Dermatologist

29 Fox Street
Ste. 4
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
(845) 473-2350
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Horrible Dr. Uytendaele and Hudson Valley Dermatology  |  show details
by Rebecca on Nov 7th, 2013

I was being treated by Dr. Uyttendaele, for psoriasis he saw me once prescribed a cream, a steriod cream. Did not instruct on how to use - should not have used it as much I was, and in turned it caused Cushing's syndrome. (I was on this cream for 3 years) He would only prescribe the one cream and did not try others. It was suggested that I try the laser treatment, which was time consuming and costly and DID NOT WORK. Not once did he see me during the laser treatments to see how it coming along. I found that there was another cream available and when I called to have him call it in to my pharmacy he wouldn't do it, said I had to make an apt. When I called to speak with him, I kept getting a nurse, Dr. Uytendaele would not himself call back. The nurse kept stating the creams were the same NOT TRUE. I told the nurse I will make an apt to see a doc. BUT it will not be with Dr. Uyttendaele or with Hudson Valley Dermatology. I have tried the other cream, after only two applications of this new cream my psoriasis is cleared. This Dr Uyttendaele and Hudson Valley Dermatology just want your $, they are not interested in curing you. They want you to come back and back and back. It took me 3 years of dealing with this to finally get that this group is not looking out for the patients best interest, only their own. (I would not even give this one star but you have to choose at least one)

|  Derm Appointment  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2013

Dr. U saw me three times for a skin rash that I believed to be Tinea Versicolor. Although he treated me, he never cured the rash and I believe he never really knew the underlying condition. He also had no real answers for me or my concerns. He left me with a diagnosis that I feel is still wrong and told me to get spray tans to cover the spots...If this is a dermatologist you wish to see, more power to you.

|  Smart, capable, friendly, doesn't over-treat  |  show details
Mar 13th, 2013

I've seen Dr. Uyttendaele a few times and it has always been a good experience. He is good at putting you at ease. He is quick to diagnose problems and has a sharp eye -- he notices things that you might not see on your own. He also doesn't do more biopsies than necessary, which is a relief. The staff is friendly and has a sense of humor, and the office in Kingston is one of the nicest doctor's offices I've been in.

|  Misquoted prices that yeild no results and RUSHED along because they're running behind!  |  show details
May 10th, 2012

In the past year, I've been to Hudson Dermatology three times for various concerns. Each time, I've waited between 30-40 minutes to be seen, past my scheduled appointment time. The last time that I went there recently, I was the last scheduled appointment at 4:15 for a sclerotherapy treatment. Not only am I extremely disappointed with the lack of obvious results, but there was an issue with the cost that Dr. U had quoted me during my consultation appointment with him (I was told $350. by him at that appointment) AND because they didn't get me into the treatment room until 4:40, Dr. U. RUSHED me through the treatment because the office closes at 5 p.m.! When I got to the front desk, I was told that I owed $350.00 on top of the $100.00 deposit that I had already paid at the first appointment. When I contested it, I was told that the total charge was $450., NOT $350., as had been quoted to me by Dr. U. I don't think they even believed me that he did indeed quote me the $350, nor did it matter. I was very disturbed by this costly misinformation. How tacky on their part and embarrassing on mine. To make my experience even more upsetting, it has been two weeks since my treatment and I received virtually NO results from the rushed procedure. Granted, they direct you to sign a form that confirms you're aware that the results are not guaranteed, ($450. from someone who earns only about 50K a year), but that's a lot of money to put out for a cosmetic procedure that yielded NO RESULTS to the main problem areas that I went in for in the first place. WOW- I am grossly disappointed. What a mistake and waste of money. I will never got back to this office and they probably couldn't care less because they're obviously not hurting for business/patients. What a sham......

|  Assembly line  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2012

Felt like assembly line. He popped in for 3 seconds then the girl with him explined the rest. He barely looked at me. Wouldn't recommend to anyone!

|  Approachable, kind, and smart  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2012

It is not often that you find that combination of characteristics in a doctor. I highly recommend for all your skin and cosmetic issues.

|  show details
Oct 8th, 2011

A very friendly person, diagnosed quickly what it was and what could be done!

|  show details
Oct 5th, 2011

Excellent doctor. Great service !

|  superb medic  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2011

A very good tratment and so nice!He has a great smile and cured me well.

|  The worst  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2010

went back so many times and he only made problem worse and never figured out what it was!