Dr. Hilary Fausett, MD

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

• Currently 2.3870967741935 of 4 stars
  • Currently 2.448275862069 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
 |  Love this doctor  |  show details
by SJ on Feb 1st, 2014

Dr. Fausett is a highly intelligent woman. She knows her speciality and cares deeply about her patients. She has taken care of me for three years with incredible success. She will not prescribe medications that are not medically necessary. She educates me on why she is prescribing my medications and the long-term side effects and ramifications of my medications. She listens carefully to all my symptoms and directs me to other specialists when appropriate.

|  Not caring at all  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2013

I s aw doctor Fausett for about 8 months. In that time, she never had a plan for me or discussed a plan for pain treatment. She cancelled my appointment 30 minutes prior to seeing her because I saw another doctor who offered a treatment she did not perform. What is really sad is I discussed this with her prior to seeing the other pain doctor. She was all for seeing the other doctor as this might be something that could help. Definitely not recommended.

Sep 10th, 2013

Dr. Hilary J. Fausett is a terrible person. She took an oath as a Dr. to do no harm and that is all that she has done. She is a terrible doctor and an even worse human being. When we called to ask a question it took 3 days for a return phone call. When we tried to get an urgent appointment for acute we were told she could see us in 2 1/2 days. Please do not see this doctor if you wish to have treatment she will not help you and only judge you and then hang you out to dry. If only you could give no stars, she does not even deserve the one star.

|  the worst MD ~ avoid at all cost  |  show details
by Mary on Aug 8th, 2013

Hilary was not just bad, she was destructive. I went with my husband to support him during his visit (he has chronic spine pain). She told me ~ in front of my husband ~ that while he looked OK on the outside, "inside your husband is a train wreck." Those words affected him deeply. He became depressed and felt hopeless. It started a downward emotional cycle of which he's never recovered. I'm a licensed psychologist and would NEVER recommend Hilary to anyone dealing with pain.

|  Poor bedside manner  |  show details
by R.G. on Feb 13th, 2013

qfter she talked to me and my husband, she simply backed at the door. We were dumbfounded--thought she was coming back. Had to ask office person, " are we through?". There was no plan, no referral, no recommendation, no comment. I'm a ret'd RN and I have never known of treatment so unprofessional!

|  Very Bad Doctor  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2012

Does not take any time with you. you could have called her on the phone and talked to her. the wait time is extremely bad. does not know what she is doing.

|  what bedside manners???  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2012

Reception staff is professional but the wait and doctor time with me was dismal and I left confused and uncomfortable.

May 8th, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Fausett for pain management for over 2 years. In that time she has been very professional and caring. She listens to what I have to say then she does something about it.She is excellent in solving problems, even giving me referrals. I really cannot say enough about her.

|  she's crazy and full of herself  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2012

she holds grudges and judges others when she is a psycho.

|  Long-Time Patient  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2012

All doctors have waiting time and emergencies that string out appointments, so that's not a huge issue. I want a doctor who knows what he/she is doing and can give me relief. Dr Fausett is that doctor. She is always personable and interested. Can't believe some of what I've read here, wonder if they've gone to the same doctor. (I go to her Glendale office.)

|  Small hands. Big Heart.  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2012

I found Dr. Fausett helpful and caring. She told it to me straight. After years of being bumped around doctor to doctor I was relieved to finally get the treatment I've needed for much too long. Getting an appointment was effortless and the gal in front was kind and cheerful. The only compliant i have is in regards to her nurse. She made me feel rushed. Not to mention her accent made things rather confusing. With her aside, I have nothing but AMAZING feedback for the doctor. Lovely woman.

|  She is an outstanding and caring physician.  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Fausett for more than a year. She is knowledgable, caring, and treats her patients as they were part of her family. I would recommend her to anyone. She is just fantastic.

|  administared assistant is the new doctor  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2011

I really like the doctors abilities But can no longer deal with her rude and uneducated administared assistant she is so mean and bitter I think she hates her job Dr Fausett knows whats going on she hire this bull dog to sick people she dosn't want to deal with IM going to report This office to the hospital And have them do a full Investagation

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2011

I see Dr. Fausett for pain management caused by a herniated L4/L5 disc. Dr. Fausett is extremely contentious and careful to determine all of my symptoms before treatment. She does not push surgery or unnecessary procedures. She is very cognizant of my entire wellbeing, including how medications will affect my hormones and bone density. I would highly recommend Dr. Fausett to my friends.

|  Arrogant Pain Doctor Attacks LA  |  show details
by itsashaunparty at Citysearch on Mar 25th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I would give her negative stars.I work from home. The only appointment I could get with her was at 8 am. To get there in time, I had to wake at 7 am. I was very groggy.I have an injury in my right leg. I went to her with an unexplained pain in my leg. I was sent from an orthopedic surgeon. She did a few tests that clearly showed that my nerve response in my right leg was much less than my left. Then I told her that I was worried because I was up to around six percocetday to deal with the pain.Upon this information she explained to me that I was an addict. I needed to go to rehab. It being early in the morning, and me being slightly disoriented, I just listened, stunned and scared. This was really the icing on the cake\"How many percocet do you have left\" - her\"None\" - me\"Ooooo, this will be fun.\" - herShe prescribed me methadone and clonidine each to treat my \"addiction\". She gave me packets about outpatient rehab. On my way home I called my parents and an old employer who I is sort of my mentor. All agreed that she was going overboard.Then my regular doctor read her report and more or less laughed at her conclusions.Point being, she ignored the pain part! I left with an achy leg and fear that I had gone from a RUNNING ENTHUSIAST to a HEROIN ADDICT. You`d think she`d at least look for track marks or something.Shame on you, Fausett. Shame on you.

|  Arrogant Pain Doctor Attacks LA  |  show details
by itsashaunparty at Citysearch on Mar 25th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I would give her negative stars.I work from home. The only appointment I could get with her was at 8 am. To get there in time, I had to wake at 7 am. I was very groggy.I have an injury in my right leg. I went to her with an unexplained pain in my leg. I was sent from an orthopedic surgeon. She did a few tests that clearly showed that my nerve response in my right leg was much less than my left. Then I told her that I was worried because I was up to around six percocetday to deal with the pain.Upon this information she explained to me that I was an addict. I needed to go to rehab. It being early in the morning, and me being slightly disoriented, I just listened, stunned and scared. This was really the icing on the cake\"\"How many percocet do you have left\"\" - her\"\"None\"\" - me\"\"Ooooo, this will be fun.\"\" - herShe prescribed me methadone and clonidine each to treat my \"\"addiction\"\". She gave me packets about outpatient rehab. On my way home I called my parents and an old employer who I is sort of my mentor. All agreed that she was going overboard.Then my regular doctor read her report and more or less laughed at her conclusions.Point being, she ignored the pain part! I left with an achy leg and fear that I had gone from a RUNNING ENTHUSIAST to a HEROIN ADDICT. You`d think she`d at least look for track marks or something.Shame on you, Fausett. Shame on you.

Mar 22nd, 2011

i am a running enthusiast. fausett treated me like a heroin addict. a vibration test clearly determined that one of my legs did not feel the same sensations as my other leg. instead of trying to find this problem, fausett concentrated on my use of percocet to ease the pain. i left with a methadone prescription and no answers. useless. waste of money and time... but mostly hope. i am currently seeing a sports therapist and a real pain specialist who is looking into the possibility of an inflamed nerve.

|  Dr. Fausett Is awesome!  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2011

Dr. Fausett is truly an expert and professional. I have been going to her for my mid back pain and have seen great results in the past few weeks. It was a little hard to get an appointment and there was a longer wait time, but it was worth it. I loved how confident and direct she was, it made me feel like I was in good hands.

|  Dr. Fausett is an excellent doctor  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2011

My experience with Dr. Hilary Fausett has been excellent. I was referred to her by a friend and had a fairly easy time getting an appointment. Dr. Fausett was able to diagnose the problem very quickly and I really appreciated how straight she was with my wife and I. She gave us a variety of options and really took the time to explain them to us. I ended up having a pain injection which was done at an outpatient center, so I was able to go home right away. I felt significantly better afterwards and it looks like I will not need to go through spine surgery (thank god). I can't thank Dr. Fausett enough for helping us make the right decision. It is obvious that she loves her job and really cares about helping people.

|  Not recommended as a caring doctor.  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2011

I believe that Dr. Fausett will only see patients with certain problems. Some of the people on this review site might have went to her for something she isn't good at, and she didn't respond appropriately. In my case, I believe she acted more appropriately, but that was by saying "I don't want to waste your time, I am referring you to someone else." which I took to mean "I don't want YOU to waste MY time." ... mostly because she answered her cell phone when she was in the middle of talking to me about my problem, and she left the room. She left me feeling like I didn't know what was going on, and I actually had to ask the nurse if she was done talking to me. When I told her and her staff that I had NO more pain medication because I was waiting to see her in hopes of getting the right kind, I was told to contact the Doctor she referred me to. I responded with the simple fact that I wouldn't likely see this new doctor for over a month, I was told that the new doctor could call my General doctor to get authorization or whatever. This was an absolute LIE, as no doctor will ever prescribe anything until they see you. I was left with no indication of my problem, no direction in where to go other then 'out of her office', and nothing to help alleviate my condition. Please if you are considering her as a doctor, you had better call and make sure that your problem is one that she will want to help you with.

Nov 2nd, 2010

My experience with Dr. Fausett is the complete opposite of what I am reading here. I rarely, if ever, leave comments on websites like this, but am compelled to write just to offer another opinion.I am seeing Dr. Fausett for chronic low/mid back pain. After months of dealing with the pain, working with physical therapy, I decided to look into seeing a pain management specialist.My consultation with Dr. Fausett was so comforting - she listened to me, took time with me, and really respected my needs as a patient.For example, I had a prior addiction to pain medication. I told her this - she made sure that I was first and foremost getting support for the addiction, then we talked about an action plan that would include no opiates. Additionally, when we made plans for me to have injections, she made sure that the pre-op notes included not putting me under with any med that could possibly trigger that addiction. As I was being wheeled into the room for my injections, I heard her going over this plan, verbally, with the anesthesiologist. It was incredibly reassuring.She also helped me with the psychological aspects of my pain - feeling guilty for "causing my own pain," dealing with chronic pain on a day-to-day level. She was emotionally supportive, and empowering in her dealings with me.I respect her greatly, and based on my own experiences with her, will continue to see her as needed.

|  find another dr  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2010

after finally seeing dr f, she then referred me to her glendale office...after an injection..not being told i would have to be put under..i had no follow up. when contacting her office, her secretary,assistant, was extremely rude, and told me the dr does NOT RETURN CALLS AND THE ONLY WAY TO TALK WITH HER WAS TO MAKE ANOTHER APPT!!the assistant assumed the drs role, and she would not return my calls.if dr f knows whats going on in her own office,that is scary..these kooks will never get anywhere near my spine again..what a scam.

|  Compassion  |  show details
by Steve Sherrill on Oct 7th, 2010

Dr Fausett is brusk and and lacks professional patient compassion. Very dismissive. Spends little time with patient before treatment and no time after.Would never recommend her to anyone. Nearly impossible to schedule office visit because she has two offices. It took several days follow the procedure to obtain a prescription for pain. Still suffering and now seeking another doctor.

|  Poor Bedside Manners  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2010

Rude and arrogant. Wouldn't answer questions reguarding her recommendations of steroids and cortisone. First time to leave a Dr.s office upsent and in tears, rather than feeling hopeful and relieved. Would never recommend her to a friend. She is full of herself as a physician and has the "God Complex."

|  Talented & Brilliant  |  show details
by T C at Insider Pages on Sep 1st, 2010 on insiderpages.com

I have an extensive medical history which has put me in the position of being seen by many doctors. Dr. Fausett is one in the handful of do...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Very positive experience  |  show details
by very satisfied patient on Apr 9th, 2010

I see Dr. FAusett for pain management. She accurately pinpointed the isue and I had an immediate relief of chronic pain. She is professional and efficient taking enough time.

|  great experience  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Apr 9th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

I have seen Dr. Fausette for pain management. I had excellent results but more importantly, she explained everything about my conditioin so...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  BAD DOCTOR  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2010

Dr. Fausett is a bad bad doctor, does not spend any time with me. she is typing while she is talking to you. I had to wait 1 hour to get me in and then she spent 10 mins with me, Did not act like she cared about me, just wanted me to get out of there. I would not recamend this doctor ever, seriously bad.

|  Hilary Fausett  |  show details
by NAT at Citysearch on Jul 15th, 2009 on citysearch.com

The doctor was in and out of the room in a short time, e.g., perhaps ten minutes. She didn`t spend adequate time discussing the reasons I was there. It seems she wanted to move to the next person without addressing questions and it appeared she didn`t actually practice according to what had been advertised with my insurance.

by NAT on Jul 15th, 2009 on citysearch.com

The doctor was in and out of the room in a short time, e.g., perhaps ten minutes. She didn't spend adequate time discussing the reasons I was there. It seems she wanted to move to the next person without addressing questions and it appeared she didn't a

|  Hilary Fausett Not Recommended  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2009

I would not recommend this doctor.