by CECILIA JIMENEZ on May 14th, 2015

Dr Elist diagnosis was the most accurate and his treatment and bedside manner was excellent. His assistants are very cooperative

Penile Implant show details Penile Implant
by Brent on May 9th, 2015

Ask him for real references, some one that you can talk to. I had the implant surgery and I followed the post operation instructions to the letter. The implant looked and felt fine until 2 months later I developed swelling and had to fly back to his office to have him drain the infection and remove the implant. Now I am shorter and there are no other operations that I can get to correct this problem of removing the abundance of internal scar tissue.

Great job show details Great job
by Jeff on Apr 30th, 2015

Staff is very thorough explains well. Seems to be there if and when you need them. From this weeks experience I am very happy with my decision to fly out all the way from the east coast, because I thought was the absolute best especially considering what they're

took very good care of me show details took very good care of me
by Max on Apr 28th, 2015

My experience was very good doctor James is very knowledgeable and does care a lot about his patiants.

Ship Captain show details Ship Captain
by Rocko on Apr 20th, 2015

Testicles - No Problem with surgery but Too Hard. Find softer ones. I asked for Duro Hardness (Method of rating rubber hardness) and does not provide. WTF? Penile Inhancement - There is no way to lengthen. It's impossible by adding a hose over your penis. Girth is good because you have a hose over it. Dah!!! His attention to detail screwed the whole thing. The implant is 1.25 inches too short. It no longer is stitched to my penis at any location. It is a hose attached to my pubic area. I can only have sex with a condom on. Worst I cannot receive oral pleasure from females for fear of them touching it and questioning it.

satisfied customer show details satisfied customer
Apr 20th, 2015

Dr Elist's entire staff was amazing... They made a very uncomfortable situation very comfortable and relaxing.. Everyone had a great bedside manner and I'd recommend this Dr and staff to anyone..

Apr 19th, 2015

I received Elist's cosmetic penile implant. He promised me that this would be great and made very high claims about the outcome. His implant failed and had to be removed. I ended up losing penile length and now have scarring and penile shaft skin adhesions. He wants nothing to do with you once he sees that his device failed. Please do your research on this man. He ruined me and does not care.

Testicular Implant show details Testicular Implant
by br. d. on Mar 18th, 2015

My left testicule was removed when I was 23 due to testicular cancer. I was very depressed after that and I avoided any relationships. I heard about Dr Elist from one of my friends he had penile prosthesis surgery with him and I went to do the procedure. Thanks god after about a yearyear I am so happy with the result. Thank you Dr Elist

pharmacist show details pharmacist
by dale on Feb 27th, 2015

My suspensory ligament was tight and scarred. It was so tight I even had a noticeable dimple right above my penis. This caused constant discomfort. Sex was painful and I could only lift 10 pounds max. With a simple 30 minute surgery Dr Elist was able to reli eve the ligament. The next day I did not even need pain meds.

My view show details My view
by Mike on Feb 26th, 2015

Dr. Elist has been my doctor for nearly 20 years. He is extremely knowledgeable. Actually he is a friend and I am lucky to have known him

by Anthony on Feb 20th, 2015

I am so glad I decided to take this step

by J.A on Feb 16th, 2015

He is the best. I am truly happy to say. Thank you Dr. Elist. Its now been about 6 months since I had my penile enhancement and I can not say enough how its truly change my life

review show details review
by A.S on Feb 2nd, 2015

He is very compassionate and nice man. Very kind staff

Elist Implant show details Elist Implant
Jan 8th, 2015

Overall my experience having the penile implant was great. Surgery went smoothly, the results went accordingly to plan, and the doctors were very nice and informable.

by jihun kim on Jan 8th, 2015

That was great care !

Testicle Enhancement show details Testicle Enhancement
by U.K. on Nov 22nd, 2014

I had a double Implant i.e. 1 each side 18 months ago now .I'd travelled along way and I had good help from Dr Vaheh (now left) via email.Looking back things were a bit quick ,Dr Elist didn't take long to tell me what size he was going to put on ,it seemed hurried ,he was obviously busy .The op went ok,but the surgery nearby the office was a bit busy and staff were stretched .I had dissolving stitches put in as I had a long way to travel back home .They eventually disolved,but had some problems with some of them and had to see my own Doctor to get them removed .Tbh,the pain was minimal,and I 'd been given painkillers etc which was good. I didn't really need them all . I've been in contact ,and still am with the Office and find them to have been very helpful and they try and advise me as I'm suffering a bit with my left Implant over a natural testicle which keeps retracting into my left groin ! They tell me all will be good, and it will take time etc , but it is very stressful and it doesn't help my appearance in that area . The right Implant seems ok ,but this was a Implant over an Implant ,having lost my right testicle to Cancer at 30 . They told me to keep massaging them ,which I've done ,especially when bathing ,but this doesn't seem to help stretch the left side cord .They get quite loose after bathing ,and are very tight in the mornings,which after 18 months is difficult to accept . I just hope that things will Improve LA is along way to travel from Europe. I would suggest asking lots of questions to Dr Elist and get answers .Of course I'm really pleased that everything works,well my remaining testicle that is, and I can get erections still ,but at this stage I would have hoped things would all be good,but it seems to be taking forever . I wanted to get a better looking Man bulge, but at this moment in time,it ain't happened ,just want left Implant to descend otherwise it will have been a waste of time .

Testicular Implant show details Testicular Implant
by Doug on Nov 20th, 2014

Dr. Elist is very knowledgeable. Caring. And very competent surgeon who made me feel comfortable throughout the testicular implant process. I would recommend him to anybody looking for the same procedure .

by Kevin h on Oct 16th, 2014

Dr. Elidt and his staff did an exceptional job accommodating me my girlfriend and all of our questions. She's an RN so she did her best to get every ounce of information out of him. He answered every question and I feel I was given a great deal of information surrounding possibilities and was empowered to make am informed decision. As of right now I am very happy and although thus road to recovery still hurts to this very minute, I am happy with my decision and with Dr Elist and Dr omid.

a great support show details a great support
Sep 24th, 2014

I lov Dr. Elist, he has been my doctor for the past 13 years and I came to him right after I got clean and sober. He not only makes sure I am physically running 100%, but he also has been a mental support for my program, and through financially tough times he has been very understanding with me. I cannot thank him enough for what he has done for me though out all these years.

Very professional and nice doctor show details Very professional and nice doctor
by John on Sep 18th, 2014

The doctor was very nice. He saw me the next day I had pain. He is very knowable and know what he is doing. Can't stress enough how over the top this doctor is. I would recommend anyone see this doctor.

Testicular Enhancement show details Testicular Enhancement
by dion on Sep 18th, 2014

I enjoyed visiting the office the staff were very friendly.on the day of surgery wasn't sure what to expect,everything went fine I would recommend Dr Elist if you are thinking about this procedure.

Mr. show details Mr.
by dea123044 on Sep 15th, 2014

Fast, understanding,caring, efficient

VP International Sales show details VP International Sales
by Peter on Sep 5th, 2014

My experience has been extremely positive. consultation went as expected and all questions were answered. surgery went well with no iisues. recovery has been longer than anticipated but I had a cyst removed so this caused a slower than expected recovery. over all very happy with results. One note to remember is that it takes about 6 months to fully recover.

mr show details mr
by mark on Sep 5th, 2014

Dr Elist and his staff were very friendly and professional. The service Dr Elist provided was faultless. I am very happy with the resullts of the procedure carried out by Dr Elist. l would highly recommend him. Many thanks

review show details review
Sep 2nd, 2014

He' s a great doctor and has a lot of patience. Very knowledgeable especially in his field.

by Mr Florida on Aug 28th, 2014

I have to say thank you Dr Elist what you have done. You r really professional on what you doing.

Experience show details Experience
by RM on Aug 21st, 2014

My experience with the surgery was nice. Very easy and pretty painless. I have already felt increased confendense.

Elist Review show details Elist Review
by Canada on Aug 4th, 2014

From my arrival in the office until I left, Silvia, Omead, and Dr.Elist were welcoming, understanding, and supportive throughout my visit.

Elist Review show details Elist Review
by Canada on Aug 4th, 2014

new me show details new me
by eugene on Jul 25th, 2014

I feel like I am now the man that I talk about. I'm the sense that I have have always talked the talk and may have seemed to walk the walk but I have always been embarrassed and ashamed. People that knew me would think that my penis was big. Well now it is and I have only one person I would love to share it with. I know my wife has been putting up with my small size because she loves me and this is actually going to be a big surprise for her. Not only the size but the fact that I want to only please her as well as myself with the new me. I have the confidence many would already think that I had I can write a story on how much I BELIEVE this will help not only myself but my marriage as well. Its funny thinking when I was younger I thought I would want to share a big with cute girl in the world now having one I really want to share it with my hot and gorgeous wife that loved me so much she put up with the smaller side of me No Joke she confessed she had been faking and that took a toll on me. But whether or not I have another shot at what was once I thought the perfect bond I now can focus on my happiness and not be afraid or embarrassed to wrestle,play football,park our,breakdance, learn karate or talk to the most beautiful girl in the room. My smallest hurdle became the biggest one to conquer but I have and I'm ready to jump! Always with love to my Besito.

the new XXL show details the new XXL
by wolf skinner on Jul 15th, 2014

The doctor and staff where very welcoming. The made me feel comfortable, and answered all my question's and concerns . this is only day 2 so I will give more updates later . I recomend this doctor before any other Doctor for this surgery!!

Jul 10th, 2014

Experience was a bit more painful than expected, but the doctor made sure the medications kept me comfortable. Both doctors provided excellent care and answered all the questions. Staff (especially Zach) was very quick organizing the appointment and replying to emails which was necessary when coming out of town.

Testcular Implants show details Testcular Implants
by David C. on Jun 26th, 2014

Had small testicles because they remainded undescended way past puberty, had the implant surgery 3 days ago, which was nearly painless and very affordable. The swelling has subsided alot in just 3 days and at 60 years old this has been a source of self conciousness my whole life. I enjoyed my trip to California and at least so far, I'm really glad I did this for myself.

Testicular Enhancement show details Testicular Enhancement
by Lee Clark on Jun 25th, 2014

I had testicular atrophy from two decades of testosterone therapy and had also had a penile prosthesis placed. The only visable thing in my scrotum was the pump for the inflatable prosthesis. I had looked for several years for a way to have testicles which looked normal again. While searching on the internet one day I saw Dr. Elist's information and contacted his office by email. I received a call back. I was very happy to learn that what I wanted was possible and easily done. I scheduled the surgery and am very happy with the results. The procedure cost less than I anticipated.

2nd surgery show details 2nd surgery
by j.s on May 23rd, 2014

I had my first implant put in a little over a year and loved it! The whole team is very polite and helpful with all questions and concerns. I now put in the upgradedversion of the implant its also bigger so I'm excited. Docters are very knowledgeable and considers ur needs and wants. Thank you!

removal of fat then I had the implant procedure show details removal of fat then I had the implant procedure
by Daniel G on May 16th, 2014

When I first walked into the office I was very nervous but soon after I ment the staff they made me feel very comfortable.I had two procedures and every time I went to see them my experience was great .After the procedure I was in minimum pain I only had to take my pain meds for one day.I am very thankful for what they have done for me

very painful and uncomfortable show details very painful and uncomfortable
by Jason W. on May 12th, 2014

i got an elist implant and it hurts and i will be geting it removed and i now have erectile disfunction.

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
penile emplant show details penile emplant
by sbj on Apr 1st, 2014

Dr elist and staff were very profetional and very courteous and maid me feel comfortable. I had enlargement procedure and wooow

by Kinsley johnson on Mar 31st, 2014

It didn not take long I had a little bit of pain for a week or two but other than that my procedure was very good and I was able to go back to work in a week.

by LB on Mar 17th, 2014

Up to this point, I would recommend this procedure to anyone looking to boost their self esteem or anyone looking to increase their penis size. The office staff and Doctors have been great and have taken the time to explain and answer all my questions. They have been very professional and personal, which has given me a sense of ease and comfort. I am very pleased at this point in the immediate results both in girth and length and look forward to the coming weeks as I heal and watch for the final results.

met my expectations show details met my expectations
by JE on Mar 6th, 2014

So far I am satisfied with the results. Today is the 4th day after my PE surgery and I have no complaints regarding all the Doctors that assisted before, during, and now after my surgery. Everyone in Dr. Elist's office is friendly and courteous, but most importantly, the results so far have met my expectations. I will keep updating my progress on a weekly basis.

The new implant show details The new implant
by M.Russell on Mar 5th, 2014

Dr Elist and Dr Vaheh have been great to me. They have always been there to answer my questions and assist me in every way possible. I've had the pleasure of have both the old and new implant. By far the new implant appears to be superior in its comfort and more natural feel. I am very pleased with my experience here. I would highly recommend Dr Elist and Dr Vaheh for anyone considering this procedure. Once again I can't say it enough they were always there for me when I needed them. Thanks

penile enhancement surgery show details penile enhancement surgery
by sbj on Feb 28th, 2014

Dr Elist and his associates are very professional and helped me all the way and made it very easy and I have awesome results.

improvement on flexible rod prosthesis show details improvement on flexible rod prosthesis
by ßteve M on Feb 27th, 2014

Excellent care from Dr Elist, very competent staff.

Brilliant Results show details Brilliant Results
by K on Feb 26th, 2014

I don't recognize my penis it's grown so much. Phenomenal results indeed.

Very professional show details Very professional
by Eric on Feb 19th, 2014

Dr.Elist and his staff are professionals. They are up to date and have much experience in their field. My experience was comfortable.

Amazing results!!!! show details Amazing results!!!!
by Josh S. on Feb 12th, 2014

Since I live in Ohio the timing of work, flights and procedure were difficult. The office staff was the best to work with me and get all this together. Once I came for the procedure they did everything possible to make the whole experience the best it could be. The personnel at the surgery center were the best and very professional. After the procedure everything was taken care of for me and very well explained. The results from the implant were more than I expected and I'm looking forward to ... Just on the staff, the doctors and the way they helped and made sure I was comfortable, I would recommend this procedure to every man on the planet. I'm looking forward to the end of my wait time to experience a whole new me. Thank you to Dr. Elist and your staff.

Elist Implant show details Elist Implant
by Kingdom1 on Feb 11th, 2014

Day 1 after surgery. The surgery was a success. Moderate pain, light swelling, and light bleeding from the drainage. The results are great. My girth went from 4in to 6in while flacid. No major issues to report at this time. So far I am pleased, can't wait to try it out,,Stay tuned

penile implant AMS 700 show details penile implant AMS 700
by Kingdom1 on Feb 10th, 2014

I wanted to share my experience with the AMS 3 piece implant. I have had the implant for over a year and I have experienced a loss in girth and length, to the point that sexual intercourse is painful, I will attempt to remedy this with the Elist implant. I will give you and update in a few days, Stay tuned Men

Great treatment, Great result show details Great treatment, Great result
by kody on Feb 7th, 2014

I very good experience. Great surgeon.

Great treatment, Great result show details Great treatment, Great result
by the German on Jan 17th, 2014

I came the second time for my TE(testicular enlargement) and again I am really happy with everything, making appointments, surgery, follow ups and the results really changed my life. I would like to thank Dr. Elist and his entire team for their friendly and professional attitude.

My Dad show details My Dad
by Shadi on Dec 3rd, 2013

The staff is friendly, and Dr. Elist is very competent. He has been my dad's doctor for many years now helping him with prostate issues. I just don't like the waiting time, especially with older patients. We waited 45 minutes over the scheduled appointment. Other than that, top notch...

Prostate show details Prostate
by Amit on Dec 2nd, 2013

Follow up with Dr. Elist for my prostatitis. Treatment has been very help full so far. This guy has knowledge. And the capsules he gave me work wonders with my problem. It's nice to be pain free again. Thanks doc.

Office visit show details Office visit
by Kevin Johnson on Dec 2nd, 2013

What can I say about Dr Elist other than FIVE STAR performance. He is everything a professional surgeon at the top of his profession should be! I had an office visit with him as a result of a recommendation from a friend. Dr Elist was quick to put me at ease and explain in detail the benefits and practicalities of a potential surgery. he later followed up with me.

Office Visit show details Office Visit
by Edward on Nov 27th, 2013

I Always appreciate doctor for his expertise and valuable knowledge of helping and his diagnoses process and professionalism .

Nov 26th, 2013

Dr. Elist is excellent. I saw him as part of a routine urological exam. He is wise and the best in his field.

Implant Disater show details Implant Disater
by Pat on Nov 26th, 2013

This review, along with any other negative about Dr. Elist was deleted last week from this website. I am reposting it. This is typical of the shenanigans that this doctor is up to . I implore anybody researching about this doctor to google him and find out the truth. My repost is is below...I have no idea how long it will stay up before it mysteriously disappears again. There are countless Elist 'Implant' horror stories. I had the implant 4 years ago and it was the absolute worst mistake of my life. Dr. Elist is not truthful about the actual chances of compilations and necessary removal. He also is not truthful about the (permanent) retraction (in length) of the penis that results after the removal. Please visit Phalloboards.com to learn more about this nightmare. In fact, the reason this site was created in the first place was because . Dr. Elist ' contaminated the previous 'notorious' Mynewsize.com with shills to sell this failed product. On this site, you will find countless personal stories of men who have had the implant and regretted it terribly. These are the stories that Dr. Elist doesn't want you to hear. So why are there so may positive reviews on this site? The reason is they are either shills or patients of his that are compensated for their positive reviews. Little do they know they are walking around with a time bomb in their pants. If I can save just one man from experiencing the horror I went through because if this doctor, I will die a happier man.

Mark as Helpful  | 14 people found this helpful Report Abuse
post surgery visit show details post surgery visit
by Bryan S on Nov 26th, 2013

Excellent service, always willing to help, will recommend to everyone.

Implant Disaster show details Implant Disaster
by Pat on Nov 21st, 2013

Run Away As Fast As You Can show details Run Away As Fast As You Can
by B on Nov 14th, 2013

I had the implant with Dr. Elist and this was the worst mistake of my life. The implant started coming through the skin and the Dr's recommendation was to put Neosporin on it and wrap it. The hole continued to get bigger and leak. I was told to keep it wrapped and it would heal. I had to make an emergency flight out to him to have it removed after he finally decided that it would be necessary. After removal I ended up a little over an inch shorter than I started and with a strong upward curve I never had before. All this and he refused to give me my money back. Think long and hard and do a lot of research before deciding to choose Dr. Elist.

Disastrous results from this Dr. show details Disastrous results from this Dr.
Nov 12th, 2013

Think long and hard about this procedure. Myself and many others on phallobaords.com feel we were butchered by this Dr. As for me I had to have it removed (as have many others). The procedures have left me with a 1 1/2 inch short penis when erect. I have lost total sensation on the top half of my penis. I have to take injections to get an erection. The procedure is the worst mistake of my life. Please do significant research on this from places other this site. You will find numerous VERY negative reviews. Google phalloboards 2.0

Muy buena atencion excelente Doctor show details Muy buena atencion excelente Doctor
by Emilio de Val on Nov 8th, 2013

Me parecio excelente todo,desde la atencion Del dr Elist y todo su equipo.

Nov 8th, 2013

Greate experience with Dr Elist and Dr Vaheh. Everything went as advitised. exceeded expectations.

Great! show details Great!
by Marc on Oct 25th, 2013

Everything I expected thus far! I have more size, weight and thus more buldge in my pants! Very satisfied and the wife has a smile as well... Moderate pain, expected more, tube is a little uncomfortable but bearable for the 3 days. Definitely recommend it.

one year after penil surgry show details one year after penil surgry
by Raymond on Oct 23rd, 2013

The only problem I have now are finding condoms large euongh

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
office visit second opinion show details office visit second opinion
by jon on Oct 22nd, 2013

I was very impressed with Dr Elist knowledge and explanation of the procedure I do highly recommend him as a primary urologist or any second opinion prior to the surgery

by David on Oct 7th, 2013

Dr. Elist and his staff are very hospitable. They made sure I was happy with everything they did. I'm happy with the procedure and I'm excited to see how it is when it's all healed.

Spanish Guitarist show details Spanish Guitarist
by Drew Diego Bennett on Oct 2nd, 2013

Dr. Elist and Dr. Vaheh displayed excellence and professionalism beyond standard medical treatment. Dr. made me comfortable through the entire pre and post opp surgery and were very thorough about any of my questions. I researched this procedure extensively & came to the conclusion that Dr. Elist's implant is the safest for men, and am very pleased with the surgery. I'm up and around the day after surgery and feel great both physically, mentally & psychologically. I highly recommend Dr. Elist's procedure over all other "more risky" male enhancement procedures. The entire staff was very friendly, and the anesthesiologist made me feel comfortable.

My Surgical Experience show details My Surgical Experience
by Emmanuel Jackson on Oct 2nd, 2013

The Most memorable was how great I felt after the surgery. The think I like about it is that I liked to have a bigger penis and the result is fantastic. What I dislike was the pain of getting up in the middle of the night and lack of rest. I would tell a friend how great Dr elist and Dr vaheh are and they take good care of you. And the procedure is given me confidence and hope for tomorrow. I will choose this Dr again for sure!

PE surgery! show details PE surgery!
by jose on Sep 24th, 2013

I just had surgery yesterday and The results are amazing. Dr. Elist and his staff did a great job.

by am on Sep 17th, 2013

I'm one day after surgery and don't feel pain ,I'm feeling OK everything went fine and it was a good choice to have it done by Dr Ellist Thank you

by derek on Sep 13th, 2013

The consultation up to the surgery was very smooth. Dr elist was extremely helpful and I have to say that I am very happy with the immediate results! Dramatic girth improvement and decent length, anyone looking to improve their size without invasive surgery should definitely look into the Dr. Elist penile implant!

surgery show details surgery
by Albert Gentille on Sep 2nd, 2013

Dr. Elist is a great Physician and done a wonderful job on me. I can't say enough about what a caring man he is. I also would like to mention Dr. Veheh who is also a great Dr. The staff was great too. Silvia and Cecilia helped me get through all the hurdles. I can't thank them enough! Albert

The artist of the century show details The artist of the century
Aug 30th, 2013

I believe Dr. Elist is providing us with the top of the line technology for penile reconstruction. He's not only an artist but he's the greatest person and my new role model

New Experience show details New Experience
by Victor on Aug 23rd, 2013

Just writing to say thanks to the doc. Called Wednesday, appointment today. The lovely front lady was very helpful. Consultation for free. Who still does that anymore? I was expecting $$$ charges. Dr. Elist is friendly, explained everything, sometimes fast, but questions were welcome. I have been struggling with ED for years now, and nothing helped. All questions answered, tests are scheduled for next week, follow up after. Just one word to men who are struggling with ED or have prosthesis, there a gem he is offering, check the website. Thanks again doc. PS: this man is busy, if you schedule, bring a little time (I waited about 45 minutes), but he is worth it and the time spent will change everything.

Aug 20th, 2013

Dr Elist and his staff did a great job making the process easy....provided answers to all my questions and explained in detail what to expect and when to expect it.

consulktation show details consulktation
by Tim on Aug 15th, 2013

Just met Dr. Elist and his team for a consultatuion visit For procedure. Wait time was long, but consult was very informative . Dr. Elist was very knowledgeable, all info I asked for was provided. I will likely schedule for surgery soon. Lived the office a ambient and helpful staff. Very impressed with Dr. Elist credentials.

Very friendly, knowledgeable and comfortable show details Very friendly, knowledgeable and comfortable
by Michael F. on Jul 31st, 2013

I have seen Dr. Elist twice (initial visit and follow-up) and he was professional, compassionate, and his humor was respectful but helped to ease my embarrassment about my situation. He provided sound advice and guidance and my issue has been resolved!

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Stay away from this guy show details Stay away from this guy
Apr 14th, 2013

I had penile enhancement surgery and the results have been devastating to me. The doctor is a fraud. I had to have the implant removed, just as many other of his patients. The results have been lost penis length, severe ED, and complete loss of libido.

Testicle Augmentation Implants show details Testicle Augmentation Implants
by Michael M on Feb 20th, 2013

I had testicle augmentation implants about 18 months ago. Whilst the implants look natural, they feel very hard and cold to the touch. Dr Elist did suggest to go one size smaller, but he did not warn me that the feel would be completely unnatural. Also, the consultation was about 5 minutes, then the paperwork was signed and I had the procedure that afternoon. He did provide 3 nights accommodation at a near-by hotel and his office rang me to see how I was doing. I feel he is a competent surgeon with a very pleasant bedside manner however I would not have any further implants or penile work with Dr Elist due to the "4 out of 10" score I feel about the overall result of the testicular implants.

TWO VISITS/TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT OPINIONS show details TWO VISITS/TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT OPINIONS
Oct 15th, 2011

I first visited the doctor to determine if his "patented" prosthetic testicles would be useful for me. I've been on testosterone replacement therapy for 18 yrs and my real ones had shrunken badly. The dr. examined me, touched and felt everything, then pronounced the I was a good candidate. He brought out a "large" size of his device (they come in medium, large and x-large, so the designations are Madison Avenue come-ons). I was allowed to check out the pair, tho't to myself they were huge, but since he recommended them I supposed they must be appropriate. Later, when I told my own doctor about the devices, he asked how, if one's testicles were to be encased inside the silicone, they would be able to rise and fall according to the body's temperature regulation system. He was concerned that a cancer risk might be involved. Since I had developed some other questions myself, I made an appointment to see the dr. again several months later. The visit was entirely different. A man wandered in, seemed lost but it turned out he was there to see "a Dr. Elist." An Hassidic gentleman, he kept going to the receptionist's window to ask when the dr. would be available and she kept telling him the dr. was with patients. The room was not crowded, only one other patient was waiting and may have been waiting for his colleague. When I finally heard the doctor's voice it had become very late so I felt great relief. But instead of having me come in the receptionist told him the Hassidic man was there and he was immediately ushered in where they spoke, right near the receptionist's window, for over 45 minutes (I watched the clock) and then finally I was shown to a room. Shortly after Dr. Elist entered, without explanation or apology. He shut the door and there stood a young man, a boy actually, still sporting baby fat in his cheeks, looking for all the world like he'd just become ill at his own bar mitzvah. Since the dr. said nothing, I asked, "Who is this?" "He's my, he's here to obser..., he's assisting me today. He's a medical student." I thought to myself: I'm in the presence of Doogie Howser. The boy looked completely abashed, shy and as embarrassed as I was. He never moved from his corner nor said a word. Dr. Elist came over to me, stood in a manner where the "medical student" couldn't see a thing, began to feel around and announced "Your scrotum has shrunken, I could never get even the smallest of my devices into you." Perhaps it had shrunken, probably from my body's wish not to be displayed to a child. It hangs, dangles, tightens up, changes size depending on temperature and mental state but the dr. didn't seem aware of this. Then, he opened his cardboard box with prosthetic testes rattling around in it. He started pulling them out, rather like a clerk at a hardware store would rifle through a box of screws looking for one that fit. Dr. Elist pulled out one, roughly the size of a large Vitamin E capsule, told me that was about what I could accommodate. I asked about stretching the skin and he told me I might try pouring olive oil on my hands and stretching the skin for a few months, but did not seem confident or enthused about the idea. His observations and opinions were so diametrically opposite those he'd expressed just months before. I asked about my dr.'s concerns about cancer and he just brushed it off. "No, that doesn't happen." I left his office not having asked at least 80% of the questions I'd come to have answered, entirely because of the boy-like "assistant" "medical student" he'd brought in, entirely ignoring medical protocol where a patient is to be asked in advance if they'd mind an observer during their exam. It was all dumbfounding to me, and it was an hour an 15 mins past my appointment time when I left. The doctor had spent 10 mins at most with me. I wrote what I considered to be an entirely diplomatic message to him but it was not acknowledged. After speaking with several other doctors who practice out of Cedars, describing my experience, they were aghast and made me very wary about seeing that man again, so I will never visit that office again.

Mark as Helpful  | 14 people found this helpful Report Abuse