Dr. James Maxwell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 7th, 2016
Wow, talk about a calming influence. Dr. Maxwell and his medical assistant are amazing. They make you feel like someone is in your corner. I'm so happy I had the surgery and am now feeling great. They changed my life forever! Thank you dr. m.

February 21st, 2016
Dr. Maxwell showed me what the problem was. He told me what he could do and what kind of results I should have. I went into surgery with a terrible back ache and sciatica. When I awoke from surgery the major pain was gone.It's been three weeks and the results are just what the Dr. said they would be. Thank you Dr. Maxwell you did a great job.

January 24th, 2016
Negligent
Dr. Maxwell had absolutely no interest in the fact that my mother had fallen twice after having back surgery performed my him. He simply advised her to go to the ER where she was admitted and drugged out of her mind for 5 days (twice). She kept complaining of extreme pain in her legs. His only concern was the surgical site. He made no effort to explore further the possibility of damage elsewhere from her fall. It's been 7 weeks and she is still suffering. I call this negligence. Unbeknownst to us this is the same doctor that permanently disabled my sister.

November 19th, 2015
Dr. Maxwell is fantastic. He is direct and to the point. Helped me understand what was going on While I know i have a generic spine problem, he advised me to do PT and watch it for now. His PA is great too. Thank you both.

November 3rd, 2015
FAILURE
WORSE EXPERIENCE EVER. ENDED UP IN A WHEELCHAIR FOR 2 YEARS. HE KEPT TELLING ME HE DIDN'T KNOW WHY I WAS PARALYZED FORM THE WASTE DOWN. AFTER A COUPLE OF YEARS THE X RAYS SHOWED 3 BROKEN RODS. WE SHOWED HIM THIS AND HE DENIED ANYTHING WAS WRONG. MY 6 YEAR OLD GRANDSON COULD SEE THE BREAKS. OMG. I HAVE PERMANENT NERVE DAMAGE AND SUFFER EVERY NIGHT.GET ANOTHER OPINION. GET OUT OF THERE.

May 18th, 2015
My personal experience with Dr. Maxwell and his staff was outstanding. He is an excellent surgeon and because of his care I am doing more than I ever thought I would do again. I will highly recommend him to anyone needing spinal surgery. Dr. Maxwell spent time with my husband and me, explaining all we needed to know. My hero!

April 13th, 2015
Got diagnosis but not much for pressent or future treatment or alternatives.

January 30th, 2015
Dr. Maxwell
Dr. Maxwell took my nerve pain away with surgery, it is a miracle.

January 27th, 2015
Had major back surgery 6 months ago & now have a new lease on life! I could not be more pleased with the results! I have already recommended Dr. Maxwell to several friends also in need of back surgery!

May 7th, 2014
Spinal Surgery
I had years of back and leg pain leg numbness at times I wasn't to walk .After Dr. Maxwell operated on my lower back I am now 98% pain free and able to go for long walks & function as I did years ago A BIG THANK DR MAXWELL

April 11th, 2014
The Best
After all else failed Dr. Maxwell saved the day or should I say a lifetime of no more pain.

April 9th, 2014
MR.
After an injury caused by a fall I saw Dr Maxwell and was informed that a surgical procedure was my only help I trusted Dr. Maxwell right from the start and as a result of the accident he had to operate on me 3 Times with in the last 10 years . I will never be the same as before but Dr Maxwell gave me some life back and I can move around ,be active and I was able to reduce the pain medication drastically. He is my Hero