Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

220 N Sykes Creek Pkwy
Ste 200
Merritt Island, FL 32953
321-459-1446
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Denied  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2013

My wife chose Dr. Helmy based on his years of experience and good patient reviews. After learning that we do not have insurance, the office staff instructed us to go to our "primary" doctor for referral. When I explained that we do not have a "primary" doctor, they suggested that we find one. I then asked if I would be able to make an appointment with Dr. Helmy and was told "no". Sad and disappointing. I'm not sure why a doctor would turn away someone in need of their medical expertise. This is the world we live in.

|  Amazing Doctor  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2012

Dr. Helmy is an excellent doctor. I have been to so many doctors who really seem to just be in it for the money and squeeze as much money out of you as possible....this is not Dr. Helmy. Dr. Helmy is a kind, gentle, caring doctor. He takes his time with you and gets everything done extremely quick. At my first appointment he sent me right after my appointment across the street to get an MRI stat and then he told me to return to his office right after the MRI....I returned to his office after the MRI and he diagnosed me with a SLAP tear in my right shoulder and he scheduled surgery TWO days after my initial appointment! AMAZING. All I can say is if you are looking for a doctor who truly cares about you, actually listens to you then Helmy is the man for the job. My husband and I love, love, love him.

Nov 16th, 2011

I HAVE HAD EXCELLENT RESULTS FROM THE KNEE REPLACEMENT THAT HE PERFORMED. i HATE THE WAIT IN THE OFFICE BUT HE DOESN'T RUSH WHEN I AM WITH HIM. SO OVERALL VERY HAPPY WITH THE WHOLE EXPECIENCE

|  love him  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2011

Dr. Helmy has done 2 total knee replacements, carpal tunnel release on right hand, work with other patients who have had: Thump joint replacement, Total shoulder replacements (2) and other surgery's. Yes the wait is long but he takes time with everyone. He is an excellent doctors and a wonderful, caring man.

Jan 5th, 2011

Dr Helmy operated on my lower back on short notice with an excellent outcome. He extended his (and others') work hours to handle it promptly, and follow-up was excellent. Wait times can be long at his office, but that is apparently due to his willingness to spend the time that he finds necessary with each patient.My son's experience was less good, as Dr Helmy diagnosed his problem as less severe than it was. Following Dr Helmy's advice, my son lost partial use of a finger.

Aug 20th, 2010

i am very happy with dr helmy. never once doubted any advise he gave me. he was very accurate on my diagnosis. found a solution and has been by my side all the way. very caring and compasionate. love him for it.

|  Dr Helmy ruined my life and career  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2009

He put in a hip too long, set it out too far and twisted it to the point that I have to live in constant pain and cannot work. This diagnosis has come from two other specialists.I DO NOY recommend this doctor to anyone. He needs to retire! NOW