Dr. Hemant Shah MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 28th, 2013
Pain Relief Without the Stress
I have been a patient of Dr Shah's for a couple of years. I have failed cervical fusion, degenerative disc disease in my lumbar and now a new herniated disc. I have tried physical therapy and I still go and of course was hesitant about any type of pain medication but at this point it is necessary. Dr. Shah is kind, compassionate and has eased my fears about any and all procedures he has performed regarding my physical ailments. If you are looking for a physician that has your best interest at heart then look no further. Dr. Shah listens and carefully manages your pain and will not perform or suggest anything that will not benefit you. About the Staff, all I can say is entertaining. If they are running late due to trying to accommodate their patients they will graciously apologize and try to make you as comfortable as possible. They are all professional and funny and his Assistant Debra is AMAZING! She always makes me laugh and if I go in feeling down in the dumps she always manages to cheer me up.

April 2nd, 2013
Patient
It is an honor for me to give you a review of this very compassionate, capable & knowledgeable doctor. I have been in pain management for over ten years for a chronic illness. Dr Shaw was the first doctor I had who really took the time to get to know me. He was also the first to actually TREAT my illness. Before him, I felt like an assembly lined patient. I would go in, see the Dr for two minutes (if I was lucky, most times it was the PA) & was sent home with a prescription. Dr Shaw again, took the time to make an actual treatment plan for me & under his careful care, I finally have a big chunk of my quality of life back that I had lost before. I cannot begin to tell you what a huge difference that has made for me & my family. He is a Doctor that truly cares & his staff is also phenomenal. Debra started a little while after I began Dr Shaw's patient & she is a truly outstanding medical assistant. I always feel welcomed & cared for, informed & understood. In a life where EVERYTHING is effected by how you feel, I really am grateful that compassionate caregiver's like Dr Shaw & his staff are there to make even the bad day's just a little bit better.

July 11th, 2012
Scott Allen/ Thanks Dr. Shah
I am glad to give my review of an amazing doctor a real doctor. Dr. Shah has a caring, pleasant demeanor and LISTENS to me, not just talks to me. I have a very bad back injury and I am young. I don't have the resources and I am not a good candidate for surgeries. I just have to deal with pain. Without meds., which I attempted not to take for the first 6mo., but quickly found I'm not able to function normally in order to survive. He didn't go overboard, but gradually gave me my life back. Staff is better than awesome too. Thank You All.

October 31st, 2011
Dr. Shah actually sat down and spent the time to go thru his plan and laid out every step. Learned more in 30 minutes with him then with 2 years with my previous doctor. Highly recommend

April 14th, 2011
Best Dr. in Jacksonville, Florida
A very good Dr. who listens to his patients. He also explains what his plan of treatment is. Very Trustworthy

November 15th, 2008