Anesthesiologist (pain control)

2.5

Negative show details Negative
Apr 5th, 2015

Dr. Hector F. Rodriguez went to the University of Guadalajara, Mexico. He's am American. He's American born and raised. His mother is 100% American. He wasn't smart enough to attend an American medical school, so he had to go out of the country to Mexico. University of Guadalajara in Mexico only takes 2 years to finish medical school. American medical schools take 6 years. He's not qualified to be a doctor. Statistics prove that Las Vegas, NV has the worse doctors in America. They all end up in Las Vegas. Hector has been fired from several medical groups for being incompetent.

I have never been treated so badly show details I have never been treated so badly
by J from NV on Jun 1st, 2013

I was referred to this dr for pain mgmt - I have had chronic pain and headaches for nearly 20 years. I have NEVER taken an illegal drug nor have I ever taken more meds than RX'd to me, never failed a drug test or displayed an ounce of drug seeking behavior. However, within 2 minutes of meeting me, he suggested I may be in pain from herpes because "you were, after all, 23 when this started...and single". Uh...no. Even at 23, I was monogamous! Then, within 5 minutes, stood up, got in my face and arbitrarily began screaming at me that I am a drug addict. Wait...WHAT?!?!?! The form I had to complete before my visit which "determined" the likelihood of me being an addict gave me a score of TWO - out of 100! Told me he would be taking me off all my meds and that I would have to just suck it up and "learn to live with the pain and depression". I asked about getting a referral to a rheumatologist because of positive blood tests for lupus and because another dr suggested that I needed a rheumy more than anything and he said I had NO symptoms to justify it. I asked about the possibility of having CFS since I have nearly EVERY symptom and he said it was impossible. Also said I was in pain because I am overweight and do not exercise. He did not ask me IF I do or do not exercise. Also, my appointment was at 11AM; I was told to come 45 minutes early or my appt would be canceled; I came prepared with complete paperwork, but sat and waited until after 2PM. Partially because (the nurse told me this) he went to get lunch before seeing me. I didn't leave until 3:20PM. BTW, today was his last day at the Elko, NV Pain Clinic. Judging by his vast LACK of knowledge and his erratic, disrespectful behavior, I tend to believe the other reviews which said he is a pot smoker and drug addict. I have NEVER been treated so badly - even by my ex husband who nearly beat me to death - in my entire life. If you're told he will be treating you, I don't care what you have to do....do not go to this man. He puts a huge black eye on the medical community. Not surprised he went to a 3rd rate med school and cannot pass NV state board. It is frightening that the state of NV and NE NV Regional Medical Center or any other facility for that matter, would allow him to practice medicine at all.

Nov 1st, 2012

Great Doctor!

NOT Board Certified show details NOT Board Certified
Sep 20th, 2010

Hector Rodriguez, a Marijuana smoking, drug addict, can't get into an American Medical School--- Loser. Find a real doctor. Would you want your life in the hands of someone who is high?

Find a different doctor. show details Find a different doctor.
Jun 3rd, 2010

Dr. Hector Rodriguez is not board certified. He can't pass the Nevada Medical exams. Find another doctor.