Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

Some ratings provided by Yahoo. DrScore.
by Sue H. on Dec 22nd, 2014

You do have to wait, so call before you go and see if they will call you when a room is ready for you. He does not rush you out of there!

He really Cares show details He really Cares
Feb 6th, 2012

Although some of his staff was unpleasant, the nurses were excellent, he is a great doctor. I recently recieved some bad news, and he was so worried for me that he called me at home every week to make sure I was doing ok. He was there everytime I needed him at the hospital. He truly cares about his patients.

Nov 9th, 2011

Dr. Schmidt is quite simply one of the most professional and caring physicians in the San Pedro area. He spends the extra time to fully explain both the diagnosis and prognosis should you have a new medical issue, and will answer any questions you may have. He reminds me of the 'old school' family doctor; indeed, I know of patients he has checked on at their homes! I have been a patient for almost 10 years and his staff is exceptional...starting with Nancy and now Minna, Mary and Bridgette. You might spend a bit more time in the office than you expected, but keep in mind, Dr. Schmidt gives you the extra attention during your visit, which certainly makes you feel value as a patient!

ZZZZZZZ show details ZZZZZZZ
Sep 19th, 2011

Office staff is friendly but too busy to chat with you. Long waiting times. Crummy selection of magazines to read in waiting room.

Dec 20th, 2010

The office seems to be disorganized and the staff can be unprofessional. The office line seems to be answere in person rarely and messages are not returned. Wait time is extremely long and you don't always see the doctor. Once you see him, he does take his time with you, which is good, but the overall experience is unsatisfactory.

by KiraB on Feb 10th, 2009 on yahoo.com

I used to feel the same positive way everyone else did about Dr. Schmidt and his staff. Unfortunately, the last year or so I have seen a decline in the staff's professionalism and therefore it's hard to see the Dr. without feeling the effects of the staff.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Dec 5th, 2008

Our family have been patients of this physician for 15 years. He has seen us through a number of health related issues, guided us to appropriate specialists when necessary, assured our continued good health by his careful approach to preventive medicine and excellent advice. The office wait is extensive, but mitigated by the knowledge that Dr. Schmidt gives each patient his full attention and time.On top of his technical proficiency, he has a warm human, approach and great sense of humor. He takes the time to explain medical terms and conditions in a way the lay-person can understand.These qualities make Dr. Schmidt very valuable to his patients and almost impossible to replace.