Dr. Hal Shimazu Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Hal Shimazu?

October 31st, 2016

I have referred family members to Dr. Shimazu, M.D. That would explain everything on how I feel about my doctor.

May 25th, 2016

Dr. Shimazu has with important issues, has called me at home as late as 9:00 P.M. Great Doctor!

March 3rd, 2015

EX patient of Dr. Shimazu

Dr. Shimazu appears to be a very well liked doctor if you read his other posted reviews. During my 5 visits during a two year time frame, he NEVER sat more than 10 minutes. During my visits, he appeared to be flustered due to his computer illiteracy, often cursing his office for implementing an online patient automation history look up. Guess he's one of those doctors who prefers to sift through a stack of documents to read your history. If I had more than two concerns, he would want you to make another appointment which I thought to be odd. Those in the working field can't afford to keep taking time off and schedule a visit for each and every individual concern. In my heart I really want to give Dr. Shimazu the highest of ratings but I just can't for reasons listed above. It appears his office overbooks him and he's just going through patients like cattle - not what I wanted from a family physician. After making the decision of leaving Dr. Shimazu, I searched hard and found another equally well liked and qualified doctor who is quite the opposite to Dr Shimazu, in terms of his bedside manners. Since my early teens (I'm now in my 50's) of seeing numerous doctors for one reason or another, while there are certain things such has excessive wait times will never change, glad that there are doctors who are patients and really take the time to spend with their patients to hear them out. thanks for taking the time to read my review

December 24th, 2013

Top Doctors of Orange County

Dr. Shimazu has been my primary care doctor for almost thirty years. He is the most intelligent primary care doctor. He was voted the Top Doctors of Orange County for the last few years. Nowadays, finding a primary care doctor who listens, still calls you at home and able to refer you to the right specialty doctors is extremely important. If you are not happy with you current doctor, I suggest you to see him.

June 12th, 2013

Excellent Diagnostician

Dr. Shimazu was the only physician to diagnose my Lyme Disease. I had visited several prominent Orange County infectious disease specialists and one rheumatologist who could not figure out or misdiagnosed my pathology. I was successfully treated and recovered 100% after suffering for years with this painful, crippling disease. He is the best!

July 7th, 2012

The Smartest Doctor I Know

All my families go to him. He is the best, most intelligent doctor we know.

March 2nd, 2012

Wish he would look at me instead of his computer - seems like an assistant could be typing information instead of the Dr. so he could spend his valuable time with the patient. Otherwise, I really respect his expertise and will continue driving long distance to see him.

September 21st, 2011

Physician of Excellence

I just moved to OC and needed a good doctor. I have been asking around for a few months and Dr. Shimazu's name continues to be given to me. I finally went to see him. I do have to wait a little. But, I guess you have to wait for the best. He is very thorough and asking a lot of smart questions in regards to my family medical history. I also understand he has awarded Physician of Excellence for many many years

July 30th, 2011

Conscientious Perfectionist

Our four family members have been to Doctor Shimazu for about twenty years now. He is just the best doctors we have ever known. We are also a medical family. The reputation of this doctor is impeccable. We believe he has been voted "The Best Doctor of Orange County" for consecutive years. Although the wait is sometimes long, but it is a sign of a good doctor whom everyone wants to see.

April 19th, 2011

The Best

He takes care many of my family members and friends of the family. They all agree that he is just the best doctor in OC

February 15th, 2011

The best doctor in OC

He is the most conscientious doctor.

November 1st, 2010