries to get at the heart of the issue and help you grow as a person within yourself. If you want someone to just listen, then this is not the doctor for you. He will dialogue with you to try and FIX the issue, not just put a temporary band aid on it with medicine.

|  New patient, in need of depression meds, kept waiting more than one hour, and therefore left office  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2012

After numerous calls with Dr. Silvers' courteous office staff, in order to make an initial appointment for him to review my case for continuation of necessary anti-depression medication, I arrived on time for the scheduled appointment, but after waiting 65 minutes to see this $500 per hour doctor, I left his office. This situation bespeaks lack of professionalism and arrogant disregard for the a new patient.

|  unprofessional and not caring  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2011

I agree with other reviewers that said he talks too much about himself. Usually had to wait 45 minutes or more inside my car (his office is in his house). Dr. Silvers also made unappropriated comments at times and made staying alone in the room with him very uncomfortable. Although he seems knowledgeable I would not recommend his services. He is like a genius professor that can't teach and make you feel too stupid to learn.

|  Unprofessional, do not see this doctor!  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2011

Very unprofessional. This doctor mixes way too much of his personal life with his treatment. You feel you can open up to him because of his "cool" personality but as you proceed to let him in he completely uses it against you. He talks way too much about himself instead of using a professional manor and discussing your issues at hand. I often felt uncomfortable telling him things, I didn't feel as though I could trust him even though he tries to make you feel you can. His appointments run longer than an hour and in turn you are billed for it. I was billed an extensive amount more for different appointments when they all ran the same amount of time which made me feel I was getting ripped off, he had no documentation for those certain visits. Work with a different doctor!!

|  Unprofessional, waste of time, move on...  |  show details
May 25th, 2011

Unprofessional approach to working with patients. Wasted 2 months of my time. I called for an appointment, and was scheduled 3 weeks out for my initial appointment. The HOUR before of the appointment, I received notice that it was canceled due to the Dr.'s illness. That was OK, I asked to reschedule but they told me they needed to get back to me. Over a week later, they called back only to tell me they would no longer accept my insurance. But I was welcome to come in again (and wait another 3 weeks) if I would pay $300 out of pocket.

|  Abusive - Watch out for this one  |  show details
by Alex on May 10th, 2011

This doctor needs to learn to listen and not abuse patients. He has a nice office though..perfect office for someone with an ego that gets his kicks off of keeping others down. He is an intelligent person, overly developed intelligence at the expensive of empathy. BTW also expect to be put on the latest designer drugs as he's closely affiliated with all the pharma companies and the girls they send in their. What happens behind those doors I'm not sure, but your insurance company is paying for it. Tell you that.Don't believe me? Go try him. But pay careful attention to your feelings and make sure you have somebody else to talk to about your visits, or you might just find yourself lower than where you started.Good luck.

|  Dr. Silvers  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2011

Dr. Silvers staff is very responsive and answers all questions and concerns about medication. The fees are reasonable considering his depth of experience, education, and his involvement in current neurological research.

|  Worst ive ever been treated by an office  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2010

-First visit: rescheduled then I still waited over 2 hours in the waiting room.-Many reschedules before they could get me in to a 2nd appointment. Lots of cancellations as I was already on my way over.-2nd appointment: 45 min wait. The doctor is a pretty nice guy but what can get done in 2 appointments?-about 4 more appointments canceled on me. When I finally got to the building without a call they said hes going to be another 30 minutes. I waiting a little, then they said sorry he has cancelled all his appointments for today.At this point I am done trying to see this doctor.I saw him twice and was basically unable to schedule more. I see this as stealing, he will take my big start up fee cost of 2 appointments then I can't even schedule more. Doctor never even called me to apologize.

|  Medicine prescriber, makes you wait  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2010

This doctor has a great quirky personality, but he is never ever ever on time, he cancels frequently, he talks more about himself than he asks you about you, and he is always quick to prescribe medication. Just not a true caring doctor. I would NOT recommend this doctor.

|  Best doctor I have ever been  |  show details
Jul 4th, 2010

Dr. Silvers is extremely smart and honest. He helped me more in 3 months than all the doctors I had seen before combined. He doesn't just want to see you, prescribe a medication and move on to the next patient, he spent time listening to me and really made me feel that he cares. More than a great doctor, Dr. Silvers is an amazing human being.

|  Best Dr. in LA  |  show details
by Stella J at Insider Pages on Jul 4th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Silvers has helped me a lot. He is caring, ease to communicate and extremely knowledgeable. His secretary, Cristina, is friendly and al...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com