Dr. Hendrik Uyttendaele MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 14th, 2015
Brilliant Doctor
We are very blessed to have this doctor in our area. During a routine yearly skin check he noticed something no else ever caught. He recommended I take my son for an endocrine workup. Dr. Uyttendaele was spot on, the results are back and my son will begin taking a medication. Had he not noticed & explained certain things that have been obvious for years, my son's health would have rapidly deteriorated. So we went in for a skin check & came out with my son's life saved. No other doctor ever told us what these signs could mean and it turns out Dr. Uyttendaele was correct. I would highly recommend him as one of the most intelligent and caring doctors in our entire area.

March 25th, 2013
Derm Appointment
Dr. U saw me three times for a skin rash that I believed to be Tinea Versicolor. Although he treated me, he never cured the rash and I believe he never really knew the underlying condition. He also had no real answers for me or my concerns. He left me with a diagnosis that I feel is still wrong and told me to get spray tans to cover the spots...If this is a dermatologist you wish to see, more power to you.

March 13th, 2013
Smart, capable, friendly, doesn't over-treat
I've seen Dr. Uyttendaele a few times and it has always been a good experience. He is good at putting you at ease. He is quick to diagnose problems and has a sharp eye -- he notices things that you might not see on your own. He also doesn't do more biopsies than necessary, which is a relief. The staff is friendly and has a sense of humor, and the office in Kingston is one of the nicest doctor's offices I've been in.

May 10th, 2012
Misquoted prices that yeild no results and RUSHED along because they're running behind!
In the past year, I've been to Hudson Dermatology three times for various concerns. Each time, I've waited between 30-40 minutes to be seen, past my scheduled appointment time. The last time that I went there recently, I was the last scheduled appointment at 4:15 for a sclerotherapy treatment. Not only am I extremely disappointed with the lack of obvious results, but there was an issue with the cost that Dr. U had quoted me during my consultation appointment with him (I was told $350. by him at that appointment) AND because they didn't get me into the treatment room until 4:40, Dr. U. RUSHED me through the treatment because the office closes at 5 p.m.! When I got to the front desk, I was told that I owed $350.00 on top of the $100.00 deposit that I had already paid at the first appointment. When I contested it, I was told that the total charge was $450., NOT $350., as had been quoted to me by Dr. U. I don't think they even believed me that he did indeed quote me the $350, nor did it matter. I was very disturbed by this costly misinformation. How tacky on their part and embarrassing on mine. To make my experience even more upsetting, it has been two weeks since my treatment and I received virtually NO results from the rushed procedure. Granted, they direct you to sign a form that confirms you're aware that the results are not guaranteed, ($450. from someone who earns only about 50K a year), but that's a lot of money to put out for a cosmetic procedure that yielded NO RESULTS to the main problem areas that I went in for in the first place. WOW- I am grossly disappointed. What a mistake and waste of money. I will never got back to this office and they probably couldn't care less because they're obviously not hurting for business/patients. What a sham......

March 7th, 2012
Assembly line
Felt like assembly line. He popped in for 3 seconds then the girl with him explined the rest. He barely looked at me. Wouldn't recommend to anyone!

January 3rd, 2012
Approachable, kind, and smart
It is not often that you find that combination of characteristics in a doctor. I highly recommend for all your skin and cosmetic issues.

October 8th, 2011
A very friendly person, diagnosed quickly what it was and what could be done!

October 5th, 2011
Excellent doctor. Great service !

October 4th, 2011
superb medic
A very good tratment and so nice!He has a great smile and cured me well.