A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Henry Spotnitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Henry Spotnitz, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Beating Heart)
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Thoracic/Cardiothoracic Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Spotnitz graduated from Columbia University, New York.
Dr. Spotnitz has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Spotnitz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 9 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Henry M. Spotnitz practice?
Dr. Henry Spotnitz practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near New York, NY.
See New York Surgeons.