Gastroenterologists
10200 W 105th St
Ste 200
Overland Park, KS 66212
913-495-9600
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

|  All about the Money  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2014

The assembly line should have been my first clue, Staff hurried and curt, The procedure (colonoscopy) felt like I was in a factory. After the doctor spoke to me for 90 seconds. I said the pictures looked great and he agreed although it was labeled as a polyp. I said that it didn't look like anything and he agreed. I was then given a bill for this "Free" procedure. Around $200... Dr. Mavec's lab is the only lab they use. This is a huge conflict of interest. I know of three others who have been to this facility for colonoscopies and each have had biopsies, with the charges associated. Not only is this a possible fraud but much more unethical considering the concern this must cause patients. DO NOT go here!

Jun 16th, 2014

Excellent (to the point) Doctor and Staff.

Jan 2nd, 2012

I felt that Dr Mavec is a good doctor. I don't feel like he wastes my time or his with an hour long chat about how my family is. He addressed my medical concerns. I appreciate the straight forward approach from a doctor

Oct 16th, 2011

I'm very surprised by the comments shown. I have been seeing Dr. Mavec for 10 years and I have always had the best experience with him. He is thorough and takes the time to listen to my concerns. Diagnosis has always been accurate. I believe he truly cares about his patients.

Jun 16th, 2011

Very unprofessional and rude, save your money don't go there!

|  Rudest doctor I've ever been to  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2011

We brought some lab results from a diff doctor, dr. Mavec refused to listen to our questions, he got stuck on " I don't know how to interpret this results, ask a doctor who ran them". Which we didn't ask him to interpret the results. Then he said that he doesn't understand how a 300 pound person can be malnourished, which after confronting him about it he told us to leave his office. Extremely rude doctor! I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy!

|  Dr. James Mavec,MD Gastroenterologist at OP Regional  |  show details
Jan 15th, 2011

Dr. Mavec should not be practicing medicine. He does not care about his patients and has made a deadly mistake on my grandaughter, leaving part of a tool, or something metal in her after trying to take out a stent he had put in previously. It was only found after another doctor ordered a barium swallow and it showed up on the x-ray did they find this out. He must have known because a part of the tool was missing. Right after he did this he resigned from the case. Now they cannot get any surgeons to operate on her to take this piece of metal out because it is in such a dangerous place. I don't know all the terms for this but I do know that anyone having GI problems should steer clear of this doctor. He is deadly.My grandaughter is 26 years old and has a new baby.

Nov 24th, 2009

I was a patient for several years, and never really had a problem. I began to experience intense pain and called. Dr. Mavec acted like he didn't much care. He did a colonoscopy and said all was well. 2 wks later I had surgery and the nurses told me that I had the worst abscess that anyone at the med. center had ever seen. I was in the hospital 9 days. Dr. Mavec's partners came to see me, but he never did. He was there but just never checked. I now go to Dr. Mark Allen, and highly recommend him.