Dr. Gregory Branham MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 18th, 2015
I wouldn't do it again
I took my daughter for a revision of a scar that resulted from a fall when she was a just a toddler that left a punctured deeply depressed scar on her forehead. Even though it was small it was quite noticeable because of its depth. My daughter who is now in her late teens was ready to get the scar fixed and Dr. Branham’s credentials seem to fit the bill, especially based on all the amazing pictures of revised scars – before/after pictures on his website. To make the long story short, after Dr. Branham’s revision, the little scar is no longer as deep but still is just as noticeable because it is at least twice as wide but still recessed. What used to be one pitted scar, looks like two pitted scars – albeit shallower. In my research, I came upon a textbook in plastic surgery and a couple of things mentioned is to make sure the incision will result in a no-tension closure so that the endings do not end up with “dog ears” and that the stitches not be so tight that they leave “railroad tracks”. Both of these occurred in the surgery scar that Dr. Branham created. In fact, right after the surgery when my daughter removed the bandage that night to change it, my heart fell to my stomach when I saw the kind of work that was done. I saw the very tight tension in the middle (so tight in fact that it looks like it would tear the skin) and I could see the gaping ends (i.e., dog ears). In listening to Dr. Branham, you get the impression that he really knows what he is talking about and I believe he does --- but the knowledge unfortunately did not translate to hand skills – at least not in my daughter’s case. The dermabrasion helped but definitely not enough. It is still a noticeably depressed and irregular scar. He knows I am disappointed and he admitted then that his expertise is more on rhinoplasty. I wished he admitted this to me before he took on my daughter’s case. For readers, do your due diligence. Ask for references – previous clients who had similar type of surgery, get two or three or those and ask to see their before and after pictures. And just as importantly, listen to your gut feeling – it’s a very fleeting feeling so pay close attention to it. Don’t rely solely on credentials (though those are very important but not enough) and what’s on the website. Ask lots of questions. Don’t assume that the pictures on the website are the doctor’s patients. That I still don’t know as I never asked – for it was too late for us. It is one of the most distressing experiences of my life.

August 18th, 2012
Dr. Branham seemed very knowledgeable but personally my gut feeling was off. His personal health appearance was an issue for me and he didn't seem trustworthy.

May 3rd, 2012
I would recommend Dr. Branham without hesitation. He was very thorough and sensitive to my concerns in a completely professional mannor. His follow-through was exceptional. I felt completly confident in his care and could not have been happier with my results.

May 2nd, 2012
Excellent doctor
Very professional and caring. Took the time to listen to my complex issues regarding my revision rhinoplasty. Surgery went very well and had less bruising and overall a better experience than when I had my first rhinoplasty.

July 7th, 2011
Excellent doctor and staff
After a MOHS procedure that did not go according to expectations, my dermatologist had to get me in to a plastic surgeon asap. Dr. Branham took me the SAME day as a new patient, and operated the next. I've had numerous follow-ups and he's always on-time (never waited even 5 mins); he inquires about parallel issues (i.e. he lit a fire under my dermatologist to get some results back); very professional yet personable; professional staff; excellent results. What could have been a very disfiguring situation is almost not noticeable now. Not sure how you can improve on that, thus the 5 stars.

December 5th, 2010
No grasp of patient desires, complex rhinoplasty & revision issues
Dr. Branham seems to lack either the understanding or skills to tackle complex rhinoplasty issues.I went to him for a rhinoplasty revision. I had more than one issue that needed addressed. He was only able to correct two minor issues and seemed to ignore the larger issues.If you look at Dr. Branham's photo gallery you'll see that his results are very subtle. At consultation I told Dr. Branham that I didn't want the expense of surgery, the pain and recovery period of a surgery just to end up with a result that wasn't noticeable.I stated also that I wanted my nose to look a lot different after surgery. My nose doesn't look a lot different. In fact it looks remarkably the same but larger and more bulbous due to the larger amount of scar tissue inside.Even though I discussed my wishes and he seemed to understand and agree to do what I asked, per his computer generated "after" results, he was unable to deliver a satisfactory result. The most shocking thing about my surgery is that Dr. Branham seems to think the surgery was a success. Because of that I have to believe he either doesn't care what his patients want or he's delusional.My nose looks nothing like the computer generated "after" photo. The tip of my nose is not near where it was supposed to be. The bridge of my nose is not slightly concave or even concave at all like it was supposed to be. I'm left with a hump in the bridge of my nose that Dr. Branham was supposed to remove.Because of my unsatisfactory results and because Dr. Branham seems to be satisfied with the results, I don't recommend Dr. Branham. I have to believe that there are better plastic surgeons in the St. Louis area who actually attempt to do what the patient wants and wish I would have keep looking for one.

July 20th, 2010
Wonderful experience. Great surgeon. Very pleased with my results.