Internist, Geriatric Specialist (elderly care)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  The Doctor I Trust with my LIFE  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2012

Office appointments are promptly kept and easy to get. Dr. Chen has an excellent education and medical background and training, and it shows. I had bunches of doctors in three different hospitals, with a wide range of abilities and qualifications as you would expect. Most doctors Hmmm and Hahhh, scratch their heads and tug their beards, ask more questions and order more tests. Dr. Chen is able to assess generally, arrive at specific conclusions and/or concerns, and give intelligent directions and a plan of action. **This is important; Dr Chen tells you what you need to know and what to do about it. Other doctors I've had are bystanders doing the absolute minimum required or worse do everything because they don't know, milking the insurance whilst they fumble around; taking the credit if you improve or dumping you in the hospital when you don't. [Yes Dr. Gold, this means YOU; and yes I think you are a moron and yes I think you paid 5,000 rubles for your black market medical license] If you've read this far and are searching the internet for a doctor, it's because you want a good one or have a bad one. If you believe that advanced medical information, knowledge and skills deftly applied without delay can make a massive difference, then you are wiser than I was June 27, 2009 when I needed a good doctor and didn't have one. If you think you are going to get sick with something that any 'ol doctor can cure, then just take any 'ol doctor the computer assigns you based on your geographic proximity--just think of all the gas money you'll save. OR, you could save yourself the time and trouble, the expense and misery, the worry and conflict; do what I did after I did everything else first. GET SCAN Medicare Advantage insurance; CHOOSE UCLA med group; REQUEST DR. GRACE I. CHEN as primary care physician (PCP). By doing this I believe you will receive an exceptional medical experience and result. Of course, this means that you will probably get superior medical care than 99% of everybody else which is sad; to ward off my guilty conscience I have written this review and am advising everyone on how to get the same care I do. Kindest Regards,P.S. It's a good idea to use Costco Pharmacy for the low prices. Get 6 and 12 month supplies of generic drugs, paying out of pocket CASH (DON'T use the insurance) will save pre-doughnut hole insurance for the expensive brand name drugs and is cheaper than the co-pays anyway. Finally, if you need them, the Sam's Club generic adult pull-ups are comfortable and cheap and they don't leak--better than the national brand.