Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

bio show details bio
Jan 12th, 2016

After 16 months and multiple trips to various doctors A co-worker recommended Dr Maale. The office staff was friendly and quick to get me an appointment. The first meeting Dr Maale was able to give me a diagnose within a few minutes of speaking with him. I was sent for several tests to confirm the diagnoses. He performed the surgery and I'm on the road to recovery. Before finding out about Dr Maale I had been to the Mayo Clinic. They wanted to amputate my leg within minutes of our conversation. I can't thank Dr Maale enough for saving my leg.

Nov 3rd, 2015

Rude, Too busy to talk, you feel you are not worthy of his time Personality of a snake. If you like snakes.......

Sep 9th, 2015

great treatment feel fantastic great job

Jul 23rd, 2015

Dr. Maale is a brilliant surgeon and did an excellent job on the knee revision. He is knowledgeable and concientous. But he is always in a hurry and I usually leave thinking,,I meant to ask him something but he was in and out so quickly that there was no time, He is all business!

by Burnadette Miranda on Mar 31st, 2015

he has treated me since 89 and has done a wonderful job on me he did both of my knee replacements and hip replacements among other surgeries of bone tumor removals.

Won't admitt mistake show details Won't admitt mistake
Mar 11th, 2015

I had a total knee operation some time back. A serious mistake was made during the operation. I recovered but am left with a serious problem. I tried to see him to talk about it and see what my options were. He denied that it occurred. He said, the Xrays say you are fine. I said just look at me, anyone can see I'm not fixed. He said, The xrays say you are fine so your fine and walked out, both times I came to talk with him. There was no yelling I just wanted to know what happened and what to do. I saw other Orthopedic Drs., all apologized for my problem. Both said he must have been in too big a hurry at the end of the day. One said, I can see no other explanation other than he forgot. I only wanted him to explain to me what happened and what I should do. He is very rude. I think he feels he can treat patients however he pleases because of the Texas State Tort Reform Laws. It is very hard to sue a Dr. in Texas, if you are retired, disabled, or otherwise not working. Lawyers say if they can't add loss of wages to their formula, its not worth it to them to sue. It is to me, I'm left with a permanent disability, but that doesn't matter to them. When Lawyers can't and don't police our Drs. then no one does! They darn sure don't police themselves. ,,Then Drs. like Dr Maale can treat you how they will, mistakes and all, and are not worried about the consequences. I'm sure he has his good days as evidenced by some of the other comments here. But he has some very bad days too and those are the ones you have to worry about. So, if you're a Gambler,... well then.. Good Luck.

Gave me my life back! show details Gave me my life back!
by Sonja on Mar 3rd, 2014

Dr. Maale studies each case before he accepts each patient. When he accepted me, I was so sick! MRSA had invaded my right knee replacement. I figured he would recommend surgery right away. He got an infection specialist on board to get the infection localized to the metal only, and I felt much better. He did a one stage revision with the most amazing knee. It will not dislocate! I should know. It has turned 180 degrees and my husband had to put it back. I am out living life again! I am doing Zumba, yogalates, preparing to walk a 5 K, did a fitness Bootcamp, and am going to try spin class next. I am swimming for time and working out 5 days a week! I weighed 435 pounds at one point, now I am down to 263.2 and going down! I love living and being active again! I changed the way I eat and I feel like a million bucks! Thank you Dr. Maale! You are one in a million!!!

Dec 29th, 2008

terrific at his field. Just do not expect any hand holding. VERY little time explaining problem and no bedside manner. I recommend taking a note pad. If you are lucky you will get thru some of your questions.