Internist,

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Prompt and professional response  |  show details
by Sam Sacha on Jan 10th, 2014

I was very impressed with Dr. Dollar who took time to review all my medications carefully. There were medications that did not work the best and caused some bad effects. He adjusted my medications and I now feel much better. I am grateful that someone took this time with me. He is a doctor I can trust.

|  worst doctor I have ever seen  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2013

This Doctor is horrible he and his staff are rude and not caring. its all about the money I saw them turn away a lady today because she couldnt pay 10.00 previous balance. This staff talks about patients at the front desk and just sitting in the lobby I can tell you about three patients and their health conditions. Last time I checked there were HIPAA laws against this. Makes you wonder what other patients hear about my medical conditions. This office should be closed down !!!!

Jul 30th, 2013

Worst patient bed manners. Refuses to discuss possible alternatives to his dire diagnosis

|  Positive experience  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2013

Doctor is knowledgeable and staff is courteous. My mom loved him. Her insurance chose him as her PCP and we are glad of it.

|  Great Doctor, Very knowledgeable. Helped me through a painful hernia.  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Dollar for numerous amounts of years now as my PCP and I recommend him to any family. I think what needs to be realized is that sure, he is a foreign doctor, but that's what's so great about him. He has insight and personal experiences that make him versatile and more able to connect with various amounts of people. His diagnosis for me has always been accurate and he is always attentive when listening to me. I had a hernia a few years ago and Dr. Dollar took great care of me. He was prompt on my follow ups and although sometimes he is quiet, he is really attentive. In my experiences with this doctor, I have noticed that not only is Dr. Dollar knowledgeable about his practice, but he has a true passion for medicine and that is why I recommend this doctor to any family. I, like any other patient, do get frustrated at times, however, I have to trust him and I can see during my visits that he knows what he is doing and that’s why I feel safe with him as my PCP.

|  courteous and knowledgeable.  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2013

He seemed very knowledgeable and helpful to me. Has a beautiful building. He explained my diagnosis well and referred me to someone who could actually help me out instead of ordering unnecessary tests. I appreciate that in a physician.

|  Very Knowledgeable  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2011

Dr. Dollar listens to you. Most of the time my problem is taken care of on the first visit. I do not have to keep going back, get unnecessary test, nor see other doctors.Dr. Dollar is an interist and more knowledgeable than other doctors I have seen.I have been a patient of Dr. Dollar's for years.

|  Watch Our for the Supporting Cast  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2011

He is rather quiet, but seems to be knowledgeable. His PA was useless and needs to find another line of work. The staff could not keep up with the insurance requirements and we had to take care of that ourselves including getting approval for medication. The staff said it was disapproved. When we called the insurance, they worked with us and approved it. All it tooks was a phone call. Same with referrals, we have to find specialists ourselves and then they'll write a referral.As for Dr. Dollar, he can be easily misunderstood both accent-wise and with his demeanor. When his PA found a boil, she said I'd have to go to the ER to get it lanced. When Dr. Dollar saw it, he lanced it himself and found that it was a infected cyst, not a boil.

Jun 20th, 2011

I got your letter that you cant help me anymore and to go find a new doctor. Thats what I need a real doctor. I am 40 years old and have had two heart attacks and stents. Then I just had surgery at m.d. Anderson for pancreatic cancer. They removed the pancreas,spleen,lymphnodes and gallbladder. I have not healed yet from infection. Im sorry if im having pain that you could not imagine! I Dont think you know what its like to be a single dad and wake up wondering if today is your last and the stress it has put on me. But I do not like being talked to the way you did and walked out of my room and told me to leave. If you cant give me pain meds I completely understand. So In the future have a plan (B)! Thats all I want is help. Your a poor excuse for a doctor! Go to M.D.Anderson and they can show you how its done.Cant wait to see your door close, And trust me It will. Yours truly, Hugh Phillips

by Mary on Jan 13th, 2011

Good staff and caring doctor. I appreciated the fact that he listened to my concerns without making me feel as if I dont know anything. And liked the way he explained the medicine effects. Wait area was a little small but the staff and Dr. Dollar are worth the little inconvenience. Thanks

Dec 19th, 2010

I was shocked upon reading the various comments that spoke negatively of Dr. Dollar as I've had a very good experience with him.My father is an 87 year old man who has overall declining health and who has been seen by multiple physicians in the past. He was diagnosed with depression and dementia and has been treated with multiple medications with no sign of improvement. At the end, I was referred by a friend to Dr. Dollar.I was very pleased by his demeanor as well as how pleasant the office staff was. He ordered the blood tests, diagnosed hypothyroidism, started medication immediately and I am glad to say that we have begun to see major improvement in my Dad's health.

|  Rude DR and no time for his patients, treats women with no respect  |  show details
by Susan on Jul 22nd, 2010

He comes in and ask what you are there for, but cuts you off and does not let you finish. Says you have something, but since I did not get to finish, how could he come up with a diagnosis? He left the room and the reason I was there did not even get addressed. He is too busy to be treating sick people.

|  Hospital "attending"  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2010

If you get stuck with this doctor as your attending in the ER, immediately ask for a different one. He has the worst bedside manner, is rude, mean to women, and doesn't know medicine. As someone who has been dealing with health issues for years, I know more than he does, and so do the nurses. The only way he would respond was by someone threatening to write him up. It is unbelievable that he is allowed to "practice" medicine. Please do not let him practice on you. He is so not worth it.

Doctor's Response

This doctor does not work in the ER. You have your doctors wrong.

|  Worst Bedside manner and staff I've encountered...  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2009

In the many years I've been treated by different physicians in California and Arizona for my medical conditions, Dr. H Dollar's staff is the MOST unpleasant. His PA, Casey, is extremely unprofessional and argumentative. I've been to this office at least 6 times for my care and have only seen the actual doctor twice!! Each time I saw Dr Dollar, himself, it wasn't as bad of a visit. The staff, however, are rude and just plain unpleasant. The medical assistant that puts patients in the room is colder than ice water (I am talking about her personality, not her body temp). I've finally had enough of the rude treatment that I've received from this entire office that I have chosen to take my business and my healthcare to the Sadler Clinic. I've been treated as though I actually matter since being seen by the wonderful doctors at Sadler. Please, if you have a choice, DO NOT CHOSE DR DOLLAR AS YOUR PCP!!!