Dr. Heidi Stephens MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Tampa, FL

2.7

April 18th, 2017
Needs to retire!
These other reviews are spot on. Dr. Stephens is a miserable person in general. She spends very little time with you as a patient, can't remember what she recommended in previous visits and wouldn't listen to my previous medical history or review my records. Her treatment plan for a torn tendon with severe tendonitis was to take two Aleve twice a day. I requested her to order an MRI but couldn't get the results from her after I had it done. I had to physically go get my records to be able to see the results since she wouldn't return my calls. Please do not waste your time, money or energy on seeing her. Your health and sanity are more valuable.

January 18th, 2015
Very rude physician, never touched my foot, merely looked at it and "diagnosed" me. Was condescending about my prior surgeon and surgery. Never asked if I had any questions. Turns out her diagnosis was completely wrong. She needs to retire.

December 29th, 2014
Horrific experience. Got an infection and she dropped me as a patient. Never been so sick. In hospital for 8 days still on IVs with picc line. HORRIBLE person. No concern...no compassion. Called her about pain and sickness she ignored it. Told me to take ibuprofen. She drops you if you have any problem. Only now that I have had this problem have I heard countless other stories of her lack of compassion and how she drops patients that get infections or have any problems. Stay away! She is abusive, elitist and totally uncaring and I am not over stating. I have a bone and blood infection and had to be taken by abulance to the hospital because she refused to help me. Never even knew a doctor could or would do that. Stay away from her

December 17th, 2014
Avoid
I was excited at first to see a female surgeon. I thought she would be more gentle and compassionate than a male. Wrong! She didn't even listen to what my problem was. She assumed (wrongly) what had happened in the past. She didn't care to correct her misconceptions. She ordered an MRI because I insisted, but three months later, my insurance company is still waiting for her to call them with further information.